TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 4, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #13,403 of 24,683
  Nah, those have been around for a while. But back then, I hadn't jumped on the hunter bandwagon yet. :wink: Now that I have, the PM6 red is looking much sweeter than the gunmetal I picked. :p 

I thought about going for the red too, but i noticed they have a pinkish shine when exposed to light (look at the sides). In gunmetal, the PM6 looks like a guitar case! Pretty cool man. Gunmetal club ftw! #darkside

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #13,406 of 24,683
Best way i can describe is that the master is technical yet clinical. It does everything right in a cold precise way. Many love that. However the Icarus III is quite different. Sound stage is much bigger and staging/placement is excellent and the sound is more emotional. Filters are the same but change the sound signature in a different way due to the different driver set up and you go from an absolute bass animal too​ very neutral/natural.
curious, when you say bass animal, how does it compare to the pm4 with silver filters? Cheers

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #13,408 of 24,683
Bass is rich and fluid but never muddies any area. Bass on master is fast and precise and more multi BA esq. Bass on Icarus III is more immersive.

Bob,
I wish you had a Icarus III on demo at CanJam, as well as the PM6 and Hunter. It would immensely help those who want to buy future models by comparison among the different sound profiles.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #13,409 of 24,683
Bob,
I wish you had a Icarus III on demo at CanJam, as well as the PM6 and Hunter. It would immensely help those who want to buy future models by comparison among the different sound profiles.

We did think about bringing master 6 and hunter but made no sense as no one can buy it now, so just the Icarus III, master and vyrus v2 on the stand.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #13,410 of 24,683
Bass is rich and fluid but never muddies any area. Bass on master is fast and precise and more multi BA esq. Bass on Icarus III is more immersive.

So high BPM music like Hardstyle/Hardcore (150/180BPM respectively) would be better suited with the Master, and acoustic and slower more atmospheric music would be better suited with the Icarus III?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back