Trying to figure out best headSET solution for Xbox 360?
Jun 7, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #76 of 116

Quote:
OMG, we derailed the thread! Lol.

My girlfriend has an Ipod Classic (160gb) which I believe is a 6th generation. She NEVER uses it, and she said I can use it. Any LODs for it?

Still, I hate iTuens, and would rather have a player that doesn't need a program. Like the PSP. Mass Storage mode, where I can just drag my music onto the folder without a program.

How's something like the Sansa Fuze? They're relative cheap and well liked, though I don't know of an LOD for it.

Ive seen some lods for it on ebay but never used any myself for it. There great esp. with the micro add on cards you can buy. The built in flac support is also amazing, plus the eq on it is great, u can turn it all the way to +12 and sounds just as good with no distortion. I have had some glitch problems if you don't remove the usb properly, but that aside its a great little player.

Jun 7, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #77 of 116
Cool. I'll consider them, but I'll try her iPod at first and see if I can get by with that stupid program.

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #78 of 116
Fuze plus LOD would be fine, if iPods aren't your thing (I hated iPods too once upon a time until the prices became reasonable). I used to have a Clip+ but it fell off my strap and I lost it! Grr!

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #79 of 116
I used to listen to the AD700 and after a while I would find myself squinting at how sharp some of the highs were. Especially when playing games like MW2, the gunshots sound god awful in that game the ATHs didn't help it one bit. I found myself lowering the volume all the time.

Also, the due I wanted to buy the MS1000s from sold em to some other guy out of the ConUS. Damn :frowning2:... I was so excited to hear them...

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #80 of 116
It's easy to fix the harshness of the AD700 for things like that just by EQing out some treble on your Auzen's control panel.

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #82 of 116
If so, that's not a problem with the AD700 anymore, then.

Jun 7, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #83 of 116
No, but having to EQ them just to make them comfortable to listen to seemed like a turn off to me. Don't get me wrong, I still loved those babies.

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #84 of 116
I am not sure if the op already decided or bought a headset. BUT is see a lot of people hate the Sennheiser PC350. I totally disagree, I own ATH AD700, Sennheiser HD595 and with the proper burn in the PC350 rivals those two with the added crystal clear and durability mic.

My set up BenQ LED 24 - XBOX360 Modern Warfare 2 edition - Astro Mixamp - FiiO E5 - PC350.

FYI it took me about 200-300 hours of burn in. I do this to all my headphones before I judge them. For audiophile headsets sometimes review out of the box is not accurate. I love my PC350 now I barley use my AD700 and my 595.

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #86 of 116
Like I said all my cans were properly burned in and all of them sounds really good including my PC350. I must say this though if you are connecting the PC350,AD700 or the Sens 595 in the Astro Mixamp it needs a little more power. The Astro amp just doesn't have the power to power these cans. I have a Grado RA1 in my theater room and these cans were phenomenal. When I hook it up to my Astro Mixamp it just doesn't have the same oomph. What I did to remedy this issue was I added the FiiO E5 and it really brings the potential for these cans.

I know you might have issues with yours but like i said mine works and sounds great not to mention the clarity and the durability of the mic. I use the PC350 for xbox360 and everyone tells me that my voice sounds "crisp"

Jun 8, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #87 of 116
I played MW2  last night with my RE0s through the Mixamp. Insta-win. Again, small soundstage, but overall positioning was pretty accurate, and the RE0s neutral sound and clarity made them pretty freaking awesome for IEM gaming. I know I said this before, but the RE0s can EASILY differentiate front and rear sounds. Better than the DT880s in this regard.

Jun 9, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #88 of 116
Progress on my project is underway... I got Envy's headphones in the mail today, and the mixamp is forthcoming. 
dt880smile.png
 (by the way these phones are awesome! So different from my Shures... The bass is so different, I think I'm starting to fall deeper into a rabbit hole hobby that is going to pinch my wallet a bit too much LOL).

I think my biggest mistake was letting my girlfriend try them... She wants them now, haha.

OK so I could use some help with this next step... Would anyone recommend an mic for my to attach? In Fragtality's mod he used this mic (http://www.netdirectbargains.com/items/item.aspx?itemid=6694146) which looks nice. Should I go with that mic perhaps? Or maybe I should do more research on mics? I'd love to get one with great quality to impress my friends, haha. 

One thing I'm interested in though is an on/off control for the mic. You know, on the regular 360 headset you can turn the mic off when you're not talking, I really like this feature because I don't want to annoy people with the background noise of my AC or fan. Would it be possible to get a mic with this on it? Or can I turn the mic on/off from the mixamp in some way? 

Some help with figuring out a mic would be much appreciated! 

Jun 9, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #89 of 116
Happy you got them so fast. :)

Nothing was out of place right? I'm anal about stuff I ship being damaged. :frowning2:

I hope you add an amp after the mixamp if you plan to mod a mic. They sound fantastic with the mixamp, with game at 100%, but I believe the voice/chat knob had to be at 50% or leaning more towards the game side of the knob to make them sound strong and loud enough. That may make the voices too low...not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back