TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 29, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #22,639 of 24,683
Hi guys - the review referenced is mine, so happy to share what little I know.

Spoke to Bob briefly over email regarding the R1, and the whole Trinity situation a while back. He confirmed he was under an NDA so couldn't discuss the circumstances of his departure from TA, or the last 18 months.

I know NDAs are something that the management at Trinity are familiar with, as I was considering getting involved in some pre-release testing with Rockjaw Audio a while back, who Joe Watts is also a director of (decided against taking it any further in the end due this whole confused situation), and they sent me an NDA to fill out if I wanted to take part.

Bob confirmed he was no longer involved with TA, and IMR was 100% him. He also confirmed he used the same web designer (hence the look of the site) and kept the same office in DBM as he was based there pre-Trinity.

I took my conversation with Bob at face value, and it seems to line up with comments from other forum members who have spoken directly to Bob. He is fully aware he had a long way to go to rebuild any semblance of trust from the majority of the community due to the Trinity situation, so stated the initial R1 run withdraw be their only pre-order.

Time will tell whether he was shooting straight - I personally believe him, based on what little I know, but am happy to be proved otherwise. If there does turn out to be a direct link between TA and IMR (apart from the fact Bob has designed both sets of IEMs), I will happily take down my review, or amend it accordingly. I'm very much not a fan of what TA has become over the last year or so, and hope IMR can follow a different path. @Tommy C - if you have anything further you want to PM, please do so, as I will be very interested to read it if it can't be posted here.

In terms of the SQ, yes, I was impressed with the R1. Regardless of any history around the firm, this is a good sounding IEM. Believe there is another review up in the Head Gear section as well.

Oct 29, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #22,640 of 24,683
It's nonetheless a bit of a weird strategy after all this mess to try to "rebuild any semblance of trust from the majority of the community" by offering only one (pre-order) GBP 500,- earphone. It's not that I don't believe Bob or that it won't be a good sounding IEM but I'd still be curious to know how many from around here have per-ordered the R1. And outside of here: How many people know about IMR Acoustics?

Oct 29, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #22,641 of 24,683
It's nonetheless a bit of a weird strategy after all this mess to try to "rebuild any semblance of trust from the majority of the community" by offering only one (pre-order) GBP 500,- earphone. It's not that I don't believe Bob or that it won't be a good sounding IEM but I'd still be curious to know how many from around here have per-ordered the R1. And outside of here: How many people know about IMR Acoustics?

My feelings exactly.

Oct 29, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #22,648 of 24,683
Hi guys - the review referenced is mine, so happy to share what little I know.

Spoke to Bob briefly over email regarding the R1, and the whole Trinity situation a while back. He confirmed he was under an NDA so couldn't discuss the circumstances of his departure from TA, or the last 18 months.

I know NDAs are something that the management at Trinity are familiar with, as I was considering getting involved in some pre-release testing with Rockjaw Audio a while back, who Joe Watts is also a director of (decided against taking it any further in the end due this whole confused situation), and they sent me an NDA to fill out if I wanted to take part.

Bob confirmed he was no longer involved with TA, and IMR was 100% him. He also confirmed he used the same web designer (hence the look of the site) and kept the same office in DBM as he was based there pre-Trinity.

I took my conversation with Bob at face value, and it seems to line up with comments from other forum members who have spoken directly to Bob. He is fully aware he had a long way to go to rebuild any semblance of trust from the majority of the community due to the Trinity situation, so stated the initial R1 run withdraw be their only pre-order.

Time will tell whether he was shooting straight - I personally believe him, based on what little I know, but am happy to be proved otherwise. If there does turn out to be a direct link between TA and IMR (apart from the fact Bob has designed both sets of IEMs), I will happily take down my review, or amend it accordingly. I'm very much not a fan of what TA has become over the last year or so, and hope IMR can follow a different path. @Tommy C - if you have anything further you want to PM, please do so, as I will be very interested to read it if it can't be posted here.

In terms of the SQ, yes, I was impressed with the R1. Regardless of any history around the firm, this is a good sounding IEM. Believe there is another review up in the Head Gear section as well.
Did Bob collect the R1 back?

Oct 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #22,649 of 24,683
Probably is, and customers will get them before they get the Hunters and PM6 from over a year ago!:face_palm:
That's gotta leave a pleasant taste, surely?:disappointed_relieved:

Hey, if Trinity wants to give me an R1 instead of my PM6 + Air, switch my order now. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back