TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 17, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #21,166 of 24,683
Probably my last post here, but to end on something positive..
Quick dirty phone shot as "proof of life" - after a torturous trip across several oceans, they finally arrived. :)
Got a day off, so going to be rolling tips and filters. Build quality is very nice, much smaller (albeit fat) than I even imagined, they fit well - whereas the Master probably wouldn't have in my beat-up ears. They sound pretty decent out of the box, need about 10% more volume required than my Sony. We'll see how they go.
IMG_20170817_131524-01.jpeg

Aug 17, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #21,167 of 24,683
Probably my last post here, but to end on something positive..
Quick dirty phone shot as "proof of life" - after a torturous trip across several oceans, they finally arrived. :)
Got a day off, so going to be rolling tips and filters. Build quality is very nice, much smaller (albeit fat) than I even imagined, they fit well - whereas the Master probably wouldn't have in my beat-up ears. They sound pretty decent out of the box, need about 10% more volume required than my Sony. We'll see how they go.

Great! Happy for you. Now if only the mythical Phantom Master 6 and Air would appear!!

Aug 17, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #21,168 of 24,683
Wow! This thread is turned on a kinda paranoid respect to IMR. A time ago we received a survey asking us if in the future we are going to back them with a switchable open and closed IEM, and giving us the option to fill the survey with our contact information. This could be a last "favor" from trinity to Bob, after all, he gave them his las creation in which he was working for 4 years (Phoenix). I've received every trinity email on date but no from IMR, so, I'm sure Bob don't stole any list, have access to Trinity database or IMR is a Trinity rebranding; maybe this a thing from google, they ever cross the line when there are ads in the middle.
Everything I said are only speculations , but my point is, let's keep Trinity and IMR apart.
Back to the topic, somebody knows When does the Icarus 4 start to ship? Trinity don't reply my mails since last friday and to be honest, I'm starting to losing my patience.

Aug 17, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #21,169 of 24,683
Wow! This thread is turned on a kinda paranoid respect to IMR. A time ago we received a survey asking us if in the future we are going to back them with a switchable open and closed IEM, and giving us the option to fill the survey with our contact information. This could be a last "favor" from trinity to Bob, after all, he gave them his las creation in which he was working for 4 years (Phoenix). I've received every trinity email on date but no from IMR, so, I'm sure Bob don't stole any list, have access to Trinity database or IMR is a Trinity rebranding; maybe this a thing from google, they ever cross the line when there are ads in the middle.
Everything I said are only speculations , but my point is, let's keep Trinity and IMR apart.
Back to the topic, somebody knows When does the Icarus 4 start to ship? Trinity don't reply my mails since last friday and to be honest, I'm starting to losing my patience.
I deleted that survey mail immediately upon receipt so...stolen. :jecklinsmile:

Aug 17, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #21,173 of 24,683
replacement of the filters because my replacement male to male cable was DOA too
The mesh isn't straight? Shouldn't be an issue as long as it's firmly attached. If it's loose could come off in your ear, so make sure it's firm. Won't affect sound though.
Are you sure the cable isn't the balanced one? That won't work in a normal socket/jack. (Just asking in case...)

Aug 17, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #21,174 of 24,683
Has anyone else compared the Master to the Icarus III? I'm always going for the gunmetal filters, but there's something different about the Icarus III but can't put my finger on it. Clearer? sharper?
Anyway: will keep the III's based on great sound + they fit me better (more comfortable) than the Master's. Going to repeat my question about the III filters again: anyone else having uneven sealing rings and will it be an issue somehow? Should force myself to try out more filters, I'm so filter lazy :p

Aug 17, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #21,175 of 24,683
The mesh isn't straight? Shouldn't be an issue as long as it's firmly attached. If it's loose could come off in your ear, so make sure it's firm. Won't affect sound though.
Are you sure the cable isn't the balanced one? That won't work in a normal socket/jack. (Just asking in case...)
Oh damn I didn't know it shipped with one so I wasn't paying attention. It was doing some really funky stuff to my phone. Only the left channel worked and it would randomly start and stop playing music if I rotated the jack.

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #21,177 of 24,683
Has anyone else compared the Master to the Icarus III? I'm always going for the gunmetal filters, but there's something different about the Icarus III but can't put my finger on it. Clearer? sharper?
Anyway: will keep the III's based on great sound + they fit me better (more comfortable) than the Master's. Going to repeat my question about the III filters again: anyone else having uneven sealing rings and will it be an issue somehow? Should force myself to try out more filters, I'm so filter lazy :p

I did, soundstage on the master is much wider and more sterile than the Icarus III. I Feel the Icarus III is just tighter with emphasis on the lows as opposed to the masters which open up in the highs and partially in the mids.

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #21,180 of 24,683
Now and next week:angry:

Actually I was thinking a while ago: What if they released a couple of PM6s as well just to see how they fare and realized they had some improving to do. From what I read overall views of PM6 were positive with the only real issue being the slightly piercing treble. Could it be that they did some fine tuning in the meantime?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back