Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Sep 6, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #346 of 1,725
This thread blew up in matter of days! It's nice to see so much constructive feedback from everyone in the community. Helps others in making an informed decision. I personally now feel I can drop it from my buy list as I'm bored of the same budget Harman-ish sound that sounds wow in the first week, great in the second and let's dump it somewhere by the fourth week.

Sep 6, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #347 of 1,725
It graphs real close to Clair. A buddy says the tunning is very alike. Technically, I think the drivers have limitations, but personally, it's my rec @ 50usd bracket due to the tuning.
So It's basically BLON 2.0 in a way.
Also can someone show me a video where he is tuning? Everyone says he did a great job tuning it.

Most of the tuning is based from the shell and drivers selection. Is the shell vented, what material is it made from, Is there tuning filters added to tubes or vents. I was big into modding so very interested.

Sep 6, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #348 of 1,725
Also can someone show me a video where he is tuning? Everyone says he did a great job tuning it.

Most of the tuning is based from the shell and drivers selection. Is the shell vented, what material is it made from, Is there tuning filters added to tubes or vents. I was big into modding so very interested.

Shell is vented front and back and it looks it is made of aluminum or light metal alloy, something like that. There is a fine mesh a top the nozzles which I imagine has some dampening effect but there doesn't seem to be anything behind it. I'd be surprised if there was any tubing in these but without opening them it's hard to say for sure.

Sep 6, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #349 of 1,725

Exactly. But way better. BLON BL-03 costs $30. Then add in a cable that won't pull them out of your ears - $10-15. And tips that seal correctly - $5-10. And a case - $3-5. So you're looking at $48 to $60 to be able to actually use them, but you still have to put up with the odd fitment and mid-bass bleed. The MELE fixes ALL of those things and costs $50 for a complete package. They should completely replace the BL-03 in everyone's bargain recommendation list.

Sep 6, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #351 of 1,725
I actually think the ultimate comparison for me is the Tin T2 Plus. Anyone with both want to give it a go?
There are so many sub $50 gems now.

Sep 6, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #352 of 1,725
Toto - Africa

How interesting.. the instruments are recorded well but the vocals are not or are a product of too much post-processing. So the Mele re-plays the vocals with 100% accuracy. Nitpicking, I would say the Mele is lacking the sparkle of the chimes(?) that happens a few times such as at (1:13). Otherwise, the Mele is lacking the texture of the instruments so I would say it re-plays the song at at most 80% accuracy.

However, keep in mind this is just my opinion but I actually prefer the Mele for this song as having the instruments sound much higher quality than the vocals is jarring to me. The Mele removing textures of the instruments to better match the vocals is preferred to my ears.

Alffy Rev - WONDERLAND INDONESIA

Well recorded song. The Mele lacks significant texture in the vocals and instruments. Instruments blur together in the mids and treble at (3:16) making it sound "muddy". Aside from lacking texture, the bass-heavy part at (7:40) is played fine.

I would say the Mele re-plays this song at at most 70% accuracy.
THANK YOU VERY VERY SO MUCH... :)

Sep 7, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #353 of 1,725
My Mele arrived today. No listening impressions yet, just a measurement.

Mele squig: https://squig.link/?share=Super_Review_Target,Tripowin_Mele

graph - 2021-09-07T133504.005.png

vs. my Blon BL03 measurement:

graph - 2021-09-07T133657.231.png

Sep 7, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #354 of 1,725
Sep 7, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #357 of 1,725
I got the Mele. No comparisons yet but from a big 3w amp, I hear excellent bass, more mid bass than I would choose and good mids. Lower energy treble that is actually there..

The fit and finish is some of the best I've seen and by that I mean the form factor being metal, light af, and nice looks.. I LOVE the format. Killed it here

I can say this is probably a big volume set. They do hit their stride with like 90db+ going on. My favorite :D

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #358 of 1,725
I got the Mele. No comparisons yet but from a big 3w amp, I hear excellent bass, more mid bass than I would choose and good mids. Lower energy treble that is actually there..

The fit and finish is some of the best I've seen and by that I mean the form factor being metal, light af, and nice looks.. I LOVE the format. Killed it here

I can say this is probably a big volume set. They do hit their stride with like 90db+ going on. My favorite :D
Still waiting mine, does it share some FR resemblance to DD version of RSV? Just the FR wise, not timbral accuracy/technicalities that I’m expecting from M***.

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #359 of 1,725
C48C2558-ABDE-4E8B-9713-5C5828DF1FED.jpeg

Very comfy those Mele! Sound is more than ok, with good details retrieval, neutral midrange and treble under control. I was expecting a bit more bite and weight in the lows, though. I like them quite much so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back