TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 24, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #17,522 of 24,683
Have you ordered any other IEMs? I'm treble sensitive (yay! now I have something to look forward to when I get old!) and found the Master did not give me the issues that the PM4 did.

Just joking about getting old lol. We're all like fine wines, improving with age :D

Oh, and congratulations on your 100th post! You are now officially a 100+ Head-Fier :)

Thank you! Didn't know I hit 100 posts!

Yes, age has its benefits. lol.... treble harsh iems never get sibilant! Actually, I wondered immediately, after receiving my pm4's, as to whether others would chime in about the hot upper frequencies. I had no such obvious complaints but from time to time I could hear these weird overtones in the upper register. I found it intriguing.

As for ordering other IEM's? I have the hunter and icarus III eventually incoming. No tracking showing up on my account or email, so I'm assuming they'll eventually get out to me. My current rotation is as follows: RHA ma750, Sony xba a3, westone um20 pro, fidue a83, re400, vyrus I, delta v1, pm4, master, 1more triples, pinnacle p1.

If I had to order these by preference, which is hard cause they have such different sound signatures, and I love them all:
Sony A3 --> pinnacle p1 --> westone um20 --> delta v1 --> master --> fidue a83 --> pm4 --> 1more triples --> rha ma750 --> re400

May 25, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #17,525 of 24,683
I've been constantly checking my emails and I haven't received anything. I wasn't really expecting anything anyway. Glad to hear they gave you tracking even though you didn't pay for it. I honestly believe that I'll be the very last person here to receive my PM6s because of my location.

You mentioned that it was Royal Mail. Does that mean they shipped it directly to you instead of going through the Atlanta location?
That's correct. Straight from HQ. I think in an effort to get everything out to people as soon as possible, they're doing this rather than routing through the Alabama location. Pretty much, my understanding is that North American orders will get items shipped out of Alabama if they're in-stock items. Alabama acts as kind of a warehouse. Since these recent orders are just trying to get things straight out without bulk shipping, they're not routing through Alabama. My interpretation anyway.

May 25, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #17,526 of 24,683
A refresh for people looking for details on filters, it's all here : https://www.trinityaudioengineering.com/pages/filters-explained

It helped me a lot and I'm now happy with Gold Damped filter. I just need to find the right tips as the Master still feel quite uncomfortable in my ears. Currently using medium kombi, it provides good seal but it hurts after a short while. I hope it's not due to the weight of the Masters...

Consider running the cables back behind your neck of you aren't already. That switch has helped a few people

Edit* sorry to repeat answers already given. I should have read further

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #17,527 of 24,683
Consider running the cables back behind your neck of you aren't already. That switch has helped a few people

Edit* sorry to repeat answers already given. I should have read further

Not a problem!
At least you made an effort to help~

May 25, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #17,528 of 24,683
Just received my Master 6 in Brussels, Belgium yesterday.
They are a very detailed set of earphones, the separation is impressive and soundstage is very good to me.
They came with a carrying case and a box of Kombi's.
Still playing around with the filters and tips.
On a side note, I have been enjoying the Master for a couple of weeks now, and though the cables provided with the Master 6 are those I have been used to with Trinity (with the notable difference of the connectors fitting perfectly, tight without having to struggle to fit them), I totally understand why Bob wanted to go with the new cabling system with the Master 6. I had my doubt at first, but I now have 100% confidence in Trinity's modular cabling system. The quality of this new system (cable(s) as well as connection and connectors) is absolutely stunning

May 25, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #17,529 of 24,683
Just received my Master 6 in Brussels, Belgium yesterday.
They are a very detailed set of earphones, the separation is impressive and soundstage is very good to me.
They came with a carrying case and a box of Kombi's.
Still playing around with the filters and tips.
On a side note, I have been enjoying the Master for a couple of weeks now, and though the cables provided with the Master 6 are those I have been used to with Trinity (with the notable difference of the connectors fitting perfectly, tight without having to struggle to fit them), I totally understand why Bob wanted to go with the new cabling system with the Master 6. I had my doubt at first, but I now have 100% confidence in Trinity's modular cabling system. The quality of this new system (cable(s) as well as connection and connectors) is absolutely stunning
Oh yes, and an apology note from Bob was slipped in the parcel too!

May 25, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #17,531 of 24,683
Not sure what it say's about this thread, but that other one is quite silent. The past few months involving Trinity have certainly been a trial in patience. Still looking forward to reviews of those headfi members with any experience to compare the Hunter to determine if there is any possibility of how close it is to a TOTL.

I think it depends on what you expect a "TOTL" sound to actually sound like, I think. They have a very heavy emphasis on detail - it's not necessarily that they are pulling a load more out of the tracks I am listening to than something like my Campfire Andromeda or Vega, but the micro details that are there are more present. They also do very well with spatial cues and "room noise", lending a sense of realism to the sound.

They lean towards the more analytical and crystalline side of things rather than warm and organic for me (presumably why Bob is running the Icarus line, to cover more of that type of sound), so definitely sound more technical than anything else I have heard from Trinity. Whether you deem that the defining factor for a flagship or not is down to preference - they are not as well rounded as the Andromeda for my personal taste, but they offer a few things in terms of staging and crispness which the Andro didn't (and isn't tuned to).

Best example I can give is the difference between the Rhapsodio Galaxy V2 and the Campfire Vega - both are considered TOTL single DD IEMs, both are over $1000, yet the Vega sounds huge and full and the Galaxy is a much sharper, leaner affair with more pronounced detail perception but less body and viscerality as a trade-off. If you listen closely, the Vega still packs in a lot of detail, but presents it differently. This is how I hear the Hunter - something different from the IEMs I currently have access to, but certainly playing in the higher tier of sound with the right filters.

It won't be for everyone, and I think people who prefer brighter sounds will probably enjoy more of what it has to offer, but as I am personally a fan of warmer and darker signatures and can still find plenty of ear time for this piece of gear, that should day something about its overall achievement.

Is it TOTL worthy? For some people it will be, others will find a flaw they can't overlook (probably the sharpness). For me, at the price I paid this is a truly impressive technical achievement, and has that certain something I can't put my finger on that keeps me listening. It's certainly not perfect for everyone, but at £400 paid including 2 8-wire Litz cables (coming soon) I don't think you can fault the value.

As always, YMMV. Members like @Neotribal and a few other more vocal thread posters are starting to receive them now, so you should get a general consensus starting to appear soon.

May 25, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #17,532 of 24,683
For anyone interested in the sizes of the Phantom range, I have uploaded some images.The really amazing thing to me is how small the Hunter is, only very slightly larger than the Sabre!

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
2.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 0
May 25, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #17,533 of 24,683
I found that the Kombi's were the hardest to fit, followed by Comply then Foam. The foam tips gave me the best seal but Kombi's gave me the right balance.

For the Kombi's and comply tips I followed another Head-fier's suggestion which was to invert the outer silicon against the filter (leaving the inner part facing towards the filter). Then try wiggling the inner part of the tip into the filters. (Hoping you'll get the gist of it)

Thanks for that. I have actually been using that technique, but still find them very slippery. Once I've got the inner sleeves engaged it often slips off when I try to push it further down the filter. May have to try the foam tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back