TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems
Jun 2, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #1,171 of 1,206
Well my housing on the right IEM finally cracked and a piece broke off, while exploring my options re-cabling I also managed to remove the positive pad from the crossover board...talk about a good nights work.

I have attached the positive cable to what I (naively) assume is the first  or 'next in line' resistor, this has decreased bass volume but tightened things up considerably? when putting back together I also put a splash of clear nail varnish over the front vent to the dynamic driver to compensate somewhat for the loss of low frequencies. Finally, I repaired the shell with air setting rubber.

All the testing has been done with the open IEM in my ear, the negative lead re-soldered to the IEM and the wife holding the positive lead to various places on the crossover board until I found something I was happy with...very scientific!

Anyone able to confirm what I have actually done, on a technical level? 

.SoSoS.

Jun 17, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #1,172 of 1,206

I found a chart for T2 in a Chinese forum. 

I was very interested in this IEM what I found in Ali-Express.
It used dual BA and a dynamic, but this graph shows falling down from 10KHz...Wow...
I can sense what sound will be hearing to me by see in deep valley of 5KHz, and falling down from 10KHz.
Thank you, Justinzanyo.

Jun 17, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #1,173 of 1,206
Well my housing on the right IEM finally cracked and a piece broke off, while exploring my options re-cabling I also managed to remove the positive pad from the crossover board...talk about a good nights work.

I have attached the positive cable to what I (naively) assume is the first  or 'next in line' resistor, this has decreased bass volume but tightened things up considerably? when putting back together I also put a splash of clear nail varnish over the front vent to the dynamic driver to compensate somewhat for the loss of low frequencies. Finally, I repaired the shell with air setting rubber.

All the testing has been done with the open IEM in my ear, the negative lead re-soldered to the IEM and the wife holding the positive lead to various places on the crossover board until I found something I was happy with...very scientific!

Anyone able to confirm what I have actually done, on a technical level? 

.SoSoS.
Your wife sounds hot. lol :p

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #1,175 of 1,206
I had been eyeing the T2 for a few weeks because I was curious about triple driver IEM's after taking a liking to dual driver IEM's like the T1 and Narmoo S1,both of which I own . I stumbled upon the last one @ Mass Drop for $70 so I bought it immediately. I like the T2 because it bests the T1 in everything except soundstage. Then again,soundstage affects bass to my ears and the T1 sounds thinner than the T2 so I appreciate the bass despite the loss of soundstage in the T2.. The T2 has its definite limit in use just like the T1 and that means both were limited to acoustic jazz. Any type of rock and electronic based music sounds underwhelming to my ears through the T1 & T2. The Narmoo S1 works far better for me when it comes to those two genres.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #1,176 of 1,206
  I had been eyeing the T2 for a few weeks because I was curious about triple driver IEM's after taking a liking to dual driver IEM's like the T1 and Narmoo S1,both of which I own . I stumbled upon the last one @ Mass Drop for $70 so I bought it immediately. I like the T2 because it bests the T1 in everything except soundstage. Then again,soundstage affects bass to my ears and the T1 sounds thinner than the T2 so I appreciate the bass despite the loss of soundstage in the T2.. The T2 has its definite limit in use just like the T1 and that means both were limited to acoustic jazz. Any type of rock and electronic based music sounds underwhelming to my ears through the T1 & T2. The Narmoo S1 works far better for me when it comes to those to genres.

I felt the t1 was a bit thin in the midrange as well, this is one area I felt the t2s made up ground in.

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #1,177 of 1,206
I had been wanting to purchase and try T2E out for a while now. They said that by using beryllium dynamic woofer, it will enhance the low-end spectrum and respond, it probably coherence better with the BA units in the while increasing the bass as well. But how do they improve the soundstage ? Did they change any components on the cross over circuit ? Or only the woofer was the change ?

Anyways, since reducing the vents hole on the T2, I have to say that I like it a lot, it slightly boosted he bass and he soundstage to around 25-30% improvements. Hugh, I really wonder what can be achieved from T2E with the same mod.

The one thing that hold me back is Prime shipment....there is no Prime available on Amazon, and I hate waiting for 2-3 weeks.

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,178 of 1,206
I had been wanting to purchase and try T2E out for a while now. They said that by using beryllium dynamic woofer, it will enhance the low-end spectrum and respond, it probably coherence better with the BA units in the while increasing the bass as well. But how do they improve the soundstage ? Did they change any components on the cross over circuit ? Or only the woofer was the change ?

