Tripowin x HBB: Mele/Olina - Discussion Thread - Olina OUT now
Aug 26, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #77 of 1,725
Resolution is a guy whose opinions and advices I respect very much, and I even see him an IEM mentor, as his opinions are straight to the point and he has TOTL gear/exposure, while being a musician/producer.

He got his Mele set tonight. The following is brought to you with his permission, and all credits to go him.

These are his first impressions on Mele's official thread: (source)

Mele is a masterfully tuned giant for only $50 dollars. TOTL tuning in a 50 dollar IEM. On first listen, I’ll say @hawaiibadboy has more than delivered on his goal of making a Blon BL-03 slayer. The fit is awesome and it’s not nearly as sloppy as the BL-03 in the low end. It punches way above its price point.

It is a polite IEM. It won’t win any awards for dynamic slam, imaging or stage, but it will for tuning.

Well done @hawaiibadboy You should be very proud of this accomplishment.
:slight_smile:

I think I’d take the Mele before the Starfield, Aria, KXXS and Kanas Pro. All their technicalities are similar (Moondrops might slam a little harder because of the harman tuning) and I actually prefer Mele’s tuning overall. Oxygen > all.

I’d say confidently, anyone wanting a great sounding beater set, Mele is #1.

And here are his amazing photos from the unboxing, that put others (like mine) to shame. Great skills!
mele001

mele002

mele003

mele004

mele005

mele006

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #78 of 1,725
If the Mele can reproduce the bass in Motherboard on R.A.M. I'll be damn impressed.

Aug 26, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #79 of 1,725
I got my pair today, DHL was unbelievably fast. I went with yellow (gold?) which looks pretty clean. Using medium jvc spiral dots.

image.jpg

They are a pretty relaxed set, normally want a bit more treble in my iems but it’s in a good spot for non-fatiguing listening. (speaking of, they are extremely comfortable and surprisingly lightweight). The bass is pretty forward and extends very well but perhaps lacks some slam and definition compared to higher end DD earphones like the fdx1. But that’s a totally different price bracket of course. I need to listen more before providing additional thoughts, but these could easily be a default recommendation at its price.

Aug 26, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #80 of 1,725
I got my pair today, DHL was unbelievably fast. I went with yellow (gold?) which looks pretty clean. Using medium jvc spiral dots.

They are a pretty relaxed set, normally want a bit more treble in my iems but it’s in a good spot for non-fatiguing listening. (speaking of, they are extremely comfortable and surprisingly lightweight). The bass is pretty forward and extends very well but perhaps lacks some slam and definition compared to higher end DD earphones like the fdx1. But that’s a totally different price bracket of course. I need to listen more before providing additional thoughts, but these could easily be a default recommendation at its price.

Congratz on your set!! Resolution told me changing cable made a difference from stock. I didnt use stock so it might be on the bad side, just so you know.

Curious to ear that, I think it slams a lot, but probably diferent preferences and libraries :p

Enjoy your set and keep us up to date!

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #81 of 1,725
I think,
this is a $200 sets that disguised as a $50 sets,
it's a win, solid recommendation.

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #82 of 1,725
Congratz on your set!! Resolution told me changing cable made a difference from stock. I didnt use stock so it might be on the bad side, just so you know.

Curious to ear that, I think it slams a lot, but probably diferent preferences and libraries :p

Enjoy your set and keep us up to date!
Hello,
do you have a class A amp, or a tube ?
it could expand the stage and a smoother vocal,

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #84 of 1,725
I think,
this is a $200 sets that disguised as a $50 sets,
it's a win, solid recommendation.
I think there was a report on some thread that there was some miscommunication between HBB and Linsoul on pricing and this was essentially meant to be priced at $100 or something like that. I'm not 100% sure if it's true but I think HBB mentioned it in his review of Mele.

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #85 of 1,725
I think there was a report on some thread that there was some miscommunication between HBB and Linsoul on pricing and this was essentially meant to be priced at $100 or something like that. I'm not 100% sure if it's true but I think HBB mentioned it in his review of Mele.

Indeed, it's in the end of his review. Linsoul were going to price these as 150usd. After some back and forth talking (or lack of), Linsoul sold at HBB target price (50 bucks) but cutted on packaging: simple package, simple tips, cheap cable.

Aug 27, 2021 at 6:10 AM Post #87 of 1,725
If the Mele can reproduce the bass in Motherboard on R.A.M. I'll be damn impressed.

Just did a quick test on this.

Listened to Motherboard with Teas and Mele. I knew Tea could do it, so had to compare it to Mele. Both did well, with diferent presentations of the bass in the song.

Mele - More slam. Sub-bass is pretty present. Good quantity, fast and tight. You can pretty much feel the thing in your ears. Mid-bass elevates the lower mids a bit, but doesn't bleed.

Teas - Better quality, detail and texture on the bass. Faster than Mele by a notch, better dynamics. More relaxed presentation of the sound. Pretty balanced overall.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #90 of 1,725
I give a lot of credit to the admin and bosses here. It's unusual to see someone really think out a situation and act on it. Brave decision admin and I commend you for it. For me as an older man who likes to discuss, you have made a liberating decision. Thank you guys. This is a useful very valid thread. I understand previous hurts, but it's a very good and meaningful decision. High Five guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back