Trying to decided between...
Dec 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ovoxtopszn

New Head-Fier
im having a hard time deciding between the psb m4u 1's and akg 545/k551/k845

my budget is around $300 so i was wondering if the psb's are better than all three akg's i listed or if any of the akg's are better than the psb's

would you mind giving your reasoning too?

some qualities id prefer are good sound and decent bass

thanks!

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 5
K545 is best out of the three AKGs, however the PSB produces the best sound above all, also it has a stronger bass presentation which it sounds like you're looking for... but it also looks pretty stupid when worn. Good luck. 

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 5
K545 is best out of the three AKGs, however the PSB produces the best sound above all, also it has a stronger bass presentation which it sounds like you're looking for... but it also looks pretty stupid when worn. Good luck. 
im surprised you say that the 545's are the best ones, on their website the 545's happen to be the cheapest out of the three, to me it seemed like the k845 were the best ones

and what about the psb's looks stupid when worn? in my opinion i think that that akg's look weirder because of that bend that the headband has near the earmuffs

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 5
The problem with the PSBs is that they stick out A LOT.
The AKGs have a closer profile to your head.

Also since the PSB is a portable closed-back, I'm guessing you're using it primarily for outdoors/fashion. The K545 is the smallest, most portable, and sounds really similar to the K551 - which is sonically the best AKG, but it's HUGE.
If sound quality is the top priority, the PSB just about beats the K551 overall, but if you don't mind the super-wide cans on the K551, that's a close 2nd. 

So, I was thinking of the whole package, not just SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back