TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Jul 2, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #1,996 of 2,099
I'm currently looking for a new iem to replace my xiaomi piston 2.1 and this iem caught my eye.I mostly listen to jpop/kpop/classical/opera but i also listen to pretty much every other genre so i was wondering if these would be for me.I i was also looking at various other $50 iems such as the im50,m6 pro,soundmagic e80,etc but im not sure i want to drop the extra $20(the ttpod is $30 on amazon right now) cause money is a little tight.

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #1,997 of 2,099
I'm currently looking for a new iem to replace my xiaomi piston 2.1 and this iem caught my eye.I mostly listen to jpop/kpop/classical/opera but i also listen to pretty much every other genre so i was wondering if these would be for me.I i was also looking at various other $50 iems such as the im50,m6 pro,soundmagic e80,etc but im not sure i want to drop the extra $20(the ttpod is $30 on amazon right now) cause money is a little tight.
IM50 sound good.Thick and beefy best describe them to me. Well made but I only get about 45 minutes of comfort. The T1E has been my go to for a while. For me, they hit the comfort/sound sweet spot. I recently got the M6 Pro which I like a lot but i really haven't spent enough time with them. The M6 Pro warranty is a beautiful thing.

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #1,998 of 2,099
Yeah the warranty plus the fact it comes with 2 cables(plus all the other goodies it comes with) make the m6 pro a heavy contender for me since i am rather rough on my iems. Mostly trying to decide between the m6 pro and the ttpod t1-e.

Jul 3, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #1,999 of 2,099

for those genres (most of which I listen to) I think the ttpod t1e would be a great choice, provided a lot of j pop and kpop have mostly synthetic instruments, the clear abeit a bit unnatural midrange of the t1e would complement them nicely

I haven't used the im50, only their step up model the im70, and I would say the im70 is an upgrade to the t1e (overall soundwise, better clarity, a meatier midrange, and a smoother more articulate treble)  but you would be paying more (for the cable (detachable and better made) for me anyway a better fit (the ttpod t1e with the short nozzle bothers me)

but the t1e has better isolation and its obviously much cheaper. so give the t1e a shot

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #2,002 of 2,099
Quote:
  Whats the different between t1e  and t1 ? 
i prefer balance sound , normally listen to punk rock , pop punk and some jrock . which do you all recommend ?  
Source Xduoo x1 

Most say the T1e is better than the T1 overall.

I have the T1e and the lower treble is too laid back and the treble overall is too rolled off for it to be ideal for rock, look elsewhere.

Jul 30, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #2,003 of 2,099
Can someone please help me on how to solder my TTPOD T1E with these 3.5mm jack replacement?. 

I find this 3.5mm jack replacement without hole or terminal for ground wire. Will it affect the sound of my T1E?. Would it be a big thing if i exclude the ground wire?. Can someone please guide me soldering this 3.4mm jack to my T1E please?. Thanks in advance. 

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #2,004 of 2,099
  Can someone please help me on how to solder my TTPOD T1E with these 3.5mm jack replacement?. 

I find this 3.5mm jack replacement without hole or terminal for ground wire. Will it affect the sound of my T1E?. Would it be a big thing if i exclude the ground wire?. Can someone please guide me soldering this 3.4mm jack to my T1E please?. Thanks in advance. 

The smallest pin is the L+ (Tip),the other pin is R+ (Ring) and the bigger ring end (usually clamp like) is for both R- & L- (Sleeve)....You have to joint the 2 ground wires of R and L channels, to make the common ground.

Hope you know how to identify the R+ and L+ cables from the T1E.

PS: pin=those 2 pins/conductors with hole.

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #2,005 of 2,099

The smallest pin is the L+ (Tip),the other pin is R+ (Ring) and the bigger ring end (usually clamp like) is for both R- & L- (Sleeve)....You have to joint the 2 ground wires of R and L channels, to make the common ground.

Hope you know how to identify the R+ and L+ cables from the T1E.

PS: pin=those 2 pins/conductors with hole.

Thank for the reply. I'll figure the R+ and L+ cables later. So I really don't have to solder the ground wires with the sleeve? I just have to joint those two from right and left channels and hola?. 

PS: Sorry. I'm just a newbie in fixing jacks. :frowning2:

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #2,006 of 2,099
Thank for the reply. I'll figure the R+ and L+ cables later. So I really don't have to solder the ground wires with the sleeve? I just have to joint those two from right and left channels and hola?. 

PS: Sorry. I'm just a newbie in fixing jacks. :frowning2:

Yes, solder the ground wires. Put a tiny drop of solder in the cupped section between the strain clamp and the longer tab. Carefully and quickly lay the ground in the liquid solder and then heat for another second. You have to do it quick or else you'll melt the wire's plastic jacket. It will stick better if you first put a little coating of solder on the wires. Hold the solder on the wire, touch the iron to both wire and the solder just quick enough to melt the solder. It can be tricky. A second or two too long and you'll melt the plastic and the wires will short out against each other. If you do melt the plastic, no big deal... snip it off, strip the wires and try again. Good luck!

Jul 31, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #2,007 of 2,099
Yes, solder the ground wires. Put a tiny drop of solder in the cupped section between the strain clamp and the longer tab. Carefully and quickly lay the ground in the liquid solder and then heat for another second. You have to do it quick or else you'll melt the wire's plastic jacket. It will stick better if you first put a little coating of solder on the wires. Hold the solder on the wire, touch the iron to both wire and the solder just quick enough to melt the solder. It can be tricky. A second or two too long and you'll melt the plastic and the wires will short out against each other. If you do melt the plastic, no big deal... snip it off, strip the wires and try again. Good luck!

I have to joint those two (L+ and R+ grounds) and yet I have to be careful not to melt it's plastic jacket?. 

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #2,010 of 2,099

Yes, that's right....but it's L- and R-, to make the common ground.

I find that the ground in T1E is in a separate cable (the white one). I just cut the plastic jacket and it's ready to solder. :) Thanks for the information.

See a how-to with pictures here:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12878

Thanks for the link sir. It helps me a lot. I appreciate the help you guys give to me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back