TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 18, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #14,671 of 24,683
Think thats bad? Ive backed up more than 20 projects (26), 4 are still "on time", 20 were delivered of which 12 were in average 3 months late,; 1 went MIA (Vago) and the other was a bad product (magcable), i received 2 cables, one non-working and one working used cable...

Just to shed a little light on kickstarter.

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #14,672 of 24,683
Think thats bad? Ive backed up more than 20 projects (26), 4 are still "on time", 20 were delivered of which 12 were in average 3 months late,; 1 went MIA (Vago) and the other was a bad product (magcable), i received 2 cables, one non-working and one working used cable...

perhaps some reflection? even a change in investing strategy? :rofl: (just a joke not hostile)

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #14,673 of 24,683
   Can't compare pizza and headphones.

Deep yet crispy bass, warm and liquid mids, but a bit hot in the top end
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #14,676 of 24,683
Have just cancelled the order of the Atlas Delta and I feel absolutely terrible.
Jake didn't answered to the emails, so I called him. Actually, he stated, that they have already sent them a month ago, but now he sayed: next week...
That's very, very sad guys. But that's what we have.
I really look forward, that they will do all the best to provide the left orders for everyone else. For me, that was too long, but I would wait, if they wouldn't lie.

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #14,677 of 24,683
I experienced delays with my Trinity Delta II's; which were worth the wait.  Trinity is in a complete "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation with communications at this stage and one of the down sides of being active on boards.  From everything I gathered about Trinity, they are a barebones operation which makes sense given their high value, low price products.  Falling on their swords early; "Folks, were very disappointed to tell you we will not be making our shipping deadlines(which should have been apparent 2-3 months prior to the shipping date).  We are excited by the products that are headed your way and want to ensure they exceed your expectations.  We will get them to your ears as soon as humanly possible.  We sincerely appreciate your patronage."  Instead, they took comments personally(don't blame them) made some hollow, contradictory statements that only fueled more intarwebs speculation and rage.  This thread should definitely be a case studio on e-commerce pitfalls.

I'm really disappointed I have yet to receive my Masters, but given what I paid and my experience with my Delta II's; I'll continue to wait it out. However, despite Trinity's hefty discounts as compensation for the shipping difficulties; I'll be exploring some domestic offerings like Periodic Audio's Be IEM.

I truly hope Trinity can survive this debacle.  They offered a great product for a tremendous value. Competition creates innovation and benefits the consumer.  May they learn from their missteps and thrive in the future.  We'll all be better off for it.

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #14,678 of 24,683
  For all you know 2000 have been ordered...That counter doesn't even change, it just keeps saying 2 left.

That's not a counter, that's written text. :p The items are sold out on the site... They only add new ones when people get a refund.

**edit** Nice Ninja Edit there, by the way. :p I won't make my own, I throw money at people to do it for me.

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #14,679 of 24,683

perhaps some reflection? even a change in investing strategy? :rofl: (just a joke not hostile)

Why? Risk is good. :) Being first on new stuff is always a nice feeling!

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #14,683 of 24,683
I can understand being annoyed, but I honestly do not have ANY belief that Bob / Trinity has lied or been dishonest. I think that saying so is libelous. Saying that they're "shipping next week" and they don't ship is, I think in Bob's case, absolutely NOT a lie. A mismanagement of things? Or miscommunications from vendors? Very likely. But not a lie nor dishonesty. There's a HUGE difference.

I've seen hundreds of companies get into all sorts of not too different engineering / manufacturing delays digging themselves deep into problems. I've even seen out-and-out lying, and this ain't it.

That said, I believe that business planning mistakes; mismanaging the massive design changes; etc. are all likely, but not lying!

That is essentially how I see it. I have always regarded these 'early bird' heavy discount pre-orders as a form of crowd funding. The wait can be frustrating as I am excited to receive my new IEMs but appreciate that delays are almost inevitable. I have to say though that I am heartened by the Vyrus 2's. I have used these heavily since they arrived and consider them a substantial upgrade over the originals in terms of build quality and reliability. If the other IEMs I am waiting for match that quality then the wait will have proven worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back