Triplefi 10 ordered, anything I need to know?
Apr 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

coolant8

New Head-Fier
First tried the triple fi 10 by chance in 2008, but have been going through IEM since.
Decided to buy a pair of Triple fi 10 today, immensely looking forward to getting it next week!

Are there anything I need to know about it, e.g. 

1. how many hours should I burn in?
  2. do i need to buy custom tips?
  3. do I need to watch out for build quality issues?

Thanks guys!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #2 of 36
I know it's debatable, but I like to run 100-300 hours burn in time.  I like the Sony Hybrids, Comply Ts, and Shure Olives.  The stock cable sucks, otherwise everything else is built pretty solid.

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 36
The Triple fi is a superb headphone and the treble is fine. The only thing I would say about then is that you may experience fit problems with the supplied tips. I think this is easily overcome by use of the Comply tips.

Other than that don't worry about burn in - just enjoy the ohones.

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #7 of 36

Quote:
Should I be concerned about the treble?

Will definitely see how they fit - and look into tips. 
basshead.gif

haha nah... They fit fine for others, not so good for others.  Its just wishy washy.  They are great headphones, the treble really brings them to life. afterall.  "Middle fanga to da hataz."

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #8 of 36
one thing is careful when you remove the cable on the tf10 dont be overzealous if you dont have to remove it dont. seen a few cables pull the sockets out. just be careful

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 36

Quote:
one thing is careful when you remove the cable on the tf10 dont be overzealous if you dont have to remove it dont. seen a few cables pull the sockets out. just be careful

Ill second that one.  There really is no need to play with it. "If it isnt broke. dont fix it!"

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #10 of 36

Quote:
Should I be concerned about the treble?

Will definitely see how they fit - and look into tips. 
basshead.gif

There were times I felt the treble was a little harsh, nothing that cant be fixed by using my players EQ. Of course everyone ears are different, it was never a huge issue though.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #11 of 36

Quote:

I was one of them that had the socket come out, there was no way I was keeping the stock cable. I pulled slowly while wiggling at the same time and it still broke.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #13 of 36

Quote:
or lol, ''if its not broke, it will be when your done messing with it''

I'm guilty of that with at least 3/4's of my electronics.  Brand new xbox controller? LETS MOD THAT STUFF! *breaks* 
*trys to put on new shure olive foams.* *snaps nozzle off*

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #14 of 36
lol me too, i have urges to mess with stuff even though i have a feeling i will break it, every time i get something new my gf is like ''dont mess with it!!!!'' eventually i am taking whatever it is apart lol 

Apr 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #15 of 36
I was afraid of the TF10's treble being too much for me, but I found it to be amazingly detailed without being harsh. Unfortunately, the fit wasn't for me, so it had to go. If you get a good fit with the TF10, it's still one of the very best universal IEMs out there, and a great value IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back