Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Sep 30, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #496 of 1,725
Sep 30, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #497 of 1,725
Tried the filter mod as I previously did on the ISN H40 and yet again it's had great results.

Still has the nice bass, tonality etc but now with a little added clarity and openness particularly in the mids and upper treble region. I experimented further just to see what else I could do to improve the sound. I ended up settling on Spinfits tips and swapping the stock cable out to my Eletech Socrates. This increased the overall body, weight of the notes but kept the added clarity too. Really, very nice sound and a noticeable improvement. The Mele is definitely worth tip rolling, cable rolling etc if you have a bit of time and the gear to hand.

Sep 30, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #498 of 1,725
Tried the filter mod as I previously did on the ISN H40 and yet again it's had great results.

Still has the nice bass, tonality etc but now with a little added clarity and openness particularly in the mids and upper treble region. I experimented further just to see what else I could do to improve the sound. I ended up settling on Spinfits tips and swapping the stock cable out to my Eletech Socrates. This increased the overall body, weight of the notes but kept the added clarity too. Really, very nice sound and a noticeable improvement. The Mele is definitely worth tip rolling, cable rolling etc if you have a bit of time and the gear to hand.

Nice. Would you have a link?

Sep 30, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #499 of 1,725

Yeah I'm keen to see how you did it!
I tip rolled (wide shallow bore) and cable rolled (SPC) to get more clarity and treble. Would love to squeeze more out though - maybe it can be like Aria but with better sub bass 😎

Sep 30, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #503 of 1,725
I think it’s already been highlighted in the thread but basically all you need a needle and good light. It literally takes two mins to do. I haven’t put any filter back in because for me it sounded perfect without it.
So without the filter, you don't get issues with dust and ear wax getting into the IEM?

Oct 1, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #504 of 1,725
*as also shared on my rankings and on hifiguides*
tempImagetytwLE.jpg

My impression on these is quite good! They have a lovely low end prominence that make you feel like you are always having a full rich sound around you. It’s as if the YouTuber behind the tuning choices, Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews (BGGAR), tuned these for his library and tastes!

I can imagine a library with live music recordings, maybe lots of 70’s era music, and music coming and going around that era. The Mele seems to give a thick room or space filling soundscape from its low end.

These are something to have in addition to brighter gear. These are fun and super chill to listen to for an especially affordable price. You will have to spend hundreds to get a similar tuning from gear on this ranking list - at time of writing, October 1, 2021.

I currently see these as a B for my own enjoyment. When I tried alternating these against other higher ranked gear in my ears, I found that the Mele’s relatively lower brightness had me missing the “clarity” I am biased for in gear like the Aria. And with the more expensive gear having fancier driver technologies to produce more enjoyable technicals, these Mele find themselves at a solid B - which is great for the price!

I would easily recommend these for anyone looking for a warm sound under a couple hundred dollars. This is the best value for the price within its warmer tuned category of IEM’s.

Oh, and not that cables are a big deal, but this set legitimately came with my favorite stock cable I’ve ever had from any IEM. This includes the most expensive I’ve tried. That doesn’t mean I’m saying the cable sounds better (I don’t know about that topic well enough to have a strong opinion). What I mean is that the cable feels the best in my hands. Winding it up to fit in a case is easy. The texture of the sheathing, with the overall malleability of the cable, gives the cable an easy to manage feel when handling it in any way. Soft and thin too. Durable feeling enough as well. No kinking or weird bends. That’s not even the additional Jelly cable or whatever that I also ordered with the item. Haven’t even tried that one yet, I like the stock one so much.

More impressions to come on my channel soon!

Oct 2, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #505 of 1,725
So without the filter, you don't get issues with dust and ear wax getting into the IEM?
I used a simple metallic filter, no alterations in sound and simple earwax guard, take note the drivers don't face directly the nozzle, you can't see them when shining a light inside, there is some kind of acoustic chamber going on and the nozzle is super wide, so I wouldn't worry too much about earwax getting trapped in, or damaging the driver

edit: format

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #506 of 1,725
I used a simple metallic filter, no alterations in sound and simple earwax guard, take note the drivers don't face directly the nozzle, you can't see them when shining a light inside, there is some kind of acoustic chamber going on and the nozzle is super wide, so I wouldn't worry too much about earwax getting trapped in, or damaging the driver

edit: format
Thanks! You said no alterations to the sound - so you personally don't hear the improved treble and clarity?

Oct 4, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #509 of 1,725
@Akros made a review of the Pula HT200 here. Doesn't sound like competition to the Mele.
True It's no competition for the Mele, although I'll say that after playing with it a little I substantially improved the sound of the HT200.
This is a true pity as I guess the tuning was not something they spent time in wanting to get right and it reflects itself on relatively poor sales .

Oct 7, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #510 of 1,725
Just wondering, I’ve had my mele for about a month now, WFH and listen to music about 40hrs a week, after the 4th week around 160hrs use the left iem has now reduced volume, almost half. Tried different cables, tried swapping sides of the cable. Same result. Made sure that side was clean and clear, used a mini brush on the filter, no dice. Wondering if anyone else is suffering from this same problem? I’ve never had an iem fail like this before, even my YBF has been more reliable. Contacted Lindsoul, waiting for a response.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back