TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 30, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #15,962 of 24,683
Well, if this is truly the case, I would have to somehow redo the order of the Icarus III into the order for the Master IEMs, I would much more prefer the analytical IEM instead of V-shaped, since I believe, in general, that the IEM inherently are bassy...

My understanding of the sound signature of the Icarus III - having seen the description of it at its page at the Trinity website, was the organic, 3d like sound, not the "fun", bass rich V signature.
Thick mids, in my opinion, nevertheless, should be a really good thing.

I think the only true test would be testing the both IEMs.

Don't know if you had a chance to watch Bob's vid before it was taken down but he addressed that question saying out of the two the Icarus III is the emotional one. I can only assume what he meant but out of the two the Master should have been the more balanced set. My impression though based purely on what l read is that the Master is far from being analytic or neutral.
Since there are no frequency graphs or any more info it's really impossible to tell, but if l go by what Bob had said the Icarus III has 'emotional' sound signature.

Apr 30, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #15,964 of 24,683
I'm really liking the masters so far, but it worries me that I cannot replace the upper half of the cable because I have had multiple cables on other iem's that failed right where the cable comes out of the earpiece after 6 months or so. Also, I'm using the gunmetal filters right now, but I think I need sharper highs. Is there a filter that retains the solid bass of the gunmetal filters but has sharper highs at the same time? I read the filter explanations but most of them don't make much sense to me.

Apr 30, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #15,965 of 24,683
I'm really liking the masters so far, but it worries me that I cannot replace the upper half of the cable because I have had multiple cables on other iem's that failed right where the cable comes out of the earpiece after 6 months or so. Also, I'm using the gunmetal filters right now, but I think I need sharper highs. Is there a filter that retains the solid bass of the gunmetal filters but has sharper highs at the same time? I read the filter explanations but most of them don't make much sense to me.

Have you tried the black-dampened filters?

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #15,966 of 24,683
Though I've received my PM4 and Lanyard, I'm still waiting for the PM6, Hunter, Master, "Pure Silver" litz cable, IcarusI, and Lanyard replacement (what ever that's gonna be).
I can stand waiting for an IEM pre-order since, unlike smartphones, tech isn't gonna change much but the lack of truth from TA is getting on my nerves.
Please Bob, just send me my Masters ASAP and tell us when we're supposed to receive the rest of our orders.

May 1, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #15,967 of 24,683
Though I've received my PM4 and Lanyard, I'm still waiting for the PM6, Hunter, Master, "Pure Silver" litz cable, IcarusI, and Lanyard replacement (what ever that's gonna be).
I can stand waiting for an IEM pre-order since, unlike smartphones, tech isn't gonna change much but the lack of truth from TA is getting on my nerves.
Please Bob, just send me my Masters ASAP and tell us when we're supposed to receive the rest of our orders.

They have a bit of a debacle on their hands... I was checking out the KS for the Airs and there are charging and drop problems with them and the same story here... No updates and false promises.

This makes me nervous since I invested in the Hunters. I do say that the what seems to be a possible success with the masters does give me some hope, it is not reassuring enough.

I hope we get some word from @Bobtrinity because right now we are entering our 5th month of postponements and still no reliable word, let alone much word, for a long time.

This has been a very unpleasant buying experience that could have easily been avoided.

May 1, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #15,968 of 24,683
Try the gold undamped and green they retain the bass and highs are there also. But I think tips are as important as the filters with these. I can only use the included foam for a great fit and coherent sound. Any non foam just don't work for me.

May 1, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #15,969 of 24,683
Does anyone really believe that any Hunter or PM6 been shipped for the last 9 weeks as we were told?
No word on the Atlas Delta that weeks ago l was planning to order and glad l didn't because this could have been very frustrating. Only Vyrus, Master and a few Air have popped up.

May 1, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #15,970 of 24,683
Does anyone really believe that any Hunter or PM6 been shipped for the last 9 weeks as we were told?
No word on the Atlas Delta that weeks ago l was planning to order and glad l didn't because this could have been very frustrating. Only Vyrus, Master and a few Air have popped up.

I don't believe any amount of these products have been shipped.

I am glad the masters have come around, but I ordered the AD and Hunter and have been told these are being shipped on several different occasions over the past couple of months.

This misinformation is quite unsettling.

May 1, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #15,971 of 24,683
Wow! That Kickstarter page is disturbing.
:frowning2:
Only a few Airs delivered and no-one seems to be happy - 30 minutes battery life and dropouts?
And no PM6 delivery. I know Bob said that head-fiers only made up a "fraction" of customers, but Kickstarter? They were the first to order, and if Bob is telling the truth about the majority of the PM6 having been made and sent, how come "no" Kickstarter backers have received anything? That makes absolutely no sense, someone there, especially if in the UK surely must have received products..
We are now going into May, and even the kickstarter guys haven't had updates... and it looks like they're losing patience.
:frowning2:

May 1, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #15,972 of 24,683
Apparently we were told the last batch that hasn't been put together and shipped is mostly Head-Fi members. Hmm, right.
I think it's time to tell customers what is really going on. People are not stupid, some invested a chunk of money and backed the company and deserved an explanation. If no one received anything from KS, and Audio Sanctuary pulled the Hunter and PM6 down from their website it tells me that they haven't shipped them. I would love to be proved wrong.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #15,974 of 24,683
Apparently we were told the last batch that hasn't been put together and shipped is mostly Head-Fi members. Hmm, right.
I think it's time to tell customers what is really going on. People are not stupid, some invested a chunk of money and backed the company and deserved an explanation. If no one received anything from KS, and Audio Sanctuary pulled the Hunter and PM6 down from their website it tells me that they haven't shipped them. I would love to be proved wrong.

Yea. Looks like KS is crashing like this thread from March. It's unfortunate for Trinity. They had something fantastic going on. I hope they can recover from this. It was so pleasant following this thread last year and now it's just a mess.

May 1, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #15,975 of 24,683
Pretty interesting. I remember Bob said theMaster is more analytical while the Icarus III has emotional sound signature. Not sure how it translates to what people report here. If that's the case l think the Icarus III will have an even more V shape sound signature with thick mids. Also, is there a cable with mic and inline remote for the Master? IIRC it was first advertised to come with one.

If someone could post a photo of how they sit in the ears it will be very much appreciated.

I was curious about that as well. I don't find the master at all analytical. In fact I find it very musical IEM. However if the fit isn't perfect perhaps then it might sound a little bit more analytical once the bass has less impact because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back