TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 29, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #21,586 of 24,683
No, he just pasted the TAE email us kickstarter backers just got without providing that context.

I see, I thought somebody from Trinity tries to communicate here (rookie mistake LOL :ksc75smile:). Should have known better .....

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #21,588 of 24,683
Anyone here down to buy my used Master 6 from me for somewhere around $200? They just didn't suit my needs, as I now have gotten the Bragis. Only used for about 30 hours of listening, I believe (maybe a little more, probably not less) with full accessory including the box. I'll make sure to clean all the tips and filters as well. Please DM me!

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #21,589 of 24,683
We have to point out that this is a project and we could just deliver this product and walk away due to how these things work but that is NOT what we want to do. Trinity has had a tough time lately, some our fault and some not but that does not mean we are ready to hand in the towel.
A couple of months ago, I wouldn't ever thought I'd be writing this but... how dare they?!?!?! Each time you think they'd dared to say the worst things, they'd surprise you with something even worse!

Aug 29, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #21,590 of 24,683
A couple of months ago, I wouldn't ever thought I'd be writing this but... how dare they?!?!?! Each time you think they'd dared to say the worst things, they'd surprise you with something even worse!

Everything they're doing is totally unacceptable to me. I want them to refund me the indiegogo and have been trying for a long time. It's terrible that they STILL don't have stock for the PM6.

Aug 29, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #21,591 of 24,683
TAE sent an email to Air backers this morning....

OMG... So let me see if I've got this straight.

• First, there were no problems with any of the batteries or connectivity and people just had too much water in their heads.
  • Then there were issues with the Air's connectivity, and they were going to send a wire to connect the Airs together that would resolve the dropouts.
  • THEN they found out that both the dropouts and short battery life were due to bad batteries from their supplier. So they were going to stop shipping the Air, and work with a better more reliable battery supplier, but to do that they needed 2 months to get materials and redesign.
  • Finally now TAE says that they didn't bother going with the more renown (better?) manufacturer because those batteries wouldn't fit. OH and the dropout issue is all in your head again..literally.

FWIW They're paying lip service to their commitment to the product "We have to point out that this is a project and we could just deliver this product and walk away due to how these things work but that is NOT what we want to do. Trinity has had a tough time lately, some our fault and some not but that does not mean we are ready to hand in the towel".

But at this point I'm not about to believe ANYTHING coming from TAE other than a fully functional product in my hands.

Ha ha, with that kind of attitude I'm sure everything will work out fine for them....NOT!

Amazing that not one single person at that company seem to care about their customers. I just can't believe that they wrote that, if someone was trying to hurt their company they couldn't have done a better job lol.

I'm feeling really bad for people who are still waiting. Tbh I can't even understand how they could produce "a handful" of Hunters in Asia. I would've thought there's some kind of minimum batch quantity and that it would be way larger that a handful. I hope I'm wrong though....

Once again I can't believe how someone in their right mind can behave like that, just redicioulus.

Aug 29, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #21,592 of 24,683
Not only do they say things that are borderline insulting, but they are doing nothing to clarify issues. Quite the opposite, they're instead making things more unclear. As I said before:
  • First, there were no problems with any of the batteries or connectivity and people just had too much water in their heads.
  • Then there were issues with the Air's connectivity, and they were going to send a wire to connect the Airs together that would resolve the dropouts.
  • THEN they found out that both the dropouts and short battery life were due to bad batteries from their supplier. So they were going to stop shipping the Air, and work with a better more reliable battery supplier, but to do that they needed 2 months to get materials and redesign.
  • Finally now TAE says that they didn't bother going with the more renown (better?) manufacturer because those batteries wouldn't fit. OH and the dropout issue is all in your head again..literally.
What is it Trinity? Is it the battery that was causing the dropouts? Is there no dropout problem? How bout battery life?

Aug 29, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #21,595 of 24,683
The most important control to me is volume. I rarely ever skip tracks or move back and forth. If I stop my music, I tend to do it because I need to stop it for several hours. I've been used to adjusting volume by using the volume buttons on my iPod Touch 5g through my pockets. I'd wager if I were to have a The Headphone connected, I could still volume control the exact same way? Would be weird if I couldn't. How's it compare in sound quality to the others? I'd expect it to be blown outta the water by the Atlas with BT lanyard, but better than the Airpods.

Yes, you could control volume the same as you do. There really is little differance between any of them except you are right about the Atlas w BT lanyard. I think getting a good seal helps greatly with all of them. Or any others. For me, I prefer the Dash for completely wireless as I like using touch or their new Virtual 4D feature. If I had to place them in order of sound quality, it would go like this: Atlas>IQBuds-Dash-Headphone>Earin>AirPods.

Also have the Air coming, but that is a failure. Can't believe they think the problem with dropouts could be the battery. They are completely separate problems as I see it. The dropouts probably have to do with using a metal shell, as I have continued to point out. If you look at all other BT earbud shells, it's plastic.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #21,596 of 24,683
Yes, you could control volume the same as you do. There really is little differance between any of them except you are right about the Atlas w BT lanyard. I think getting a good seal helps greatly with all of them. Or any others. For me, I prefer the Dash for completely wireless as I like using touch or their new 4D feature. If I had to place them in order of sound quality, it would go like this: Atlas>IQBuds-Dash-Headphone>Earin>AirPods.

Also have the Air coming, but that is a failure. Can't believe they think the problem with dropouts could be the battery. They are completely separate problems as I see it. The dropouts probably have to do with using a metal shell, as I have continued to point out. If you look at all other BT earbud shells, it's plastic.
Have you seen the recent KS update? If you haven't, it might piss you off a bit. Sure has done so for other people.

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #21,598 of 24,683
Have you seen the recent KS update? If you haven't, it might piss you off a bit. Sure has done so for other people.
It's for backers only, what does it say?

I have no investment in TAE. I have the Techne but trading it to a buddy on here for the Shozy Zero since I never listen to it. Recently acquired the Vyrus V1 in a trade and they are better than Techne but still the Trinity Sig doesn't fit my tastes. PM6 was cancelled almost a year ago with a small loss but I'm super glad I did it and also didn't have to pay the fee.

Aug 29, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #21,599 of 24,683

Yeah, just got home and read it. It baffles me that they would send out any more Air's, and from all reports so far, that continue to have the same old problems. I've waited years for KS rewards, but gotten working products. They rushed these out too fast as far as I'm concerned. Take a couple years and get it right, even if it pisses off the backers. Most of them are newbies anyway and don't have a clue. Looks like the Air fiasco is ongoing for who knows how long.

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #21,600 of 24,683
Yeah, just got home and read it. It baffles me that they would send out any more Air's, and from all reports so far, that continue to have the same old problems. I've waited years for KS rewards, but gotten working products. They rushed these out too fast as far as I'm concerned. Take a couple years and get it right, even if it pisses off the backers. Most of them are newbies anyway and don't have a clue. Looks like the Air fiasco is ongoing for who knows how long.

To be honest, I would have rather had a wire in the back than a non-functional device. This is utter nonsense. I agree that the metal case might be a source of the problem, but couldn't they just connect the antenna part to the metal housing for it to act as an amplifier?? I'm backing the Phazon campaign as well and they've had a HELL of a hard time getting the proper hardware for the signal to not drop out.

This just goes to show that if they can't deliver a TW earbud that works that I'd worry about a DAC and DAP venture. Imagine all the issues those will have...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back