TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Sep 1, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #21,692 of 24,683
But they ARE getting delivered! Just so happens those people aren't active Head-Fi members :p

Right. I really feel for those who are still waiting.
Seriously though, they provided some Icarus 3 to dealers and maybe a few Hunters.
I don't see any PM6 out there.
Oddly they had received small batches.
I can't think of why a manufacturer agreed to produce such a small quantity unless those are demo units/ samples.

Sep 1, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #21,693 of 24,683
Wouldn't be the first time a QC issue would cause a manufacturer to send only a few batches. Actually in a drop it happened that they tried to leech more money from the seller for "have-to-changes in the manufacturing process" which made all deal go under.

Not saying that is the situation but it happens. On the other hand refunds should always be entitled, the problem are KS rules which don't protect the buyer at all since they always receive their part of the money :wink:.

Sep 1, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #21,694 of 24,683
The main issue is that Trinity used to be a decent company with great customer service and now they have hit rock bottom and they should take a closer look at the mirror because they did this to themselves. They are not honest with their customers and it snowballed to this fiasco. The Trinity IEM that I auditioned were OK. Nothing outstanding but not the worst. Definitely not worth their full MSRP.
The Air is a bust, they are refreshing models that haven't been around for a full year even and many are still waiting for their IEMs.
This is not the way to run a company and it comes as no surprise that they can't fulfill, and the icing on the cake is that they have the chutzpah to blame the customers for not understanding the preorder concept.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #21,695 of 24,683
On a different note, for those who are looking for an Air alternative Sony is releasing a true wireless earphones with pass through audio and different modes based on your activity. Sounds very interesting but it's still early to tell how's they sound.

Sep 1, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #21,696 of 24,683
Thanks Tommy C. That is of interest. Problem is i have had some really great sounding Sony iems and some really bad ones, and at that price point, with noise reduction and cordless i think that may be at the bad end.

I am listing to my Kz Z5s with the Bluetooth module at the moment, they are a great sounding headphone (after burn in) but the chord is annoying as hell

I am leaning more and more to the Earin M2

Sep 1, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #21,697 of 24,683
More than likely. Or they don't have funds to assemble them all at one time... So they go by waves.
Very tiny waves.....none of them ever go to Head-Fi members though, but they're totally going out.

You must be part of this minority that just doesn't understand their business model! :joy::joy:

Sep 1, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #21,698 of 24,683
Wouldn't be the first time a QC issue would cause a manufacturer to send only a few batches. Actually in a drop it happened that they tried to leech more money from the seller for "have-to-changes in the manufacturing process" which made all deal go under.

Not saying that is the situation but it happens. On the other hand refunds should always be entitled, the problem are KS rules which don't protect the buyer at all since they always receive their part of the money :wink:.

when I last spoke with BOB he told me that he made some minor tweaks to cut down sibilant or hot treble in both Hunter and PM6 as reported by some early receiver of these models including me.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #21,699 of 24,683
I sent my refund request for the PM6 and Hunter and they approved it in under an hour, just have to wait for the actual funds now! Guess they're not close to shipping yet or I would have expected a little pushback. At the current exchange rate I'll be getting back CAN$1000, I'll probably bank it for now but it's enough for a Lyra II with change left over if I wanted to go that route. For now I'm pretty happy with my LZ A4's with Linum BaX cables. I tried some $30 silver cables from Penon with them and found a drastic improvement in sound and then got the Linum's. I find in terms of detail produced they're similar to the Icarus 3 but I find the individual instruments come through much clearer with a blacker background with my setup than the Icarus.

Sep 1, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #21,700 of 24,683
I sent my refund request for the PM6 and Hunter and they approved it in under an hour, just have to wait for the actual funds now! Guess they're not close to shipping yet or I would have expected a little pushback. At the current exchange rate I'll be getting back CAN$1000, I'll probably bank it for now but it's enough for a Lyra II with change left over if I wanted to go that route. For now I'm pretty happy with my LZ A4's with Linum BaX cables. I tried some $30 silver cables from Penon with them and found a drastic improvement in sound and then got the Linum's. I find in terms of detail produced they're similar to the Icarus 3 but I find the individual instruments come through much clearer with a blacker background with my setup than the Icarus.

Congrats, hope you get the refund. I'm still fighting everywhere to get my IGG PM6 refunded.

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #21,702 of 24,683

I cancelled my PM6 order about a month ago, jumped on the KZ ZS5 band wagon, and in my opinion they are too bright for me to listen too, so bit the bullet and bought a set of CA Jupiters.

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #21,704 of 24,683

I cancelled my PM6 last October or November. Got the A4. Moved to the AKG N40 then got my Lyra II yesterday :D. Enjoying the Lyras. Using KZ Starlines on them. $1 tips, $700 headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back