TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Mar 14, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #1,922 of 2,099
I've used the Yamaha EPH-100 for over a year now and it was the IEM that I loved the most. Even at one point, when I bought my HD600, I somehow preferred the EPH-100 over the HD600! Until the EPH-100 broke and I had to only use the HD600 and it re-educated me on what a natural and neutral sound should be like and ever since then I love it more and more each day.

Then one day I was trying out some IEM's in a shop, I came across the TTPOD T1 (not T1-E) and it impressed me the very second I played a song through it! I just loved how neutral and clear it is! Granted that the bass is not really exciting and the treble can be sibilant in some songs, I am very satisfied with the T1!

I use the T1 with the largest white tips on my Sansa Clip+ and it's absolutely blissful for me. The only improvement I could ask for is the improved quality and quantity of bass and smoothen the highs a little bit to remove sibilance and it would have been perfect! Don't get me wrong, the HD600 is still much better! But for the price you get for the T1, it truly is an absolute steal for a clear and neutral sounding IEM!

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #1,923 of 2,099
Hi,
I just got my TTPOD T1-E. The left bud is making less bass than the right one, and it's very noticeable.
The low frequency fall starts at around 80 mhz. Are there any ways to fix this?

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #1,924 of 2,099
  Hi,
I just got my TTPOD T1-E. The left bud is making less bass than the right one, and it's very noticeable.
The low frequency fall starts at around 80 mhz. Are there any ways to fix this?

You tested with a mono recording to make certain? Sent it back, RMA. 

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #1,925 of 2,099

You tested with a mono recording to make certain? Sent it back, RMA. 

I use sinegen to test each bud and the difference is obvious.

I bought it from Aliexpress, the cost to send it back would be almost the same as the item's price.

I tried to run 30 - 50 mhz frequency on the left bud using sinegen for a couple hours, it's better now, but still far from balanced

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #1,926 of 2,099
  I use sinegen to test each bud and the difference is obvious.

I bought it from Aliexpress, the cost to send it back would be almost the same as the item's price.

I tried to run 30 - 50 mhz frequency on the left bud using sinegen for a couple hours, it's better now, but still far from balanced

Well, ask for a full refund then, as the item is "not as described", if you really think so that its a faulty one......ask the seller to pay for the return shipping to them......go with the cheapest postal with tracking #.......

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #1,927 of 2,099
@Tom22

I just ordered these as my first basshead IEM and I'm the OP at Extreme Basshead in full sized headphones.
I use a Cayin C5 and FiiO x5

How are these at eq? I imagine I can raise the sub-bass with a simple eq lift at 31 and 62Hz
Any reason I won't be able to do that?  Only studio tuned stuff seems to resist sub-bass lifting but I have no experience with in ear....

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #1,928 of 2,099
@Tom22

I just ordered these as my first basshead IEM and I'm the OP at Extreme Basshead in full sized headphones.
I use a Cayin C5 and FiiO x5

How are these at eq? I imagine I can raise the sub-bass with a simple eq lift at 31 and 62Hz
Any reason I won't be able to do that?  Only studio tuned stuff seems to resist sub-bass lifting but I have no experience with in ear....

I wouldn't call T1E the basshead IEMs though.

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #1,929 of 2,099
I wouldn't call T1E the basshead IEMs though.

I don't own basshead stuff. I make them basshead via amping and EQ. I wanna listen to all genre' with the potential of going basshead. All about potential. I assume a sub-bass boost will do it but I was just throwing out the question.

Thanks for the response.

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #1,930 of 2,099
Not sure how they will compare to the likes of your JVC Basshead cans but they do respond well to EQing and a bit of amping.

A word of warning though, I too am in the same boat in that when the mood takes me I'll turn on a bass boost EQ and flip the bass boost switch on my E18. I did this with the T1E and left it on the burn overnight only to find the drivers started to rattle, possibly due to excessive excursion levels. Maybe it was certain tracks in one of my DnB albums that caused this.

So you can EQ and amp them but do be careful not to exceed limits as I dont think these are as solidly built as even my old pair of Senn CX500. I can turn up the bass on those and hear them distort but then I turn the bass back down and they return to normal whereas I think my T1Es suffered permanent damage lol!!

I take it you like IEMs and Cans that have a lot of headroom for adjusting bass?

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #1,931 of 2,099
  Not sure how they will compare to the likes of your JVC Basshead cans but they do respond well to EQing and a bit of amping.

A word of warning though, I too am in the same boat in that when the mood takes me I'll turn on a bass boost EQ and flip the bass boost switch on my E18. I did this with the T1E and left it on the burn overnight only to find the drivers started to rattle, possibly due to excessive excursion levels. Maybe it was certain tracks in one of my DnB albums that caused this.

So you can EQ and amp them but do be careful not to exceed limits as I dont think these are as solidly built as even my old pair of Senn CX500. I can turn up the bass on those and hear them distort but then I turn the bass back down and they return to normal whereas I think my T1Es suffered permanent damage lol!!

I take it you like IEMs and Cans that have a lot of headroom for adjusting bass?

Yes I do.
I went out and demoed about 50 of the top rated IEM's on Head-Fi today...not all but most and ended up buying the best sounding set. Bass, mids and highs in the right proportion and the ability to get more bassy If i want to and come on here and not a soul has reviewed or even owns them
blink.gif

This place trips me out. I'll be getting the T1E's later by mail. I'll check in with my thoughts after I get em'. Thanks for the reply
beerchug.gif

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #1,933 of 2,099
  Any UK sellers?

Amazon UK used to sell them.  I got mine from there and as I have prime membership, it was delivered on the next  day.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TTPOD-Fidelity-Definition-Professional-Transparent-Red/dp/B00T5GK7N0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

For some reason, the amazon now list them as TTPOD T1 which is not the same as T1-E.  However, the reviews given are for T1-E. Just shoot a mail to the seller and confirm that the model for sale is T1-E. Hope this helps..

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #1,935 of 2,099
After certain time one IEM started sounding really muted. There's audible sound coming through, but at extremely low volume compared to the other IEM. Should I ask for a replacement or there's something I can do about it? Anyone else experienced this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back