TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 26, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #17,656 of 24,683
That's too bad... I bet they would have been something else if he had made them a more natural sounding IEM. I don't think he put enough time into it.
Well hopefully it was just mine since they were a one off. I had mine made with the new modular cable system. I will say they have killer detail that is for sure. They fit like a glove and I could wear them for hours with no ear fatigue.

May 26, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #17,657 of 24,683
I modded my own tips of varying makes with slices of foam from earplugs called Howard leight max light ( so like kombi ), the foam memory is amazing and they are realy extremely soft foam, i just cut a earplug into slices of the right depth and made a hole for the nozzle/earplug centre.
Bit of experimenting and worked like a charm, good memory and isolation if needed ( dont always require on some iems) and they are very cheap on amazon about £3.50 for 20 pairs.
Plus once the memory on the foam runs out , just cut new ones.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #17,661 of 24,683
I modded my own tips of varying makes with slices of foam from earplugs called Howard leight max light ( so like kombi ), the foam memory is amazing and they are realy extremely soft foam, i just cut a earplug into slices of the right depth and made a hole for the nozzle/earplug centre.
Bit of experimenting and worked like a charm, good memory and isolation if needed ( dont always require on some iems) and they are very cheap on amazon about £3.50 for 20 pairs.
Plus once the memory on the foam runs out , just cut new ones.

could you please share some pictures of your own version of tips?

May 26, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #17,665 of 24,683
I think the BA makes a substantial difference. Compared to the Vyrus 1 there is a big difference, but I haven't tried to the Vyrus 2. I like to use my Vyrus 1 for knock around work that I need an IEM for, but the Delta is much more musical IMO cuz of the BA.
I think the sound quality is almost there (not quite, but closer than the original pricing would've suggested), but yes, like I said, the biggest difference was in presentation. The fact that the Delta was a hybrid sets it apart in how it presented the music. The original Delta was very good. In fact, the original trio of Trinity IEMs were all stellar in their own regards.

May 26, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #17,666 of 24,683
I think the sound quality is almost there (not quite, but closer than the original pricing would've suggested), but yes, like I said, the biggest difference was in presentation. The fact that the Delta was a hybrid sets it apart in how it presented the music. The original Delta was very good. In fact, the original trio of Trinity IEMs were all stellar in their own regards.

I agree. They had a nice variation...

It baffles me why BOB pulled away from the more agreeable sound signature of the Delta vII and went in the direction of these spiky, treble peaked sound signatures that haven't come close to living up to the hype that the Delta did.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 26, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #17,667 of 24,683
I agree. They had a nice variation...

It baffles me why BOB pulled away from the more agreeable sound signature of the Delta vII and went in the direction of these spiky, treble peaked sound signatures that haven't come close to living up to the hype that the Delta did.
It would be interesting to see if you were to give someone who didn't know anything about either the Master or Delta (OG or V2), which one would they like better? And another point of speculation: since Bob claims the Icarus III is the more emotional one of the lineup (interpret however you may), does that mean that perhaps the Icarus III will be closer to the Delta style? Because if they dropped that out altogether, I think it would be a bit of a loss. They had a good thing going with the first couple of Deltas. Short-lived, but good stuff.

May 26, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #17,668 of 24,683
Well, finally got delivery of the Master in Toronto and been listening for about 45 minutes, and must say I prefer it by miles over the PM4. Thanks Trinity!

@Bobtrinity
Received the PM6 today in Toronto and listening right now. These are so much lighter than the Master but must admit I like the overall weight & feel on the Master. Regardless, both definitely feel special.

I've been listening to the LZ A4 for few months now and love the low-end (oohh that sub-bass I tell ya!), and wish the Master & PM6 came a little closer in that regards.

May 26, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #17,669 of 24,683
Received the PM6 today in Toronto and listening right now. These are so much lighter than the Master but must admit I like the overall weight & feel on the Master. Regardless, both definitely feel special.

I've been listening to the LZ A4 for few months now and love the low-end (oohh that sub-bass I tell ya!), and wish the Master & PM6 came a little closer in that regards.

So are you kinda saying you like the LZ A4 more? If yes how so just the bass? How do other aspects compare?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back