TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 24, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #17,491 of 24,683
I have had my master about 7 weeks now and I'm certain there opening up more and noticing a bit more detail.
This could be placebo and also i have mostly been using the opus1 which i have only had about 4 weeks so that could be a bit of burn in too, anyone else think they have improved after extensive use??

May 24, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #17,492 of 24,683
caught the last few pages of the thread after i pre-ordered a pair of icarus iv . i'll report back next year shall i ?

May 24, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #17,494 of 24,683
Thank you for your detailed observations. Reading your post reminds me of when I was trying to figure out the exact nature of the sibilance I was hearing on the pm4. The difficulty from my perspective is that as I'm at that age where I'm losing my high end hearing. I'm not able to consistently hear the detailed high end nuances I once could in my younger days (!).

The good thing is, even with the pm4, I've dialed things, with a combo of filter and tips, to where the sibilance and high end harshness is negligible. It's been a minor, minor source of frustration only because I listen quite a bit to my fidue a83's and the a83's remind me that you can have alot of high end detail without the harshness. I'm not saying the sound is in any way similar, because they aren't, with the a83's mids more recessed as compared to the pm4 (or masters).

Have you ordered any other IEMs? I'm treble sensitive (yay! now I have something to look forward to when I get old!) and found the Master did not give me the issues that the PM4 did.

Just joking about getting old lol. We're all like fine wines, improving with age :D

Oh, and congratulations on your 100th post! You are now officially a 100+ Head-Fier :)

May 24, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #17,495 of 24,683
My PM6 has arrived to London, I can't believe it. Sounding pretty good so far.

Only thing is, the colour isn't exactly "matt black". It's actually pretty glossy and reflective and a bit of a fingerprint magnet. Other than that no complaints.

Grr.. I ordered matte black too. I didn't want a shiny black like on my PM4.. Hey ho...
I'm in London too.
Maybe mine are around somewhere, lurking :p

May 24, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #17,496 of 24,683
Maybe mine are around somewhere, lurking :p

Actually, scratch that. If they were lurking secretly, they'd be a Hunter.

Whereas the PM6...
What do PM's do?
Was about to make a joke, then remembered the Head-Fi ban on discussing politics. Presumably even in a jovial manner lol.
You can think of your own punchlines :D

May 24, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #17,497 of 24,683
My PM6 has arrived to London, I can't believe it. Sounding pretty good so far.

Only thing is, the colour isn't exactly "matt black". It's actually pretty glossy and reflective and a bit of a fingerprint magnet. Other than that no complaints.
Nice! Can you tell us please what accessories you got and how many cables comes in the box? Do you got LITZ cable? Would be nice to see some pictures as well. Many thanks

May 24, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #17,498 of 24,683
Nice! Can you tell us please what accessories you got and how many cables comes in the box? Do you got LITZ cable? Would be nice to see some pictures as well. Many thanks

I've got Kombi M tips and a case. One braided cable with memory wire, one without memory wire, and the fabric cable with the mic. Litz cables were never promised with the PM6.

May 24, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #17,500 of 24,683
Initial PM6 impressions (I'm very inexperienced in audio description and only ever owned a Shure SE315 and a pair of Sabres, so I am very far from being an expert):
Using X5iii, Poweramp and red filters(I'm a bit of a bass head it turns out). Soundstage and detail is amazing. Bass is lush and rich, mids and vocals feel natural and nicely separated.
One not very positive thing is that I did pick up some harsh upper frequencies in pretty much every genre. After some EQ experimenting I discovered that turning 2kHz almost all the way down fixes it for me. Might be just a personal sensitivity to that frequency, I put on a 2kHz tone on youtube on my speakers and its awful, you could literally torture me with it. Anyone else notice this?

May 24, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #17,503 of 24,683
We'll see. I have an unknown package waiting for me at the post office. Could be a PM6, could be cleaning for my sink. Either way, I'm happy. :ksc75smile:

Just don't get overexcited and stick cleaner in your ears, or the PM6 down your sink :D

May 24, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #17,505 of 24,683
Not sure if a balanced cable is acceptable to ask for. Think I will go for the 3.5mm and 6.3mm though, Already have a balanced cable I can use with my Hunter, although it's only a Black Dragon from Moon Audio I originally bought for my original UE TripleFi 10 from 11 years ago. Usually when I preorder something from Trinity, it takes exactly three weeks to be delivered. But at least I know now about when to expect a package and can prepare accordingly.
Your Moon Audio cable was for your UE TripleFi? Hate to tell you, but that's not gonna fit with the Hunter. That era of UE cabling used 0.75mm pins. It would've fit the Vyrus 1, Sabre, and PM4, but that's it. The current industry standard is 0.78mm pins which is what is being used in this first batch of Hunters and PM6s. Looks like you might wanna ask for one of your cables to be balanced after all.

Awesome! Thanks Midgetguy Tracking Services! I didn't pay for tracking so hopefully yours being shipped means mine being shipped to the middle of nowhere shortly.
You're quite welcome! And you might wanna keep an eye on your email. I didn't pay for tracked shipping when I bought my Hunter, I chose the free shipping option. Let's hope I don't have to worry about import fees because I'm not gonna be home when they show up.

caught the last few pages of the thread after i pre-ordered a pair of icarus iv . i'll report back next year shall i ?
Sounds about right :thumbsup:

We'll see. I have an unknown package waiting for me at the post office. Could be a PM6, could be cleaning for my sink. Either way, I'm happy. :ksc75smile:
I'm sure you'll be happier receiving one of them rather than the other. It's the cleaning supplies, right? You REALLY wanted those cleaning supplies :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back