Truthear Impressions/Discussion
Apr 5, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #106 of 215
Definitely! Mine is like 200-300 hrs of burn in now. The bass becomes more prominent and punchy. I recall it was rather thin upon unboxing.
This is good to hear. I got mine yesterday and was pretty let down. Annoyingly thin and bright. I listened for a couple hours before making a change. I had put on the wide bore silicone tips, as that is my usual for IEMs, and swapped them for some SpinFits. I also plugged it into a thumb-drive DAC. The change was far from subtle. Maybe I wasn't getting as good a seal as I thought with the Truthear tips, but I instantly heard a different set of IEMs. Looking forward to the next few weeks now :thumbsup:

Apr 5, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #107 of 215
This is good to hear. I got mine yesterday and was pretty let down. Annoyingly thin and bright. I listened for a couple hours before making a change. I had put on the wide bore silicone tips, as that is my usual for IEMs, and swapped them for some SpinFits. I also plugged it into a thumb-drive DAC. The change was far from subtle. Maybe I wasn't getting as good a seal as I thought with the Truthear tips, but I instantly heard a different set of IEMs. Looking forward to the next few weeks now :thumbsup:

I’ve got probably 75ish hours on mine and they are OK. I still don’t like them as much as I was hoping for. I’ve tried tons of tips and even tried them with a balanced cable on my Qudelix 5K, so I’ve given them a fair shot.

I still like my ER4SR with a little bass boost more, and I like my Timeless AE with a little bass cut more. Those do both cost a lot more though. The ER4SR is at $299 right now, and the Timeless AE is at $259.

They are good for $80 though. They’re just not a giant killer… unless the Moondrop Blessing twins aren’t really that much better. They do measure somewhat closely. I’ve never tried the Blessing twins, but if they are only 5-10% better then maybe they are giant competitors. If so, they probably wouldn’t be for me either.

Apr 5, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #109 of 215
Anyone know where I can buy an in-stock HEXA right now?
Probably only in the used market. Otherwise you’re waiting for them to come from china.

Apr 5, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #110 of 215
I'm having a quality issue with my new HEXA. The right channel has a small crackle/scratchiness to it. I can't even listen to a podcast it's so apparent. I ordered from the TruthEar official store on AliExpress. It's after the 15 day window and I messaged them about this. I sure hope they make this right.

Apr 5, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #112 of 215
Shenzenaudio’s Amazon USA font store “fanmusic” is out of stock, and I saw Truthear Official is out of stock too due to the AE anniversary sale that TE discounted HEXA to $60 and got millions of orders. They are behind the product schedule it seems. My best bet will be thru Truthear’s AE official store.

Apr 6, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #113 of 215
Shenzenaudio’s Amazon USA font store “fanmusic” is out of stock, and I saw Truthear Official is out of stock too due to the AE anniversary sale that TE discounted HEXA to $60 and got millions of orders. They are behind the product schedule it seems. My best bet will be thru Truthear’s AE official store.

AE store is unfortunately behind schedule as well, i ordered 22nd March and it has yet be shipped ( i ordered along with the Shio ). They are siting production delays as reason now , reckon they were swamped with orders during the sale.

Apr 6, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #114 of 215
pQxCvMc.jpg

Picked up the Truthear HOLA this past week and have been enjoying my time with them. I have mainly paired them with the FiiO E10K and the Apple Dongle. Sound quality is solid for a $19 IEM. It reminds me a lot of the Moondrop Aria, just cheaper feeling. Cable leaves a lot to be desired, but hard to complain at this price.

Apr 7, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #115 of 215
I should have bought them like 10 days ago when I had a chance.. Got the HOLA instead and they're amazing. I'm using them right now. If they're this good though the Hexa has to be better. Amazing value IEMs from this brand right now.

Apr 12, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #116 of 215
It's been over a week of almost daily listening and a few overnights of pink noise. I'm in love. The detail is astounding. Imaging & separation are fantastic. (I think I'm using those terms right :smile:) I typically prefer, what they call here, a "fun" sound signature but every single review I read called the HEXA "neutral". In my head neutral = dull. Maybe I've just never heard a good sounding neutral headphone before? IDK but I have been having a blast with these. The sub-bass has a thump that I can feel on the tracks that call for it. I was so pleasantly surprised by that. Been listening to a variety of music too: Taylor Swift, Justice, Massive Attack, Cursive, ABBA, Toto, Drug Church, The Hold Steady, everything sounds great. To top it off they are extremely light and fit into my ear perfectly. I know everything I said here is subjective, but I bet there a lot of folks who will really enjoy these. I know I am so much that I'm thinking about what albums I'm going to listen to each day before I get out of bed in the morning.

TLDR: I think these 'phones are incredible in every way.

Apr 12, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #117 of 215
AE store is unfortunately behind schedule as well, i ordered 22nd March and it has yet be shipped ( i ordered along with the Shio ). They are siting production delays as reason now , reckon they were swamped with orders during the sale.
I ordered the Hexa at the beginning of March from their AE shop and they still haven't shipped out. The Shio I ordered at the same time also took over 5 weeks to ship.

They only put up the presale sign on the AE listing as I was kicking up quite a fuss that they were still advertising these as available over a month after they had run out of stock just to take advantage of higher prices pre sale & then the potential volumes from the Anniversary sale.

Pretty poor behaviour & customer service.

Apr 12, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #118 of 215
I ordered the Hexa at the beginning of March from their AE shop and they still haven't shipped out. The Shio I ordered at the same time also took over 5 weeks to ship.

They only put up the presale sign on the AE listing as I was kicking up quite a fuss that they were still advertising these as available over a month after they had run out of stock just to take advantage of higher prices pre sale & then the potential volumes from the Anniversary sale.

Pretty poor behaviour & customer service.

Sounds to me as if the Hexa is a lot more popular than they expected. I bought mine within the first couple weeks of release and they took an additional three before shipping. It appears Truthear is building them as fast as they can.

Apr 12, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #119 of 215
Sounds to me as if the Hexa is a lot more popular than they expected. I bought mine within the first couple weeks of release and they took an additional three before shipping. It seems as if Truthear is building them as fast as they can.
Or they have limited production quantities or a limited production capacity window - other ways to also read it.

Regardless it is poor supply side management for a brand who has genuine experience and bigger pocket ties within the IEM world to run out of products or have shipping delays continuously from launch.

Really, (even Truthears acknowledge) they should market the items with a notice for lengthy delays - I bought a product which was supposed to be off the shelf - I didn't sign up to participate in a group buy or Kickstarter. It's a little poor behaviour is all - even the smaller operators stipulate approximate lead in times which is fine when I am picking up something like a Neon Pro or TGXears but nearly 2 months being the estimate to ship a Hexa is a little ridiculous.

Apr 15, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #120 of 215
I tried the firmware update on SHIO. That process is not easy though. At first I thought SHIO was bricked as there was no sound output. Then I tried all 3 folders again and realized the Sync_System_Mode folder has to be the final step. Since then I get loud sound output and the switches on SHIO allow to increase/decrease the volume. TBH I don't know what BLUE_LED_DRIVER is for. Mostly the LED is green or red depending on what gain I use.

Edit: Well, I guess the Internal Volume Mode is something like Cayin RU6, but it's useless without a display. Still no idea about the blue led thing. The only time I see a blue LED for a short time is when I plug in the USB cable.

@AmericanSpirit How is your SHIO doing? Is the volume spike problem gone?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back