Triple fi 10 are literally falling apart.
Jul 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #31 of 42
Rawster, I thought/think they dismantle it but maybe some parts like the front shiny shell would be usable (if the OP's weren't in good shape after gluing). Mine were used very little.

All's well that ends well.

Jul 15, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #32 of 42
Thanks for the great photo of the Triple-fi guts.
regular_smile .gif

Couldn't you pull it a bit further out and show us the drivers?
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 15, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #33 of 42

Quote:
Thanks for the great photo of the Triple-fi guts.
regular_smile .gif

Couldn't you pull it a bit further out and show us the drivers?
ksc75smile.gif

Alas, a golden opportunity missed.  Thinking back, I could see 2 of the drivers.  If the Krazy Glue doesn't hold, I'll be sure to get a photo showing more of the guts uploaded 
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #34 of 42
After reading this thread and seeing pictures of the failure, it confirms the armature enclosure designed by Stuart Karten, Paul Kirley, Simon Sollberger, and Dennis Schroeder--a team of individuals without sufficient knowledge of computer, materials and manufacturing processes--was largely unsuccessful. The oversized design of the enclosure is not ergonomically correct which is evidenced by users who have modified the cable, complained about fit, isolation, audio quality or had the product modified by Fisher/ UniqueMelody. The TripleFi 10 is one of the most ill-conceived products that I have ever purchased/ tested and a textbook example why outsourcing design to firms that do not specialize in the intended product category is a mistake. Further, Logitech's acquisition of the company marked the beginning of a significant slide in customer service and support. You will also notice that Ultimate Ears has a declining sales network of specialized audio retailers. Ultimate Ears is a brand that I suspect will loose support from the discerning audio enthusiasts and musicians that made its early success possible.

Seeing a user have to use Krazy-Glue as a remedy for poor customer support and a design flaw should be the ultimate insult to its designers, employees and the founders of the brand. 

Best, 
iDesgn
[size=x-small][size=10pt] [/size][/size]

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #35 of 42
iDesign, I agree with you.  This is why I'm researching having them re-shelled into custom molds (even at the risk of changing the audio characteristics).  The Logitech acquisition has merely started a pattern I've seen many many times before.  The company's focus shifts from product quality to bottom-line (at some cost to quality and customer service).  In the high-end segment, this just opens to doors for newcomers as well as established companies (like JHAudio) to gain market share.

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #36 of 42
Recently the sound was slightly dropping from my triple.fi pro 10's after not using them for a while. I got frustrated and ripped the cord out of the earpiece and it took out the internal wiring. I did not think to try to get a replacement, I threw them away, they were not my favourite anyway (they didn't create a good sound atmosphere like my Etymotic 4p for instance). I'm just going to get a JH 13 pro and UE 18 when I save up the money...

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #37 of 42

Quote:
iDesign, I agree with you.  This is why I'm researching having them re-shelled into custom molds (even at the risk of changing the audio characteristics).  The Logitech acquisition has merely started a pattern I've seen many many times before.  The company's focus shifts from product quality to bottom-line (at some cost to quality and customer service).  In the high-end segment, this just opens to doors for newcomers as well as established companies (like JHAudio) to gain market share.

You're spot on with your comments. 

Jul 15, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:
After reading this thread and seeing pictures of the failure, it confirms the armature enclosure designed by Stuart Karten, Paul Kirley, Simon Sollberger, and Dennis Schroeder--a team of individuals without sufficient knowledge of computer, materials and manufacturing processes--was largely unsuccessful. The oversized design of the enclosure is not ergonomically correct which is evidenced by users who have modified the cable, complained about fit, isolation, audio quality or had the product modified by Fisher/ UniqueMelody. The TripleFi 10 is one of the most ill-conceived products that I have ever purchased/ tested and a textbook example why outsourcing design to firms that do not specialize in the intended product category is a mistake. Further, Logitech's acquisition of the company marked the beginning of a significant slide in customer service and support. You will also notice that Ultimate Ears has a declining sales network of specialized audio retailers. Ultimate Ears is a brand that I suspect will loose support from the discerning audio enthusiasts and musicians that made its early success possible.

Seeing a user have to use Krazy-Glue as a remedy for poor customer support and a design flaw should be the ultimate insult to its designers, employees and the founders of the brand. 

Best, 
iDesgn

This name dropping is completely unnecessary verging on bizarre. Followed by a fast segue to a trashing session on all things UE, I find this post to be somewhat disconcerting. But that's me.

As a contrast to the quoted view, the Triple-fi's are enduring as one of the most popular IEMs on here because of the sound quality. And yes, owners are tweaking for fit and cabling bacause we find it to be worth the effort.

As I said earlier, my three year old Triple-fi's have been pretty much bomb-proof. It would be unfortunate if quality control has dropped under Logitech. It is also true that a percentage of failures will happen with every design. Shure and Westone have their share.

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #39 of 42

Quote:

Best, 
iDesgn

Yeah!!! And they sound great, too.

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #42 of 42

Quote:
where do you ship it, or where in Florida do you go to if you want to get them re-shelled into customs?? 

In Florida, there is InEarz who re-shells universals into custom molds. Check their website for their address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back