Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Nov 24, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #1,681 of 1,725
Does anyone has condensation issue with the Olina SE? Would the Tanya filter works as replacement? I dont want to alter the sound signature. I'm willing to buy a set of Tanya just for the filters. Btw should i use moondrop filter instead?

Nov 24, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #1,682 of 1,725
Does anyone has condensation issue with the Olina SE? Would the Tanya filter works as replacement? I dont want to alter the sound signature. I'm willing to buy a set of Tanya just for the filters. Btw should i use moondrop filter instead?
even if you have consendation, no need to replace filter, just let it dry it is very fast

Nov 24, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #1,683 of 1,725
even if you have consendation, no need to replace filter, just let it dry it is very fast
Sadly it got to the point it got imbalance (left side got smaller), even after i dried it with my laptop vents. I popped the left filter out, it became loud again

Nov 24, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #1,685 of 1,725
I got frustrated with it. It's been 1 day but it hasn't back to normal. So i'm willing to sacrifice 1 set of replacement filters

Dec 1, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #1,686 of 1,725
Oh yes those nano hydrophobic sprays, I've been using them for a while as an all-purpose cleaning/protecting solution for my phone screen, eyeglasses, table surfaces, camera lens and what have you. They work like a charm. You can get them on AliExpress for a reasonable price. You MUST buy the ones that are 120ml and above, or else it'll be fake.

For anyone who is interested, I recommend to buy from this listing only: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002477721964.html

The spray in question:
ie6FXQZ.png
Hi mate. I'm having condensation issue even with my Olina SE. I just wanna make sure, the 120ml would work right? After you spray it on the filter, does the hydrophobic particles block the filter's own micro holes? How many layer should i spray it?

Dec 2, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #1,687 of 1,725
Hi mate. I'm having condensation issue even with my Olina SE. I just wanna make sure, the 120ml would work right? After you spray it on the filter, does the hydrophobic particles block the filter's own micro holes? How many layer should i spray it?
It would make most sense to spray onto filter in place on the IEM. That way you can avoid stuffing up the adhesive. Put minimal amount on and add further coat(s) if that doesn't provide enough of an effect. Way easier to add than remove a coat. Use masking tape around nozzle if you don't want to affect finish on IEM. Maybe slippery ceramic polish would help protect surface? Could make it slippery though!:L3000:

Jan 18, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #1,689 of 1,725
Just received Olina Hbb instead of the se I ordered. Installed double filters and enjoying them but still wondering if I should make the exchange for the se I originally intended.
Depends on cost to you of return. TBH I like the look of the original better and I suspect that with the double filter mod, they will sound pretty close. Also take into consideration how long exchange will take, if they were from AliExpress you can add an extra 2 weeks for New Year shutdown.

Alternatively negotiate a partial refund, OG was cheaper than SE as far as I recall!:ksc75smile:

Jan 19, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #1,690 of 1,725
Depends on cost to you of return. TBH I like the look of the original better and I suspect that with the double filter mod, they will sound pretty close. Also take into consideration how long exchange will take, if they were from AliExpress you can add an extra 2 weeks for New Year shutdown.

Alternatively negotiate a partial refund, OG was cheaper than SE as far as I recall!:ksc75smile:
the original frontplate is plastic, mine is scratched on both sides and i take good care of my gear so se full metal shell is more durable, tuning of se should be better also, not sure if se has also the condensation issue which is olina og greatest flaw ( especially with double filter mod, clogging with condensation water is even worse ) so my advice is to ask them to pay for return costs and do the exchange to get se version

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #1,691 of 1,725
the original frontplate is plastic, mine is scratched on both sides and i take good care of my gear so se full metal shell is more durable, tuning of se should be better also, not sure if se has also the condensation issue which is olina og greatest flaw ( especially with double filter mod, clogging with condensation water is even worse ) so my advice is to ask them to pay for return costs and do the exchange to get se version

Thanks, it’s through Amazon so super easy exchange. Ive just heard through mod they sound very similar. I’ve also read they have different drivers? Those filters Olina shipped with do have better adhesive than the variations in my experience. I still would prefer the factory adjustments.

Jan 19, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #1,692 of 1,725
Thanks, it’s through Amazon so super easy exchange. Ive just heard through mod they sound very similar. I’ve also read they have different drivers? Those filters Olina shipped with do have better adhesive than the variations in my experience. I still would prefer the factory adjustments.
The driver is the same but they changed the seating/milling of how it sits in the shell. I'm not sure how much it changes the sounds (if at all) but I recall reading that the better treble extension might be attributed to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back