TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 13, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #14,191 of 24,683
Здравствуйте, я также заказал Delta Atlas уже устал спорить с ребятами из Тринити писал, что они вернут деньги, но они писали, что наушники уже послал его, они написали мне 28 марта, я из Молдовы, и до сих пор наушники сделал не приходить . Я очень разочарован в этой компании.

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #14,192 of 24,683

I guess that describes me pretty spot on as well. I understand people's frustrations, and I'm not faulting them for feeling that way, it just doesn't bother me in the same way. I've done preorders before where no product was ever received and not even a tiny bit of communication happened. While I acknowledge this hasn't been the best preorder I've partaken in, it's not the worst either. So, I'll sit back with some beers and the occasional two fingers of some good scotch and await my IEM's eventual arrival. 
beerchug.gif

Worst preorder I've been in. But like you, it bothers me less than some others. They have a right to be miffed about how this has all gone, guess I'm just more mellow than the average person. Cuz the average person would not be happy.

Здравствуйте, я также заказал Delta Atlas уже устал спорить с ребятами из Тринити писал, что они вернут деньги, но они писали, что наушники уже послал его, они написали мне 28 марта, я из Молдовы, и до сих пор наушники сделал не приходить . Я очень разочарован в этой компании.

Google translate for us non-Russians:
Hello, I also ordered Delta Atlas already tired of arguing with the guys from Trinity wrote that they will return the money, but they wrote that the headphones had already sent it, they wrote me on March 28, I'm from Moldova, and still did not get headphones. I am very disappointed in this company.

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #14,193 of 24,683

LOL maybe type in English next time? 

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #14,194 of 24,683
translated:

Hello, I also ordered Delta Atlas already tired of arguing with the guys from Trinity wrote that they will return the money, but they wrote that the headphones had already sent it, they wrote me on March 28, I'm from Moldova, and still did not make headphones. I am very disappointed in this company.

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #14,196 of 24,683
  Much like the gunmetal filters, I'm going with a kind of neutral vibe
tongue_smile.gif

I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy anyway*.
They'll get here when they get here and as long as they actually *do* get here, it's all good (for me at least; appreciate other's have different priorities).
Bob's been far too good to me (personally) for me to even think of kicking him when he's down.
I totally understand people's frustration and disappointment and desire for clarity; not wishing to dismiss or diminish that in any way.
I heard a good saying the other day though:
"If something or someone is annoying/offending you, ask yourself if you'd still be bothered about it in 20 years. If not, just let it go"
beerchug.gif

Easier to say than do I guess, but a worthwhile thing to aim for
regular_smile .gif

*actually, less 'glass half full' and more like "There were beers? There were beers?! Why did I not know about this?!"
etysmile.gif

OK, I understand You. Fortunately, I have more IEM to listen to. I don't doubt that I will receive my Hunter IEM in the end (sometimes in the future ...). I also believe, that I will love them. But when it comes to question, if I want to go through something similar in the future again, the answer is clear. NO I DON'T WANT TO.
Waiting for 6 months or more for standard IEM? Even if I order completely custom IEM, I can have them MUCH MUCH faster, than this.
For me, the biggest problem of Trinity is, that they don't have nearly anything on stock and if You want some of their IEM, You need to wait for Trinity to develop and manufacture them. And when IEMs are finished, it usually is sold out and discontinued. So You can hardly buy anything from Trinity without "preorder".
Great for Trinity, not so good for customers ...

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #14,197 of 24,683

And when IEMs are finished, it usually is sold out and discontinued. 

Key point for those defending them with the discount argument.

Trinity sets MSRP and only (or for the most part) sells @ a discount. The discounted price (20% minimum with the headfi coupon, and potentially more via social media, etc) is the real MSRP. Once the run is sold out, they move on to a new product -- rarely ever selling anything @ MSRP.

I've been trying to be a customer for over a year now. It drives me nuts that so many people haven't caught on to this.

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #14,198 of 24,683

Trinity sets MSRP and only (or for the most part) sells @ a discount. The discounted price (20% minimum with the headfi coupon, and potentially more via social media, etc) is the real MSRP. Once the run is sold out, they move on to a new product -- rarely ever selling anything @ MSRP.

I've been trying to be a customer for over a year now. It drives me nuts that so many people haven't caught on to this.

