TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 26, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #24,137 of 24,683
Dear all:
I’ve received the PM6 today, as a Kickstarter reward.
No much time to taste it, I like the sound, so much details and great quality.

At the late of March, I mailed to TAE, as a monthly routine to care my orders, Kieran replied to ask me to provide the orders recipes, I give him a copy, a day later he said only silver and gunmetal PM6 are in stock, Icarus 4 are not.I told him I want gunmetal.
Then 3 weeks in silence, he didn’t give me any word or reply my letter, last Friday he mailed me a tracking code, so the PM6 arrived.

Hope you guys will get what you paid.
Hope the Icarus 4 won’t fall.

Sorry for my poor English.

Apr 26, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #24,140 of 24,683
I did the same thing.
I have one of the Mark I airs (if there ever was any difference between Mark I and II). At some point I should probably give the mod a go as I do not use them at all (got the Liberty+ instead which work great when I'm out for my runs). Would be good to have a second pair for running. Short battery life won't be such an issue as I generally don't run for more than 30 mins.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #24,141 of 24,683
Emailed about my icarus iv ... The silence is deafining

Apr 26, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #24,143 of 24,683
I knew it was worth hanging around this forum. Last month I saw that others were getting their gear by emailing Kieran so I did the same. After several back and forths, I did not hear from him for a while. Last week got an email with tracking number. Yesterday, way out here in the middle of the Pacific, I got my two pairs of Stormtrooper Phantom Airs.

My thanks to @Karendar for his informational posts. Since I’m getting the dropouts, I will try the copper strip replacement. Curious about battery life though. What can I expect? Also, how do you replace the batteries if you epoxy the shell shut after inserting the copper strip?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Apr 27, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #24,148 of 24,683
I can't see a pad on the board under the pin, maybe I just broke the printed circuit directly..
Wouldn't be surprising. If it is anything like the original TA BT lanyard, it has the absolute cheapest PCBs and worst soldering I've ever seen. I've repaired mine 5-6 times and it still doesn't work consistently. I've even bypassed the PCB in places and had to wire some of the components directly because some of the pads just flaked right off.

Apr 27, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #24,149 of 24,683
Just out of interest (I've scanned the last 50 pages) - did anyone actually review the PM6s? I've seen some on the for sale section so I know some were actually delivered. I can't find anything on the search engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back