TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 14, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #18,466 of 24,683
Jun 14, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #18,469 of 24,683
I'm starting to think they are giving me no choice but to cancel, i have no idea what is going on with my 2 pairs of iems, delta and Hunter.
I have never chased either of them or asked where they are, i have relied on headfi for my information and updates and now at this stage i feel trinity should be contacting me with reasons my iems are not being sent.
I have understood the delays and problems but if i don't know what is going on with my products and trinity dont feel the need to inform me then what options am I left with.
I don't blame you for thinking that way. I didn't ask or chase about mine either and as you can see, I've somehow received mine. Not exactly the norm though, as we've seen. I've been luckier than most here. I got my Hunter in just under a year after ordering and mine didn't have any functional problems. At the very least, it's worked long enough to put out a review.

Multiple likes already on that review. Thanks guys! This is the most expansive review I've written to date and I'm glad you guys are liking it.

Jun 14, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #18,470 of 24,683
I don't blame you for thinking that way. I didn't ask or chase about mine either and as you can see, I've somehow received mine. Not exactly the norm though, as we've seen. I've been luckier than most here. I got my Hunter in just under a year after ordering and mine didn't have any functional problems. At the very least, it's worked long enough to put out a review.

Multiple likes already on that review. Thanks guys! This is the most expansive review I've written to date and I'm glad you guys are liking it.

It's a great read and a great review nonetheless. Also, I think it's very difficult to write a review when you have so many filters to choose from but your approach was good though.
There is a tough competition at the $500-$600 range especially when you have some great promotions going on or through Massdrop.

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #18,471 of 24,683

It's an excellent review - well written, amusing and clearly written in terms of what you are hearing and how the gear stacks up against other stuff you have. You should give yourself more credit! There are plenty of more prolific reviewers on here that don't produce stuff anywhere near that good. Looking forward to the next one!

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #18,472 of 24,683

It's an excellent review - well written, amusing and clearly written in terms of what you are hearing and how the gear stacks up against other stuff you have. You should give yourself more credit! There are plenty of more prolific reviewers on here that don't produce stuff anywhere near that good. Looking forward to the next one!

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #18,473 of 24,683
It's a great read and a great review nonetheless. Also, I think it's very difficult to write a review when you have so many filters to choose from but your approach was good though.
There is a tough competition at the $500-$600 range especially when you have some great promotions going on or through Massdrop.
Yeah, IEMs with tuning filters are a bit tougher to do just because of the various configurations. Would've been great to know how it compares to other IEMs in the same price range, but I don't actually have any lol.

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #18,474 of 24,683
Duplicate post - deleted.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #18,477 of 24,683
Yeah, IEMs with tuning filters are a bit tougher to do just because of the various configurations. Would've been great to know how it compares to other IEMs in the same price range, but I don't actually have any lol.
Excellent review. I should have mine back soon since Bob shipped them out yesterday. I'm hoping I enjoy them more now that the drivers have been replaced and tested. Time will tell I guess.

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #18,478 of 24,683
Yes, many of us are still waiting.
I think it's pretty safe to say that only a few recieved their PM6.

I suspect only the ones from the first batch of production, then they realized they couldn't have them machined for the cost they were selling them at i.e ran out of capital so launch cheaper lines and have been trying to use those funds to cover their costs. This is all pure speculation by the way.

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #18,479 of 24,683
Regarding PM6 and Hunter back orders: Anyone have the same feeling I have, that they're not really back ordered, but considering they've gotten complaints from silibance + broken drivers, they're rechecking all shipped units? Am I just leaning towards wishful thinking?

It feels like they're constantly in damage control mode...

That or they never actually built any, hunter and pm6 were too expensive to produce at the price they sold them at. Titanium is a bugger to machine and costly to do so correctly.

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #18,480 of 24,683
Thanks! I look forward to seeing your review come up when it's ready!
I doubt I'll have another review out for a long time after this one. This is really the only new item I've got on hand to review. But if it's gonna be a one-off, it might as well be a good one, right? :D

Excellent review. I should have mine back soon since Bob shipped them out yesterday. I'm hoping I enjoy them more now that the drivers have been replaced and tested. Time will tell I guess.
I hope your new one sounds good. I'd suggest to stay away from the orange and purple filters. Being treble-focused, they're quite sharp and really weren't good for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back