Anyways, since reducing the vents hole on the T2, I have to say that I like it a lot, it slightly boosted he bass and he soundstage to around 25-30% improvements. Hugh, I really wonder what can be achieved from T2E with the same mod.

The one thing that hold me back is Prime shipment....there is no Prime available on Amazon, and I hate waiting for 2-3 weeks.

Take the T2, add a massive mid-bass boost at 250hz and a sibilance-inducing treble boost at ~6khz and you get the T2-E

It's pretty much garbage, don't bother.

Jul 18, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #1,179 of 1,206

Take the T2, add a massive mid-bass boost at 250hz and a sibilance-inducing treble boost at ~6khz and you get the T2-E

It's pretty much garbage, don't bother.

you've tried both the t2 and the t2e?

sighhh I wonder what went wrong.... the t1e was pretty good (not my cup of tea) but I will acknowledge good performance when I see/hear it.

anyone tried the t1 originals? it seems that everyone or a lot of people jumped on the t1e bandwagon but skipped out on the original

Jul 18, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #1,180 of 1,206
you've tried both the t2 and the t2e?

sighhh I wonder what went wrong.... the t1e was pretty good (not my cup of tea) but I will acknowledge good performance when I see/hear it.

anyone tried the t1 originals? it seems that everyone or a lot of people jumped on the t1e bandwagon but skipped out on the original

I love my T2, and I really don't think the T2-e will have such bass bloat or crystallized highs peak. That would not be the signature of the T2 at all, so by the name as T2 enhanced version, it is wrong just from the sound of it. I know T2 uses Beryllium Dynamic 10mm woofer. So the signature of byrillium as I have read that it carries good bass and respond where as T2 is lacking with it Titanium woofer. For that said, some people still love the T2 like me.

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #1,181 of 1,206
I have the T1,T1E and T2. I was using the T1 for a while but too much treble made it annoying after a while.  The T1E was cool but I heard better bass in the Narmoo S1 which also has dual drivers. The T2 is doing an even better job after doing some tip rolling. The cable left me wanting because I would prefer a cable with a little more feel of durability.

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #1,182 of 1,206
So I bit the bullet as I got back to listening to my T2 for he last few days, and I still find the loves from it. I placed an order for the T2-e, so if anyone who like the T2 like me and hope for an upgraded version mainly in the bass region, that I will review it and share with you my expressions.

Dynamic driver in T2 is Titanium, and T2-e is Byrillium. Ooh, so excited to see the improvement in sub-bass energy and textures.

:D

Actually, I just found this graph....and it does look like T2e has even less bass ? What ? Lol and more highs ?
They actually want to compare with K3003 as well ?

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.1.Fndg0D&id=43043226248&areaId=520100&cat_id=2&rn=c2e948e3d950fe06e643e0a9a42d2faf&user_id=2095494607&is_b=1&sku_properties=1627207:28341

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,183 of 1,206
So I bit the bullet as I got back to listening to my T2 for he last few days, and I still find the loves from it. I placed an order for the T2-e, so if anyone who like the T2 like me and hope for an upgraded version mainly in the bass region, that I will review it and share with you my expressions.

Dynamic driver in T2 is Titanium, and T2-e is Byrillium. Ooh, so excited to see the improvement in sub-bass energy and textures.

biggrin.gif

Actually, I just found this graph....and it does look like T2e has even less bass ? What ? Lol and more highs ?
They actually want to compare with K3003 as well ?

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.1.Fndg0D&id=43043226248&areaId=520100&cat_id=2&rn=c2e948e3d950fe06e643e0a9a42d2faf&user_id=2095494607&is_b=1&sku_properties=1627207:28341

Compare with K3003? I think they might be aiming a bit high there. Same way VSonic said their VSD3S was aiming for the Westone 4R at 1/7 of the price. A goal certainly, but unrealistic in my opinion.

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #1,184 of 1,206
Compare with K3003? I think they might be aiming a bit high there. Same way VSonic said their VSD3S was aiming for the Westone 4R at 1/7 of the price. A goal certainly, but unrealistic in my opinion.

I agreed, and so far judging from the graph, I am kinda disappointed...lol. It is good though, that they have someone else to inspire and try to compare to.

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #1,185 of 1,206
I agreed, and so far judging from the graph, I am kinda disappointed...lol. It is good though, that they have someone else to inspire and try to compare to.

I'm okay with them aiming higher. Worse that could happen is something that it doesn't reach those heights, but would you realistically expect it to at the price? The only issue with actually telling people that is it can easily turn negative with people saying "it doesn't sound like that at all" even if the IEM does sound good by its own merits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back