Trying to figure out best headSET solution for Xbox 360?
Jun 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #91 of 116
No, lol. The 770 pro 80s. I found them lacking with voice chat enbaled, but I like my sound a little loud. Pretty much the same problem the K701s have.

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #92 of 116
So we have another 770/80 user! Let us unite! Oh wait that's right... MLE sold his for some PORTABLE CANS OOOOOO LOOK AT ME ON THE GO. lol <3

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #97 of 116

Quote:
Use Sennheiser Orpheus and then a Shure mic with a mic stand.

hahaha

Quote:
So we have another 770/80 user! Let us unite! Oh wait that's right... MLE sold his for some PORTABLE CANS OOOOOO LOOK AT ME ON THE GO. lol <3

Someone's gonna start a fan club :p

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #98 of 116
stick with what works... i dont know if it's impedance differences or what, but some mics dont work very well on the xbox (like the zalman) though they work fine with pc... if the labtec performs well, just get that.

as for mute, get this and attach that to your controller so long as you dont use a chat pad.

Quote:
OK so I could use some help with this next step... Would anyone recommend an mic for my to attach? In Fragtality's mod he used this mic (http://www.netdirectbargains.com/items/item.aspx?itemid=6694146) which looks nice. Should I go with that mic perhaps? Or maybe I should do more research on mics? I'd love to get one with great quality to impress my friends, haha. 

One thing I'm interested in though is an on/off control for the mic. You know, on the regular 360 headset you can turn the mic off when you're not talking, I really like this feature because I don't want to annoy people with the background noise of my AC or fan. Would it be possible to get a mic with this on it? Or can I turn the mic on/off from the mixamp in some way? 

Some help with figuring out a mic would be much appreciated! 

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #99 of 116
Why attach a mic? Most mics have stands, just put it in front of you.

And I know the thing about GF's. My Turbines are no longer with me, they are now with her.

Quote:
Progress on my project is underway... I got Envy's headphones in the mail today, and the mixamp is forthcoming. 
dt880smile.png
 (by the way these phones are awesome! So different from my Shures... The bass is so different, I think I'm starting to fall deeper into a rabbit hole hobby that is going to pinch my wallet a bit too much LOL).

I think my biggest mistake was letting my girlfriend try them... She wants them now, haha.

OK so I could use some help with this next step... Would anyone recommend an mic for my to attach? In Fragtality's mod he used this mic (http://www.netdirectbargains.com/items/item.aspx?itemid=6694146) which looks nice. Should I go with that mic perhaps? Or maybe I should do more research on mics? I'd love to get one with great quality to impress my friends, haha. 

One thing I'm interested in though is an on/off control for the mic. You know, on the regular 360 headset you can turn the mic off when you're not talking, I really like this feature because I don't want to annoy people with the background noise of my AC or fan. Would it be possible to get a mic with this on it? Or can I turn the mic on/off from the mixamp in some way? 

Some help with figuring out a mic would be much appreciated! 

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #101 of 116

Quote:
stick with what works... i dont know if it's impedance differences or what, but some mics dont work very well on the xbox (like the zalman) though they work fine with pc... if the labtec performs well, just get that.

as for mute, get this and attach that to your controller so long as you dont use a chat pad.

Whoa! Cool link. I've never seen that before, but it's so practical. Can you google other things for me too? I find it rather difficult.

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #102 of 116

Quote:

Whoa! Cool link. I've never seen that before, but it's so practical. Can you google other things for me too? I find it rather difficult.

Xformulax was being a smarty pants. In any case, I lol'd.

I need a mic solution, but after the travesty that is the Zalman, I have my doubts.

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #105 of 116

Quote:
Stock Apple ipod buds are the best gaming headphones!  BAR NONE!

PICS OF A MODDED IPOD BUD WITH SWZ GAMING CABLE OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back