TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 11, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #13,952 of 24,683
Well, im order #5987 for atlas and waiting in Finland. 3 weeks in a row I've been told I will receive them by the end of the week. Haven't read the whole thread as it's a tad TLTR (though quite entertaining :) but I don't think anyone has received a pair yet.

Was really excited to own a good pair of iem's as I've never had one's before, now I just wish I'd bought a pair of 40€ earbuds like I usually do. For me a 100€ is a big investment right now, and everytime I'm told "within the week" I decide to wait and not buy anything else. Right now I don't have anything to listen from.

A lot of people here on the thread were saying that they (trinity) "are doing their best" and "why complain" and yadayada really don't get where some of us are coming from. I'd just like an honest estimate be it a week or 6 months. Delays are fine, Tech issues are fine, miscommunication and bad handling skills of communication is fine, but plain out lying to the customer is not.

My 2 cents and 1st post. :)

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #13,953 of 24,683
Rantek I hear you, Bro.
Haven't bought an iem for month even though I need one. This whole thing has gotten just plain ridiculous.
Trinity would make Bill Murray proud, only his movie is brilliant, trinity still has to prove that first with the new iems.
Oh boy, gettin crazy here over all this useless waitung for a miracle to come true.

Apr 11, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #13,954 of 24,683
Haaa! Just got this reply email and thought "well at least that's not the same answer and maybe they actually looked at my order # this time.

"We will be shipping your order next week.

Regards

JAKE"

But followed by this:

"Apologies, i meant this week."

Funny because its (probably not) true. :wink:

Apr 11, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #13,957 of 24,683
I've had my Phantom Masters for a week. They have a much better modular cable design than the awful 2 pin one. The sound so far is not quite as good as I was hoping. There are however , many more filters to try and many more tips to roll. The sound won't cause any stirs from the controversy the old PM4s had. The old PM4 high frequency response was piercing ; that was when the pins actually stayed in the driver shell. The signature is a smooth and refined one. The fit under normal conditions is great but while running the size and weight of the driver shell plays it's part and the drivers can come out of the ears.

Apr 11, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #13,958 of 24,683
  I've had my Phantom Masters for a week... The fit under normal conditions is great but while running the size and weight of the driver shell plays it's part and the drivers can come out of the ears.

You just need to wear a John-McEnroe* style headband, but just a bit lower down to cover your ears and keep the IEM's in place
normal_smile .gif

Comfort, security, *and* you get to enhance your sporting fashion credentials into the bargain!
etysmile.gif

*other tennis players are available.

Apr 11, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #13,959 of 24,683
On a more serious note, I feel regret at not having purchased the Master or the Icarus.
Bob's descriptions of the Icarus (and it's bass, soundstage etc) make me want it a lot.
I think the PM4 is pretty great, except I'm treble sensitive, so I'd love to try the new Master with the new filters too.

I do have the PM6 coming though. I'm just apprehensive to see whether the 'hot trebles' feedback from some was taken on board; i.e. was it retuned to be a bit smoother as the Master was, given that it's being released many months later than the PM4?
Or was the sound signature left unchanged, with the assumption that the new filters could take care of that?

NB: am aware, and totally respectful of the fact that others had no issue with the PM4 regarding the treble.
Just sharing my own personal wishlist lol
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #13,960 of 24,683
  I've had my Phantom Masters for a week. They have a much better modular cable design than the awful 2 pin one. The sound so far is not quite as good as I was hoping. There are however , many more filters to try and many more tips to roll. The sound won't cause any stirs from the controversy the old PM4s had. The old PM4 high frequency response was piercing ; that was when the pins actually stayed in the driver shell. The signature is a smooth and refined one. The fit under normal conditions is great but while running the size and weight of the driver shell plays it's part and the drivers can come out of the ears.

I am becoming happy with the sound, after going round the houses with the filters and a selection of tips; but, I do agree that the Masters are not the most suitable iem's for physical activity. If I sit in my recliner and book in for a lengthy listening session they are right with me and the fit and seal is good to very good, but for portable use I wouldn't place them in the top two quartiles.

Apr 11, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #13,961 of 24,683
On a more serious note, I feel regret at not having purchased the Master or the Icarus.
Bob's descriptions of the Icarus (and it's bass, soundstage etc) make me want it a lot.
I think the PM4 is pretty great, except I'm treble sensitive, so I'd love to try the new Master with the new filters too.

I do have the PM6 coming though. I'm just apprehensive to see whether the 'hot trebles' feedback from some was taken on board; i.e. was it retuned to be a bit smoother as the Master was, given that it's being released many months later than the PM4?
Or was the sound signature left unchanged, with the assumption that the new filters could take care of that?

NB: am aware, and totally respectful of the fact that others had no issue with the PM4 regarding the treble.
Just sharing my own personal wishlist lol :tongue_smile:

Problem with that is that for the Icarus we can only go by Bob's opinion/impression and he obviously thought the PM4 was fine before he sent those out. I was hoping for more impressions from Can-Jam but unless I've missed them, there seems to have been only one. :frowning2: Descriptions of emotional sound, and bass monster with huge soundstage are all well and good, but I think more user opinions from those who can compare with similar priced IEMs are needed for a buying decision to be made, for some of us at least. The Master seems to be getting mainly positive impressions so far but I'd like to see graphs and a bit more comparative reviews.

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #13,963 of 24,683
owner of master,cld you pls check whats the tech spec abt the drivers on the cardboard box?......whether it matches as below?(copied from master description).

* Out of phase dynamic driver configuration
* 2nd generation balanced armature

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #13,964 of 24,683
Recently I contacted Trinity about my PM6 order that I ordered in June. I got reply that: "we will commence shipping your IEM next week" Think this can be true cause all we have about PM6 till now is one pictures of few shells. So I believe they already started manufacturing like a week ago and maybe will assembly and ship first PM6 next week. 

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #13,965 of 24,683
If understood that correctly they had another 280 PM6 to put together and ship. They don't ship everything at once.
With that being said Bob is probably going to pop in and answers questions.

I have seen only a few Master impressions, none for PM6 and Hunter. Are members still waiting or they just haven't posted any reviews?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back