TripleFi Different Sound left/right
Oct 11, 2011 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

freonix

New Head-Fier
Hi guys I'm new to this forum, so try not to flame me that much.

I've just got my TripleFi and notice that the left and right earphones sounds different, the left sounds muffled whereas the right sound treble-like. Is this the way it suppose to work or faulty?

Oct 11, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 7
checked to see if the cables are both the right way?  There should be a little symbol on the detacable cable, both should point the same way.

Oct 11, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #3 of 7
If you're using the Comply tips, make sure you're not just squishing the one side.  Sometimes the ends can get squished together and close off a lot of the pathway, cutting out highs.  If you move the earphone around or set it more loosely in the ear, does the sound change?  Is it the same with the single flange tips?

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure the plug is in all the way.  Having the 3.5mm jack only part way in the hole can cause the earphones to sound weird.  It's a simple thing, but I have found different brands and models to fit more loosely, more snuggly, and at slightly different depths in various playing devices.

If it's always muffled, then the product may be faulty.  If this is the case, I guess you get to return it for another.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 7
After trying what mvw2 said, if you still have the same problem you should consider sending it back for replacement, while the warranty lasts.

Before that, you should try out different tips, especially if you have some other tips lying around. Make sure that the polarity of the cable is not reversed. Sometimes, the insertion depth (how deep you push it into your ears) of the earphone will also have some effects.

Ask your friend to try it out, if you don't mind, just to make sure whether the earphone is really faulty.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #5 of 7
Switch the plugs to see if it's the actual driver or just the cable. The stock TF10 cable really is a pos... I would suggest spending a little more and getting a westone ES cable or something.

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #6 of 7
The same thing happened to me when I was using the Comply tips. When you roll them in your fingers, make sure the foam isn't blocking the nozzle.

Oct 12, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #7 of 7
I've removed the tips and tested the earpiece again. Still it sounded different. Anyway, I've sort out with the person who sold to me and get a replacement. Hope that this is the last replacement.

And I thought this is a feature for high end IEMs. Zzz. Noob me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back