I mean, you really should be judging it based on the average price it's being sold for anyway just as a general rule of thumb. The Hyperion is a fantastic IEM for 25 pounds (price I paid back then) and it's a steal for 10 pounds currently when you use the 50% off code. But yeah, it's kind of like see pricing on items on Amazon, where they cross out the "MSRP" and say you save whatever amount of money from MSRP, but you literally see it at that price all the time, then that's really the actual price. If they had a seller that was doing this, then the MSRP moniker would still stand, but they price it that way themselves, so even if that's the price they would ideally set it to without discounts, the reality is that there never ISN'T a discount.

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #14,199 of 24,683

The only model from the Trinity series I've tried is the PM4, so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt. Trinity's MSRP in this case is the competitive price range that they sell models at. The PM4 for example, had a MSRP ~$200. That's one of the most competitive price ranges when it comes to IEMs nowadays, and I believe it's a fantastic IEM in terms of sound quality that can compete with the rest. However, I purchased it on black friday for ~$100. It has stellar value at the discounted price, and that's why I've stuck with Trinity. 

MSRP rarely matters in any case. Many products have ridiculous MSRPs where they actually sell at much lower prices, and this definitely doesn't just apply to Trinity. Look at Amazon's prices vs Audio Technica or Sennheisers on their website. 

It may be your opinion that one of Trinity's products is only worth it at their discounted price, but for myself they're worth it at Trinity's MSRP. 

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #14,200 of 24,683
  I mean, you really should be judging it based on the average price it's being sold for

Then I think we agree -- Trinity products MSRP is not what is listed. Let's assume the minimum average of 20% since I haven't been following all the sales and coupon codes to give the actual number, which should be higher since we've seen $100 off codes, 30% and even 50%.  We should all assume trinity IEMS are AT LEAST 20% off the listed MSRP -- bare minimum. 

There is little room for the "but we got a discount" argument -- especially when compared to similar competing models. The specs match those in the price class. This doesn't seem too hidden, to me. Example: My Atlas (which I loved) is certainly comparable to the 1More Triples being sold for $100, which is about what I paid for the Atlas via Kickstarter. The fact that dual driver hybrid options (Icarus III and master)  are currently in the $200 price bracket + 20% off makes them the price I'd expect for a dual setup (Like the Rockjaw resonator.) 

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #14,201 of 24,683
  I mean, you really should be judging it based on the average price it's being sold for anyway just as a general rule of thumb. The Hyperion is a fantastic IEM for 25 pounds (price I paid back then) and it's a steal for 10 pounds currently when you use the 50% off code. But yeah, it's kind of like see pricing on items on Amazon, where they cross out the "MSRP" and say you save whatever amount of money from MSRP, but you literally see it at that price all the time, then that's really the actual price. If they had a seller that was doing this, then the MSRP moniker would still stand, but they price it that way themselves, so even if that's the price they would ideally set it to without discounts, the reality is that there never ISN'T a discount.

​OK, great. But think about following case, You would pay them and than You are waiting for 6 months for Your IEM. Than Bob said, your IEM was shipped. After another month, Bob said, that they will be shipped next week. Than next week, next week ...
Would You buy new one, after they break? Even if they sounded amazing, I wouldn't.

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #14,202 of 24,683

Then I think we agree -- Trinity products MSRP is not what is listed. Let's assume the minimum average of 20% since I haven't been following all the sales and coupon codes to give the actual number, which should be higher since we've seen $100 off codes, 30% and even 50%.  We should all assume trinity IEMS are AT LEAST 20% off the listed MSRP -- bare minimum. 

There is little room for the "but we got a discount" argument -- especially when compared to similar competing models. The specs match those in the price class. This doesn't seem too hidden, to me.

The others are delivered though and some of us have yet to have a product delivered.

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #14,204 of 24,683

​OK, great. But think about following case, You would pay them and than You are waiting for 6 months for Your IEM. Than Bob said, your IEM was shipped. After another month, Bob said, that they will be shipped next week. Than next week, next week ...
Would You buy new one, after they break? Even if they sounded amazing, I wouldn't.

You sure you quoted the right post? Cuz I'm just not following anything you're saying there in connection to my quoted post. I mentioned nothing about delivery or pre-orders, we were talking about pricing. I'm not saying you're wrong or that you don't have a valid argument, but please quote the correct post or else we just have no context for what you're saying (if you intended to have context because why else would you quote something?).

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #14,205 of 24,683

I meant the first part of Your post. You mentioned, they are great for 25 pounds and steal for 10 pounds.
Which I can agree with. I have Delta V-II and Master 4. Great IEM. But than I asked my question. Would You buy them again after all of this?
I think this is also quite important question for Trinity, because it seems, that more and more people are getting angry about the recent affairs.

edit: and not just here on Head-Fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back