Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Feb 10, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #1,698 of 1,725
After 1 year, my beloved olina can take a break. Now that I can have fun with fiio jd7, i can see why olina is different: "acoustic cavity rather than standard rubber sound tubing" (linsoul), the reverb on the bass is proeminent and less precise, less texture. But the jd7 is exactly this: a way to correct the diffuse bass from the olina. And male voices are also exceptionnal with jd7 while maintaining the same clarity.

Feb 11, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #1,699 of 1,725
After 1 year, my beloved olina can take a break. Now that I can have fun with fiio jd7, i can see why olina is different: "acoustic cavity rather than standard rubber sound tubing" (linsoul), the reverb on the bass is proeminent and less precise, less texture. But the jd7 is exactly this: a way to correct the diffuse bass from the olina. And male voices are also exceptionnal with jd7 while maintaining the same clarity.
I note that the standard price for the JD7 seems to have dropped down to the "special introductory price" for those that missed the earlybird discount (I think BrightAudio Store has always kept the introductory price anyway).:ksc75smile:

Feb 11, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #1,700 of 1,725
I’m still enjoying my Olina to CP100 tips and tanchjim filter mod. For me they’re my end game. Tuning suits my preference perfectly and with my Sony Walkman through modified topping amp they’re sublime.

Feb 11, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #1,701 of 1,725
I’m still enjoying my Olina to CP100 tips and tanchjim filter mod. For me they’re my end game. Tuning suits my preference perfectly and with my Sony Walkman through modified topping amp they’re sublime.
Now you've made me go and check mine! It is CP100 on it, with Shortbus double filter mod and stock cable. As I recall I switched back to the SpinFits from KBEAR 07 tips because they work better for seal on short nozzles. Listening to Goodbye Yellow Brick Road streaming through Hiby FD3.:ksc75smile:

Feb 11, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #1,702 of 1,725
I note that the standard price for the JD7 seems to have dropped down to the "special introductory price" for those that missed the earlybird discount (I think BrightAudio Store has always kept the introductory price anyway).:ksc75smile:
The price is awesome, 70$ fot this?? When i compare with letshuoer d13, olina first gen and jd7, fiio made a good job with this, the bass is even better in quality than seekreal airship (180$)!! Yeah, cnt driver is exceptionnal but the custom home-made driver from fiio is really really responsive.

Feb 11, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #1,703 of 1,725
Now you've made me go and check mine! It is CP100 on it, with Shortbus double filter mod and stock cable. As I recall I switched back to the SpinFits from KBEAR 07 tips because they work better for seal on short nozzles. Listening to Goodbye Yellow Brick Road streaming through Hiby FD3.:ksc75smile:
I tried the double filter mod and whilst I enjoyed it I found the bass a little too emphasised for my taste. The tanchjim filter on the other hands tames the highs and gives a slight boost to bass, I’m not sure what more I would look for in a pair of IEM’s to be honest and dread to think at what price point I would notice a worth whilst improvement.

Feb 11, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #1,704 of 1,725
I tried the double filter mod and whilst I enjoyed it I found the bass a little too emphasised for my taste. The tanchjim filter on the other hands tames the highs and gives a slight boost to bass, I’m not sure what more I would look for in a pair of IEM’s to be honest and dread to think at what price point I would notice a worth whilst improvement.
200$? The Wu Heyday has almost same FR as Olina SE from what i've seen. I've just ordered the Heyday and i already have the Olina SE. I'll do a comparison later on

Mar 26, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #1,706 of 1,725
where can we buy these tanchjim filters ? (does it solves the condensation problem ?) thanks

Mar 26, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #1,707 of 1,725
where can we buy these tanchjim filters ? (does it solves the condensation problem ?) thanks
Buy a set of Tanchjim Tanya. But be aware, some said that newer set of Tanya doesn't comes with filter knowadays. Also yes, it does solve the condensation (the water beads still appear, but it doesn't get clogged up anymore)

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #1,708 of 1,725
Buy a set of Tanchjim Tanya. But be aware, some said that newer set of Tanya doesn't comes with filter knowadays. Also yes, it does solve the condensation (the water beads still appear, but it doesn't get clogged up anymore)
thanks i'll try to find the tanya filters on their own because my ecological conscience cannot let me buy an iem to put in a drawer and never use it (as olina is better i'll never use tanya)

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #1,709 of 1,725
thanks i'll try to find the tanya filters on their own because my ecological conscience cannot let me buy an iem to put in a drawer and never use it (as olina is better i'll never use tanya)
For what it's worth, go read my review of the Olina SE. I write how to solve the condensation there (for the most part). Tanya filter on there own is pretty hard to find

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #1,710 of 1,725
For what it's worth, go read my review of the Olina SE. I write how to solve the condensation there (for the most part). Tanya filter on there own is pretty hard to find
if i can find the tanya filters for $5 it seems easier than the $6 hydrophobic spray where is not easy to estimate if you put too little or too much ( in your review you say 1 to 2 spray ), what kills me is that hbb knew about this conensation issue since mele and he did not fix it for olina and still did not fix it for olina se !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back