triple.fi 10 vs ath-m50 vs re-zero vs creative aurvana lives
Mar 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #16 of 19
Alright, so basically its between ath-m50 and the triple fi 10s? And the triple fi's sound is just as good if not better right? Mainly just the fit problem? Also, is the durability of the tf10s good, because I heard the ath-m50 are built like a tank, and I don't want to spend $100 and have them break. Are the re-zeros and the aurvana lives just not on the same level

Would it be risky to buy them of a head-fi user because of the fit? B/C I don't think anyone is going to allow me to return the headphones if I buy them on here. 

Thanks again guys. 

EDIT: I looked at the m80s and the first thing that popped out is their look. They look way too goth for my taste. 

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #17 of 19
TripleFi's are definitely not easy to break, unless you purposefully try to break them(i.e. breaking the cable's pins off inside the TF10). The only part that usually does give out is the stock UE cable, right at the Y splitter, but that's something you can replace. Just go to eBay and grab a Furutech cable or Jaben ES8. The Fiio UE RC cable is also another good one, from what others say.

Keep in mind you can always reshell them to more durable customs if they do break.

Pretty sure most places like Amazon have a generous return policy. There was some guy that complained his TF10's didn't fit and returned them to Amazon, zero hassle.

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #18 of 19
Yeah I know of amazon's really nice return policy. Only thing is, I wouldn't be buying the headphones of off amazon since amazon is rather expensive compared to ebay for the m50s and here for the triplefi 10s. So i'd have to buy them from amazon knowing that i'm only buying from them to try them and eventually buy from another source which is kind of a hassle. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #19 of 19
Hello. I happen to own both the CAL, TF10's and M-50s. SQ wise it would be TF10>M-50>CAL. I must say the difference between the CALs and M-50's aren't that big. The M-50s have a lot more bass and isolation, but otherwise the difference isn't that great. The CAL's are a bit brighter than the M-50's, with a slightly tighter bass, but a lot less quantity. The M-50's also seem to have a bigger soundstage, although I think that's because the mids are a *tiny* bit recessed. Both of them are pretty equal in sound quality. CAL's are $70 though.. their value monsters and dollar for dollar beat the m-50's in value. On the other hand the M-50's have a much better isolation, whilst the CAL's don't isolate or fold... personally I use the CAL's at home and the m-50's when I go out if I feel like using cans.

TF10's on the other hand smash both the CAL's and m-50s at detail, bass control and treble. Bass is pretty nice, but the treble is insane, detailed, fast and in large quantities. If you don't like treble, you might want to reconsider TF10's.. The soundstage is a lot smaller, but it isn't bad. Being IEM's, they also isolate much better than both cans and are far more compact (obviously). Build quality is decent, although TF10's rarely break due to the earpieces breaking, rather it's almost always the cable. Although I did say TF10's have the best sound quality, it's not night and day, and all three choices do sound great. Comfort wise all three are pretty comfy, although I can only wear TF10's for a few hours at a time since their so big (and ugly).

As for re-zeros, I don't own them, but I have heard them before. I remembered that they sounded great (from memory they were natural sounding and well balanced), although TF10's are in a different tier all together... The re-zeros do sound great, but your comparing a great pair of IEMs to a top tier iem. I'd like to add, though, that although the TF10's are faster, more detailed, have better bass control.. etc than the re-zeros, the re-zeros do have a more balanced sound signature.

Please note this is my opinion, I've expressed what I think these headphones sound like. The only foolproof way to check out a pair of headphones is to get a first hand experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back