TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 25, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #21,512 of 24,683
Which ones do you have? Of the ones I've had, the Hyperion was the most comfortable for me. They're just so tiny that they don't cause any sort of discomfort at all!

Ah, don't have the hyperions. Heard great things about them, though. I have delta v.1, pm4, Vyrus 1 and 2, master, Icarus iii, and hunters inbound.

Aug 26, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #21,515 of 24,683
Yep, the original Delta's where / are the most comfortable Trinity products I have owned. The shell size is perfect for a great seal, The cable may look good but in my opinion impractical for an on the go iem. Since its braided it prone to knots and tangles.

Aug 26, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #21,516 of 24,683
So my Icarus III arrived yesterday. Still on the honeymoon fase but they are really good. The best IEM i've had by far. My previous best IEM where the Havi B3 and the Sennheiser CX880 so my bar is set somewhat low compared to some of you guys here.

The Icarus are what i wished the Havi where. Wide soundstage, good separation and somewhat airy tone to it. I love the fact that it kinda creates a studio in your head. The bass is heavy and you can definitely feel it, probably a bit too much for my taste (gold filters). Tried the gold purple black green and blue filters. Despite the fact that i can't barely hear any difference between them (apart from low notes) for now im settling on the blue ones, however i would love a "sparkling" filter with higher notes more noticeable, i might try again the Purple filters. I've noticed that i like a brighter sound signature.

What i really dislike is the big overall size and the width of the nozzle. I have small ear canals and i can't find a small enough tip that will allow me to insert the IEM deep enough. However i do feel that these are not really seal dependent, or at least i can get a good seal with shallow insert. Any recommendations for tips?

Any questions that you guys have just let me know.

Aug 26, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #21,517 of 24,683
What i really dislike is the big overall size and the width of the nozzle. I have small ear canals and i can't find a small enough tip that will allow me to insert the IEM deep enough. However i do feel that these are not really seal dependent, or at least i can get a good seal with shallow insert. Any recommendations for tips?

Trinity Kombi Tips in size Small are on sale at Trinity; they could possibly fit your needs.

As for the filters, I believe that either purple undamped or some of the filters with black damp foam (less damped - letting more of the sound through) should suit your needs.
It takes a bit of filter rolling to find the one that suits you.
I found, for the type of the music I listen to mostly with IEMs, the purple undamped filters to complement well the sound signature of the Icarus III. But that again is the matter of the personal preference.
Most of the people here found the gold undamped filters to be the filter of the choice; to me they bring probably too much of the bass. This can also depend on the source, both recording and the player.

I highly recommend that you make your own judgment; trust your own ears only.

Aug 26, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #21,518 of 24,683
search

Apollo-IE-teaser.png

Look familiar?

Aug 26, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #21,519 of 24,683
search

Apollo-IE-teaser.png

Look familiar?

Where is that from?

Edit: never mind, found the hashtag - looks like the IMR logo shares a fair bit with the Apollo HyperCar logo. The IE actually looks pretty cool - shame I don't have a spare green million laying around to pick up their HyperCar! :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #21,522 of 24,683
Aug 26, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #21,524 of 24,683
Apprently Bob has a NDA with Trinity and couldn't answer certain questions but he has no problem using their database and take their logo, let alone their IP address.
Who is gonna help Bob with marketing, customer service, logistics etc? Or maybe it's gonna be a one man show. Hmm.

Aug 26, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #21,525 of 24,683
I believe only when there is a copyright on the logo.
Does Apollo or IMR not have a copyright/trademark on that logo? Seems like an oversight.

Apprently Bob has a NDA with Trinity and couldn't answer certain questions but he has no problem using their database and take their logo, let alone their IP address.
Who is gonna help Bob with marketing, customer service, logistics etc? Or maybe it's gonna be a one man show. Hmm.
Let's be clear and not attack without basis:
- This isn't the TAE logo, can't say it was stolen from them. All the mention has been regarding the exact same logo used to tease the reveal of the track-only Apollo Intensa Emozione.
- The IP address thing has at least reasonable doubt since many other sites also use that IP address. We can't crucify them just for using the same server provider, especially given that we don't know much of the behind the scenes logistics. It's entirely plausible that to save on hosting costs, there's an agreement to share the provider at reduced cost. We just don't know the details.
- Email list: you can rip him all you want for this one. There's a good chance that being the person he was for the company, he got a copy of the database as part of his departure agreement. BUT, he definitely could've have sent out an initial email first saying something along the lines of "Hi, this is Bob and you're getting this because you're on an email list in my possession. I will be going into a new audio venture and will be sending out details using this email list. If you have no interest, you may use the button below to unsubscribe. Otherwise, you'll stay on the list and more information will come about my new venture in a week or so. Thanks."
I'm all for laying out the company's shortfalls and criticizing them for it, but with appropriate evidence in doing so.

I think Bob said to someone that this venture is just him with a couple people helping him out with site stuff for free, which is why he said the site and social media launch took the time it did (not that I noticed that it took all that long anyway). Take that tidbit as you may, whether you believe it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back