Trying to decide Between apples and oranges....
Mar 30, 2013 at 6:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sylaw

500+ Head-Fier
hey guys... i know headphones and IEM's are two different kind of setups when its up to critical listening... I have a pair of westone 4's and i thought of upgrading it to a full size headphone recently... so initially i decided to pick 3 out em... Sennheiser HD600 , HD598 , HD600......  but i was wondering how do they stacks against my Westone 4?  since im a detail freak i love to discover alots of micro details in a song.. I do love a really good reponce but that's not my world... I love a good flat bass response .. and im kind of a midish guy yet not considered a mid forward headphone in any means..... i love abit of good sparkly treble response insted of a saturated fatiguing treble quantity...  and sound stage is really not my consideration... prefer a decent amount of a head stage here... and i love a good separation between instruments... So after saying u guys all of this...

So guys dont be mean here... and for the second time i know this is a unfair comparison... but considering that im getting good price for the 600 (170$)  /650 (200$) i really need to grab it if its really worth more than my Westone 4's... do u guys think that the westone 4 is still better than HD600/650/598 when it comes to details ??

sorry for my bad English since my first language is not English...  Appreciate a good response from a fellow headfi-er

Mar 31, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 5
????? any thoughts here?

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I would say it comes down to preference. If you don't have a pair of over ears and a ton of IEMs though, it wouldn't hurt to make the switch.

yeah.. but im kinda half  broke these days.... yet need to  compare them before buying em... i believe u get my situation.. only this i need to know is who is the detail monster here.... Simple as that

( i had a 650 year or so back , sad that i dont have much of a past audio memory though..... despite i clearly remember the airiness of its presentation )

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 5
hmmh....... i'd rather not rely upon this thread anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back