TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 13, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #14,146 of 24,683
  Why are you selling if I may ask?

To my ears they have a 'tizzy' quality to the treble that the filters don't resolve. 

I heard an early prototype at a show a year or so ago (maybe more, I can't remember) & I - and the 2 guys next to me that were trying them - thought they were "too smooth" but we were told that'd be changed in production. Personally, I preferred the "too" smooth approach over how they are now.

I'm sure there're plenty of people who will love them, but I had the same issue with the Delta (v1's) so guess the core Trinity house sound is not for me.

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #14,148 of 24,683
  To my ears they have a 'tizzy' quality to the treble that the filters don't resolve. 

I heard an early prototype at a show a year or so ago (maybe more, I can't remember) & I - and the 2 guys next to me that were trying them - thought they were "too smooth" but we were told that'd be changed in production. Personally, I preferred the "too" smooth approach over how they are now.

I'm sure there're plenty of people who will love them, but I had the same issue with the Delta (v1's) so guess the core Trinity house sound is not for me.

Interesting. I haven't had any problems with my Delta I, but everyone processes and handles different frequencies different ways. 

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #14,149 of 24,683
I am very much looking forward to getting my Hunter and Atlas-Delta.
Think I will listen to some Rush first.

"Witch Hunt"​

The night is black
Without a moon
The air is thick and still
The vigilantes gather on
The lonely torch lit hill

Features distorted in the flickering light
The faces are twisted and grotesque
Silent and stern in the sweltering night
The mob moves like demons possessed
Quiet in conscience, calm in their right
Confident their ways are best

The righteous rise
With burning eyes
Of hatred and ill-will
Madmen fed on fear and lies
To beat and burn and kill

They say there are strangers who threaten us
In our immigrants and infidels
They say there is strangeness too dangerous
In our theaters and bookstore shelves
That those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves

Quick to judge
Quick to anger
Slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand...​

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #14,150 of 24,683
Still no detailed impressions of the Master? I'm pretty bored with all the misinformation and incompetence. Want to cancel my order to show my disappointment with how the company has been doing business but would be kicking myself if the Master turns out to be an awesome IEM. If the consensus is it's only average before mine arrive I will be cancelling.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #14,151 of 24,683
Ah yes, the lack-of-shipping backlash has returned and not unwarranted. As much I'd like to see Trinity Audio succeed (and I've been a long-time supporter), they're making it really hard to like their actions of late.

I'm in the US and here's what I know that doesn't add up: much of the bulk shipment should have been sent to Alabama 2 weeks ago and if they have all the postage sorted out stateside (like they said they did) just waiting for packages to stick it on, then they should have began going out end of last week and beginning of this week which means they should show up to some people by the end of this week if their send-out volume is as high as they claim it is. We're one day away from the end of the usual work week and I'm thinking the odds of anyone in here in the US getting their order, ANY order, delivered by tomorrow is about the same as the odds of the Seattle Mariners getting to the MLB World Series final (not winning, just getting there): aka, not gonna happen.

One of these days, they've gotta learn what it means to give accurate information. It's like being in a canoe with no paddles stuck in the middle of a lake and the rescue operator says he'll be there with an extra paddle for you in 5 minutes, but he said that 4 days ago and now you're cold and have pneumonia.

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #14,155 of 24,683
Has anyone read the Malcolm Gladwell book called 'The Tipping Point'? 

I haven't, but it's on my bookshelf, waiting.
tongue_smile.gif

I imagine it describes moments like these
popcorn.gif

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #14,158 of 24,683
I'm pretty frustrated as well, I'm not gonna request refund at this point, though. I budgeted that money a way a while ago, I've gotten numb to the shock of waiting, and honestly, given the hefty discounts I got on both of the IEMs, I don't know that I'm going to get a comparable IEM even with the refund money. But, this sure has been a learning experience... 

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #14,159 of 24,683
and... they just dropped the price of the vyrus v2 by 10 pounds.  
it sucks that my first thought is '****, they have an IEM they can actually ship and are getting cancelled sales left and right, so they drop the price to try to save some of the losses from the other items they can't handle'.

also if they're updating the website for this they better get some filter info up as well.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #14,160 of 24,683
  and... they just dropped the price of the vyrus v2 by 10 pounds.  
it sucks that my first thought is '****, they have an IEM they can actually ship and are getting cancelled sales left and right, so they drop the price to try to save some of the losses from the other items they can't handle'.

also if they're updating the website for this they better get some filter info up as well.

I'd like to see my Vyrus V2 show up at some point if that's actually listed as shipping.

Also, they've still got some proof-reading to do. I just looked at the Vyrus V2 page; how does one get 14 different sound signatures from 12 filters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back