Trying to figure out best headSET solution for Xbox 360?
Jun 7, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #46 of 116
I'm contemplating selling my DT770 Pro 80s to get an E7 for the K701, and the PX200-II for on the go. As much as I love the DT770 Pro 80s for gaming and music, the K701 just totally blindsided me with all that clarity and soundstage, and I keep wanting to put them on over the 770s. That, and I almost never EVER listen to music at home, and I'd never wear the DT770s away from home. When I watch movies/TV, I use my soundbar and powered sub, so the DT770s won't get much use asides from gaming when my girl is sleeping so I won't disturb her. I'd rather just use the PX200-II for on the go AND late night gaming sessions (even if they're probably not good for gaming...)

I'm tired of my RE0s (love them but tired of IEMs in general).

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #48 of 116
Go for it! The journey is part of the fun in our hobby!
L3000.gif

The PX200-II is a set I've been very curious about, was actually planning to get one but opted for the MS300 instead. PX200-II has all the strengths that I look for in a portable, and if it's improved itself to sound better than the PX100 *with* isolation, single sided cable, etc. then it should be a winner.

Quote:
I'm contemplating selling my DT770 Pro 80s to get an E7 for the K701, and the PX200-II for on the go. As much as I love the DT770 Pro 80s for gaming and music, the K701 just totally blindsided me with all that clarity and soundstage, and I keep wanting to put them on over the 770s. That, and I almost never EVER listen to music at home, and I'd never wear the DT770s away from home. When I watch movies/TV, I use my soundbar and powered sub, so the DT770s won't get much use asides from gaming when my girl is sleeping so I won't disturb her. I'd rather just use the PX200-II for on the go AND late night gaming sessions (even if they're probably not good for gaming...)

I'm tired of my RE0s (love them but tired of IEMs in general).

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #50 of 116
I actually find the RE0s to be quite decent for gaming, asides from the total lack of soundstage. I can still clearly hear if people are in front or behind me, and they're very clear. Perhaps I should use them for late night if I get rid of my DT770s...

I need the moolah!

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #52 of 116
Cool. Let's talk by PM. I'm most certainly willing to part with them now. A couple of days ago, I'd say no chance in hell, lol.

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #54 of 116
I KNOW! :frowning2:

I'd miss the heck out of them though...

It's just... I desperately want an E7, and either the PX200-II or ES7, though I wouldn't buy either of them used, as they're both faked quite a bit... Probably start with just the E7 for now...

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #56 of 116

Quote:
I actually find the RE0s to be quite decent for gaming, asides from the total lack of soundstage. I can still clearly hear if people are in front or behind me, and they're very clear. Perhaps I should use them for late night if I get rid of my DT770s...

I need the moolah!

You know what I think is probably a killer IEM for gaming? The Westone UM3X. This set has instrument separation second to none among universals and even among full headphones I've tried. I dunno how they compare to JH13s but for universal IEM nothing comes close to their separation.

It's funny how you've grown tired of IEMs... we really are similar in taste and even in our gear progression. I used to have like 5 IEMs, I've sold all of them off save 1 (and I want to sell that one off too) and will only be keeping one set, the Golds which are arriving in a couple of days. I sold them off because I got tired of sticking things in my ear. That said I still intend to keep one because IEMs are useful in many situations and its amazing how much sound you can get in such a small package.

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #57 of 116
Well, it's not a done deal yet. I'm still reconsidering it. Logically speaking, I'd be taking a serious hit, as I just bought them less than two months ago. But then, I'd never really use them anymore either...

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #59 of 116
You will no doubt get hit by severe buyer's remorse, of that I have no doubt, but we have to progress and move forward, else You Can (Not) Advance.

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #60 of 116

Quote:
You know what I think is probably a killer IEM for gaming? The Westone UM3X. This set has instrument separation second to none among universals and even among full headphones I've tried. I dunno how they compare to JH13s but for universal IEM nothing comes close to their separation.

It's funny how you've grown tired of IEMs... we really are similar in taste and even in our gear progression. I used to have like 5 IEMs, I've sold all of them off save 1 (and I want to sell that one off too) and will only be keeping one set, the Golds which are arriving in a couple of days. I sold them off because I got tired of sticking things in my ear. That said I still intend to keep one because IEMs are useful in many situations and its amazing how much sound you can get in such a small package.

edit: freaking post disappeared....

Those Westones are EXPEEENSIVE. O__O

But yeah, no more IEMs for me. PX200-II seems to fit my needs. Volume control is also a huge plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back