Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Aug 26, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #17 of 1,725
I hope the upper mids/lower treble around 4k really sound good on the Mele. I think that's part of the BL03's secret recipe. Will be trying these out with the Final Type-E tips fer sure. I know none of these entry-level single DD IEMs could be called giant killers, but this is such a cool segment of the hobby. Best price/performance ratio out of any class of headphones.

It does and imo, better than stock Blon, and I'm a mid centric/female vocals guy. Can’t compete with Mangird Teas mids, as I concludr very fast late night yesterday, so i'd say it might capped before that bracket. Wish I could have more experience / sets to give you guys better comparitions before anyone buys anything, but guess we gotta wait for more people! I can do a short 1v1 vs Teas, but it's probably all there is left. No point comparing to my GK10 imo

Aug 26, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #18 of 1,725
Nice review! Love to know how the Mele stacks with the almighty Aria which I'm sure will get covered soon.

The Mele is arguably the best tuned IEM under $50 bucks right now. Not much comes close except the MH755 (Which are commonly faked and has horrible build quality.) and the Tin T2+ if you favor a neutral presentation.

Not expecting much in the technical department given the Mele's price but it would be amazing if the Mele had around the same technical performance as the Aria which might be the case given that the Mele is better than the FH3 in just about every way and that set is decently technical.

Slew of budget-fi be damned, the Mele sets a bar that is very difficult to top or match IMO. Companies like KZ, TRN and ironically BLON will need to step their game if they want to compete in the sub $50 price bracket.

BLON had the oppoty to make a set that is similar to the Mele but decided to release a number of underwhelming follow-ups to the legendary BLON-03 that are outclassed by a lot of other budget sets (Namely the Aria.)

Can't wait to get my pair soon!

I have mh755, Mele is clearly superior, but also costs some times more.

Aug 26, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #19 of 1,725
I can do Mele vs Aria /HeartMirror/Starfield /KXXS as apple to apple single dynamic compariaon, and maybe add GK10 / KBEAR Robin / KZ ZAS as cross-genre match.

Thanks! Looking forward to your impressions, as you know what you are talking about and I don't. Do you have oxygen by any chance?

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #20 of 1,725
If that's true, the Mele will be the undisputed sub $50 champ that doesn't come with any caveats like garbage stock cable or poor fit (Like the 03s.)

Cable is alright, no need to change. I didnt use it tho. It's thin, but seems like a Diamond when compared to Blon's cable lol.

Forgot to mention the confort and fit, so here we go. Fit is a bit shallow, so bigger tip sizes recommended. Imo it sits between the the tow like in the photo, slightly worse than fh3 but uncomparable to blon's bad fitting. Very light weight. With stock cable you feel almost nothing one your ears.

Build quality/shell is top notch. On a blind first look, I'd say it was easly above 100usd judging only by shells and connectors.

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #21 of 1,725
Metal is one of the few genres I dont delve deep into, but share me some songs and I'll take a listen. Preferably not death metal/screams 😂

what about this? A7X is not 'that' metal...

the same channel with the track list on the comment...
track 3 on ward are more 'listenable' for new to this group... with the last one is more like rock than Metal...

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #22 of 1,725
what about this? A7X is not 'that' metal...

the same channel with the track list on the comment...
track 3 on ward are more 'listenable' for new to this group... with the last one is more like rock than Metal...

A7X? Easy. Driver is very fast and the sub bass is amazing. Every kick drum is a bliss

Aug 26, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #25 of 1,725
Ahh.... Feels great to see Avenged Sevenfold lovers here. I love them.

Aug 26, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #27 of 1,725
Metal is one of the few genres I dont delve deep into, but share me some songs and I'll take a listen. Preferably not death metal/screams 😂
Screenshot_20210826-144128040 (1).jpg

2 sections,
* 00:00 - 00:13
* 00:13 - 00:26

cheers, 🍻

Aug 26, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #29 of 1,725
Not to say you need this set, im no one to do a rec, but knowing your tastes.... This bass and detail/treble for the price...

🔥
If I have to buy it... I'm actually torn between this and FD3. Also, the SARN II is soon to be ready, I'm waiting for it holding my...uhh...scrotums...

Aladdin also delivered, dunno how is it going to be... I'll also be able to audition See Audio Bravery. A lot of iems set to reach me.

Aug 26, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #30 of 1,725
If I have to buy it... I'm actually torn between this and FD3. Also, the SARN II is soon to be ready, I'm waiting for it holding my...uhh...scrotums...

Aladdin also delivered, dunno how is it going to be... I'll also be able to audition See Audio Bravery. A lot of iems set to reach me.

Aladdin is on Teas bracket. Different tuning, midcentric.

FD3 i cant help you with, but I prefer the tuning to fd5, specially the mids and treble. Fd5 was technical superior.

Edit:

Graph for good measure
graph (3).png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back