TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 17, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #18,616 of 24,683
Thanks. I know you have a lot of experience with a wide range of IEMs, where would you put this in perspective? The IcarusIII is supposed to be more "emotional" I guess due to the bigger dynamic, so I'm sure the mids will be "richer" just that BA performance makes me curious. You've heard plenty of hybrids, how good do you think that BA driver is? Thanks!
When I listen to it everything seems to be right. Bass is well controlled and has sufficient impact, mids are clear and not too recessed and treble has good levels for my ears without being strident. The sound seems to be coherent but something is missing and I've had a really hard time trying to pin down what it is. The only thing I can think of is the lack of a crossover that might be the cause. I had the same experience with the PM4.

Jun 17, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #18,619 of 24,683
IMHO, it all boils down to the mastering of the tracks you listen to, the filters you choose and your source.

But with the right combination I don't find any sibliance or "hot" treble unless I really crank up the volume or the track is just mastered with a treble boost. Using the gunmetal filters + Nexus 6p on the go, xDuoo-05 on my desktop setup. (Both are relatively warm sounding)

I also agree with the above as well as my own intolerance to certain frequencys.
I do find the debate on if an iem is considered bright or sibilant to sometimes be quite varied because of quite a few factors, of course you do get headphones or iems that are just sibilant or bright , but when many are reporting different experiences and most seem ok with the top end then in my opinion it's generally not the headphone or iem , it's something else in the chain or just your own intolerance, i consider the master to be one of these.
And I still feel its an amazingly damn good iem for the £60 i paid.
Hopefully trinity will respond soon and rekindle my faith and appreciation of when they do get it right, just like the master.

Jun 17, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #18,620 of 24,683
Been trying out the balanced adapter i bought for the master .
Still need to spend some more time with it before I make a solid opinion , a/b ing with the opus 1 from balanced to 3.5mm standard takes a few processes as you have to go into the android menu to switch to balanced and also change cable/adapter , by which time im thinking was there a difference there on that section of track???? Lol .
I will try on the x7 as well (less hassle to a/b)
I do think the treble has less peaks (not that there was many or sibilant for me) and sub bass seems a bit more present but i will do a lot more extensive listening before I would say these are definites, at first I didn't think there was much difference because they seem subtle at first.

20170617_155502.jpg

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #18,621 of 24,683
This is the end, my only friend, the end.

So my long journey with Trinity is over.

I am from Canada. Ordered first PM4 on May 2016 than switched for PM6 in June 2016. I got refund for my PM4 in June 2016 and I paid for PM6 right away 364 Canadian dollars

Requested to cancel my order on 14 June 2017. Next day got answer that my order will be canceled soon. On 16 June my order was cancelled and I got 246,91 USD.

According to RBC Foreign Exchange Currency Converter its 316.02 Canadian dollars. However, if I want to buy 246.91 USD I need to pay 333.50 Canadian dollars. So my lost are 30.5-47.98 Canadian dollars (depends on if you want to keep USD or not).

Also based on Brooko’s early reviews on PM4 (he stated that standard 0.78 pin connector can be used with Trinity connector) I bought for my PM6 Balanced cable from Fiio for approx. 40 CAD that I don’t need. Than I lost about 20 CAD when I got refund for PM4 (I wanted to pay the difference in the price for PM6 but got full refund instead)

Instead of PM6 I bought Campfire Audio Nova and I like it a lot.
Best wishes for die–hard Trinity customers but I am to weak for this. :relaxed:

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #18,622 of 24,683

I am from Canada. Ordered first PM4 on May 2016 than switched for PM6 in June 2016. I got refund for my PM4 in June 2016 and I paid for PM6 right away 364 Canadian dollars

Requested to cancel my order on 14 June 2017. Next day got answer that my order will be canceled soon. On 16 June my order was cancelled and I got 246,91 USD.

According to RBC Foreign Exchange Currency Converter its 316.02 Canadian dollars. However, if I want to buy 246.91 USD I need to pay 333.50 Canadian dollars. So my lost are 30.5-47.98 Canadian dollars (depends on if you want to keep USD or not).

Also based on Brooko’s early reviews on PM4 (he stated that standard 0.78 pin connector can be used with Trinity connector) I bought for my PM6 Balanced cable from Fiio for approx. 40 CAD that I don’t need. Than I lost about 20 CAD when I got refund for PM4 (I wanted to pay the difference in the price for PM6 but got full refund instead)

I can at least say you didn't make a wrong decision in the Nova. Very good IEM. I wrote up a short review on that as well. Good dual-BA IEM. I've had luck with dual-BA IEMs so far. Supra, Nova, Noble X, they've all done things a bit differently, but all very good. Seems what you needed all along was a company that delivered the product when they said they would :p

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #18,623 of 24,683

Understandable .
And like the doors quote.

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #18,624 of 24,683

Good luck head'fier wherever you go with the CA nova. Enjoy the good build and fantastic sound. I wouldn't underestimate the Nova either!

Jun 17, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #18,625 of 24,683
Well my Vyrus 2's are back in use, I used a little Gorilla glue on the left and kept it clamped overnight. Luckily it works just fine.

Jun 17, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #18,628 of 24,683
Well it's the end of the road also for me.
I finally got refunded after being told many times it was impossible.
I'm really upset that it went like this since I really wanted my PM6, but after all this I really cant understand how there could be any Trinity fanboy on this forum.
Good luck to all of you.
Whereever you go. We wish you the best. Hopefully you find that IEM you are looking for.
:)

Jun 17, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #18,629 of 24,683
Well my Vyrus 2's are back in use, I used a little Gorilla glue on the left and kept it clamped overnight. Luckily it works just fine.

The right piece of my Vyrus 2 just died without any warning ( was used probably for 15-20 hours total). Have to send it back to the U.K.
:deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back