TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 1, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #21,707 of 24,683
What chance do we have? I'm not sure they understand their own business model :p

You, sir, have won the internet for today.

wti.jpg

Sep 1, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #21,708 of 24,683
Has anyone notice that the components for the Hunter has changed. I presume the present list is for the new Hunter X. When I preordered mine it stated 2x Dual BA's, 1x Dual voice-coils. Now it's 2x Dual BA's, 1DD. Unless a DD is the exact same as a voice-coil. I don't know.

Sep 1, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #21,709 of 24,683
Has anyone notice that the components for the Hunter has changed. I presume the present list is for the new Hunter X. When I preordered mine it stated 2x Dual BA's, 1x Dual voice-coils. Now it's 2x Dual BA's, 1DD. Unless a DD is the exact same as a voice-coil. I don't know.

Dual voice coil is probably a dual dynamic driver like the PM6

Sep 1, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #21,711 of 24,683
OK, Thanks. I thought odd that the wording had changed. Was hoping they were different somehow, but oh well. Still continue to enjoy my Hunter. It sounds better everyday.
They're different. Dual coil dynamic drivers are definitely not the same as just a dynamic driver. Hence the different name. You can read an intro on the tech on RHA's site:
https://www.rha-audio.com/id/blog/48347/an-introduction-to-rhas-dualcoil-driver-technology

Can't say the the drivers in the Hunter are exactly the same, of course, since this is simply RHA's implementation, but the concept likely remains the same. So if that's the change in the new Hunter X description, seems the first task of the outsourced designer is gonna be to replace the dual coil driver with a normal dynamic driver.

Sep 1, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #21,712 of 24,683
They're different. Dual coil dynamic drivers are definitely not the same as just a dynamic driver. Hence the different name. You can read an intro on the tech on RHA's site:
https://www.rha-audio.com/id/blog/48347/an-introduction-to-rhas-dualcoil-driver-technology

Can't say the the drivers in the Hunter are exactly the same, of course, since this is simply RHA's implementation, but the concept likely remains the same. So if that's the change in the new Hunter X description, seems the first task of the outsourced designer is gonna be to replace the dual coil driver with a normal dynamic driver.

Thank You for the link. A friend asked me about my Hunter and I went back to the Trinity site to make sure I got the compenanrs correct and noticed the differance from what was stated when I preordered. I think I'm much more happy to have this version rather than the next version. The next year for Trinity is going to be interesting to watch.

Sep 1, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #21,713 of 24,683
What chance do we have? I'm not sure they understand their own business model :p

Correct me if I'm wrong but RockJaw and Trinity are both under the same ownership or something like that, no?
I think the folks at Trinity know exactly what they are doing, I mean in terms of damage control. They basically wrote off Head-Fi members because who in the right state of mind is going to purchase anything from them after visiting Head-Fi?
If they are going out of business tomorrow and file for bankruptcy there is nothing we can do about it. No one is going to try and chase them down for $200-$500 IEMs.
If I'm Trinity and I want to stay in business and restore some faith, I'm giving refunds to people and give them a candid update if they are still waiting.

Sep 2, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #21,715 of 24,683
Correct me if I'm wrong but RockJaw and Trinity are both under the same ownership or something like that, no?
I think the folks at Trinity know exactly what they are doing, I mean in terms of damage control. They basically wrote off Head-Fi members because who in the right state of mind is going to purchase anything from them after visiting Head-Fi?
If they are going out of business tomorrow and file for bankruptcy there is nothing we can do about it. No one is going to try and chase them down for $200-$500 IEMs.
If I'm Trinity and I want to stay in business and restore some faith, I'm giving refunds to people and give them a candid update if they are still waiting.
To my knowledge, yeah, Rockjaw and TAE have the same guy as director. IMO, writing off Head-Fi is a bad idea. Sure, you can control from your end and not point to any references here on Head-Fi anymore, but you can't control Google.

If people search, they're gonna stumble onto the Head-Fi forum and it's not gonna be pretty because it's a clear show of the company neglecting their user base. It's not just a reduction of communication (which, if openly explained that it wasn't part of the strategy anymore, wouldn't be as bad), but the direct pinning of blame on the customers. Such a blatant example of biting the hand that feeds you; blaming your customers for your shortcomings is NOT how you keep a company in consumer good graces.

Sep 2, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #21,719 of 24,683
reading through this it does seem a little fishy:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09232359

What's fishy? I honestly can't see anything untoward there. We've been over the directors and shareholders questions before, pretty much Bob, the director and the main shareholder came across from rockjaw at some point or other.

Wow, 8k profit? I would have expected them to be even worse than that if the really has produced and shipped all they sold as they claimed.

Approximately £310k in sales, £170k costs in materials and £130 odd in salaries and service charges. If they all took a healthy salary, which is possible for a small team given the figures, they haven't done too bad to be honest?

And why would it be "worse" if they produced and shipped all they sold? We all paid in advance so what they shipped is irrelevant, the figure would actually be inflated if they didn't produce the items (after taking the money for them) as material costs and service charges such as assembly would be vastly reduced?

I'm not being defensive by the way I'm just confused what your both trying to say? I've actually got a rather damning email for TA in my draft folder that I was going to send last night but thought what's the point, it won't change anything - sad times.

Still waiting for my Air and PM6, I have told them I'm only a few hours away so it's madness i could drive over and get them yet people abroad are receiving there's first. I was in the first 20 on Kickstarter and ordered the PM6 in June.

Sep 2, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #21,720 of 24,683
Still waiting for my Air and PM6, I have told them I'm only a few hours away so it's madness i could drive over and get them yet people abroad are receiving there's first. I was in the first 20 on Kickstarter and ordered the PM6 in June.
That's the other part that's annoyed me about this whole thing, if they had shipped sequentially by order number I and a lot of people here would have gotten their orders already. If they're actually shipping them all within a couple weeks it's easier to forgive but not when it takes 6+ months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back