Trying to figure out best headSET solution for Xbox 360?
Jun 7, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #61 of 116
:O? Is this happening? have I stepped into an alternate universe? Pinch me! *Denial*
YOU TRAITOR! HOW COULD YOU ABANDON THE HEADPHONES THAT MADE YOU WHO YOU ARE! *Rage*
I suppose I could understand if you really needed the money. *Acceptance*

You! You are not my father! I'll never go to the dark side! Neverrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *echo echo echo*

Jun 7, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #62 of 116
Yeah, it happened. Notice the past tense.

I am somewhat regretting this, but I had to do it, as I didn't really have a need for them anymore. I'm so in love with the K701s. They're just PERFECT for my needs.

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #63 of 116

Well I haven;'t tried them out for gaming yet, but I really believe they will do well. But I don't intend to get one either. I'm happy with my Golds. I *might* try borrowing my friend's, maybe we can trade our stuff for a while.
Quote:

edit: freaking post disappeared....

Those Westones are EXPEEENSIVE. O__O

But yeah, no more IEMs for me. PX200-II seems to fit my needs. Volume control is also a huge plus.

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #65 of 116
Wow, I really want an MS1000....

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #66 of 116
I'm seriously considering getting the ES7s from Beachcamera. They're refurbs, but Beachcamera is an authorized dealer, and they state it is factory sealed... for $56! Think it's a good idea?

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #69 of 116
The ES7 is a fantastic bargain at $56. That said, I don't think the ES7 will be to your liking. But you never know.

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #70 of 116
Why do you say that? Because of comfort? I'm pretty much ready to do the metal bending mod as soon as I get them. Or is it the sound quality? I like a variety of sound signatures ranging from bassy as hell, to neutral and crisp.

Bought the ES7, and will get the E7 soon. My first true amp/dac!

Now guys, I don't have a proper mp3 player (I use my samsung eternity phone), no LOD, no nothing. What do you guys recommend I do? Is there an LOD for phones? Or do I have to get specific ones for specific devices? LOD is basically just bypassing any internal amping and whatnot right?

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #71 of 116
That's about right. LOD is just that, I don't know of any LODs for phones. For the best SQ out of a DAP you want an LOD to the amp. But you can attach your E7 to your laptop or computer same as your Mixamp to good effect. :)

As for ES7 I just get the feeling it won't be to your liking. Generally the ES7 is a bright-sounding headphone, brighter than the AD700 actually IIRC. It's still quite a pleasant sound and has ample low end, unlike the AD700. Hmm well who knows maybe you will like it. :)

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #72 of 116

Quote:
That's about right. LOD is just that, I don't know of any LODs for phones. For the best SQ out of a DAP you want an LOD to the amp. But you can attach your E7 to your laptop or computer same as your Mixamp to good effect. :)

As for ES7 I just get the feeling it won't be to your liking. Generally the ES7 is a bright-sounding headphone, brighter than the AD700 actually IIRC. It's still quite a pleasant sound and has ample low end, unlike the AD700. Hmm well who knows maybe you will like it. :)

What do you reccomend as an affordable DAP and LOD to mate with the E7?

Oh I see. It's because I said I don't like particularly care for the AD700 for music. That's true, but not completely. The main reason i don't care too much for them is their distinct lack of low end. More of an issue with just that. I don't mind their brightness, I just wish they had bass. That's pretty much the reason I got the RE0s. I heard they were like smaller AD700s with slightly more bass and neutrality. Now that I have the Mios, I feel that the RE0s are more like them. if the ES7s have bass to back up their sound, I'm good to go. they don't need to be basshead phones. It just has to be present and defined.

Jun 7, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #73 of 116
Me? Not an authority on DAPs and LODs, the only DAP and LOD I have is an iPod Nano 2G with a few simple LODs.

Don't put too much stock in what LOD to use, that's the same as cable voodoo and cable voodoo is even less effective than changes in amps. 

To start you off just get an 5G Nano and a $10 LOD. That'll be more than enough for music listening. I can also guarantee you the Nano will be better than any celphone for music. Much as I love my Samsung I780, I keep music playing to my iPods.

The ES7s have low end to go with their brightness, so this just might be a best buy for you. If nothing else, they're going to be head turners, the Ear Suit series has always been exceptionally beautiful.

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #74 of 116

Quote:
The ES7s have low end to go with their brightness, so this just might be a best buy for you. If nothing else, they're going to be head turners, the Ear Suit series has always been exceptionally beautiful.

Ohhhhh yeah, they are pretty 'phones. And yeah, don't stress too much about the LOD :)

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #75 of 116
OMG, we derailed the thread! Lol.

My girlfriend has an Ipod Classic (160gb) which I believe is a 6th generation. She NEVER uses it, and she said I can use it. Any LODs for it?

Still, I hate iTunes, and would rather have a player that doesn't need a program. Like the PSP. Mass Storage mode, where I can just drag my music onto the folder without a program.

How's something like the Sansa Fuze? They're relative cheap and well liked, though I don't know of an LOD for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back