Triple-Fi 10 picture
Sep 28, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #76 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
The headscratcher for me is why was the first place for pictures to be hosted be on an ipod and ipod-related gear website and not this forum; the number 1 headphone forum in the world? Another weird choice by UE...

probably because the iLounge editors live in Irvine CA....!

Sep 28, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #77 of 86
Quote:

The headscratcher for me is why was the first place for pictures to be hosted be on an ipod and ipod-related gear website and not this forum; the number 1 headphone forum in the world? Another weird choice by UE...

iLounge stats:
Threads: 157,816, Posts: 977,958, Members: 101,531

Head-Fi stats:
Threads: 195,493, Posts: 2,361,914, Members: 43,323

LOL...there's less than half the number of members here of us, but we have a lot more to say...ain't that the truth.
lambda.gif

I imagine the reason is that iLounge is a heavily travelled site and the iPod crowd is a big crowd. Of course Head-Fier's are going to know about a new headphone release...that's what we talk about. There might be greater exposure to the public at large on iLounge.

Sep 28, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #78 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuarreg
Will the Triple X be available for auditioning? I'm in Palm Springs, which as you know, is only a couple of hours away.

Tuarreg

Yes, that's why we're going...
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #80 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Yes, that's why we're going...
biggrin.gif

Ok, now I'm really interested... When?

Tuarreg

Sep 28, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #83 of 86
Ive been patiently holding off from buying the E500 on recommendations from several head-fiers' to wait for the triple-fi and see how they compare. Im getting giddy! That blue looks great! Hopefully it lives up to its hype.

Sep 28, 2006 at 3:15 PM Post #84 of 86
Quote:

They're pretty ugly if you ask me. I never liked the design or fit of the older Super-fi line though, and this pretty much mimicks that design. The headscratcher for me is why was the first place for pictures to be hosted be on an ipod and ipod-related gear website and not this forum; the number 1 headphone forum in the world? Another weird choice by UE...

It looks like they are trying extremely hard to target a mass market audience with names like "bitchin' blue" and tie ups with M-audio and retail sales at Radio Shack. So I guess part of that strategy is to target iPod owners aggressively. Anyway they will sell themselves out here at the headphone forum since we'll try anything new. I just hope the focus was on the sound and not at being "cool" and that it wasn't designed to sound overly bassy or otherwise to suit the tastes of the non-audiophile.

Oct 10, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #85 of 86
I second that ugly comment. They're even uglier than the super-fi line. I don't know how someone can stuff something in their ears that are bigger than the Superfi's too. I think I may go for the e500's after all.

Oct 10, 2006 at 7:50 AM Post #86 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71
It looks like they are trying extremely hard to target a mass market audience with names like "bitchin' blue" and tie ups with M-audio and retail sales at Radio Shack. So I guess part of that strategy is to target iPod owners aggressively. Anyway they will sell themselves out here at the headphone forum since we'll try anything new. I just hope the focus was on the sound and not at being "cool" and that it wasn't designed to sound overly bassy or otherwise to suit the tastes of the non-audiophile.

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back