TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 17, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #10,276 of 24,683
I hope so mate, was shipped about 6 weeks ago. Hope it's not lost somewhere. Have you contacted Jake?

I did, about 2 weeks ago, and was advised to wait for another week.

Last week I contacted him again and was advised to wait for 1 more week, and that if the PM4 was not yet arrived we would try to work something out.

Unfortunately it still isn't here so I contacted him again asking if I could get it refunded as I would have sent it back anyway (the sound sig is, unfortunately, a poor match for the songs I listen to).
He then sent me the mailing invoice showing that Trinity had indeed shipped out to Singapore on 24th Nov (it had my postal code handwritten on it, probably as a record). 

Not quite sure what I'm supposed to do now..

I have been extremely unlucky and the spanish mail sent the PM4 back to england instead of sending to my house :'( Jake will send back when it arrives to the trinity office.
Is there any way that you can check with the singapore mail? I know it does not have tracking but with my address I managed that the mail people checked that the iem arrived to Spain... and then, left back to england :'(
If the iems would have not arrived to spain, that would have not been possible.

At least there's some progress there, you'll get it soon. 

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #10,277 of 24,683
I did, about 2 weeks ago, and was advised to wait for another week.

Last week I contacted him again and was advised to wait for 1 more week, and that if the PM4 was not yet arrived we would try to work something out.

Unfortunately it still isn't here so I contacted him again asking if I could get it refunded as I would have sent it back anyway (the sound sig is, unfortunately, a poor match for the songs I listen to).
He then sent me the mailing invoice showing that Trinity had indeed shipped out to Singapore on 24th Nov (it had my postal code handwritten on it, probably as a record). 

Not quite sure what I'm supposed to do now..

At least there's some progress there, you'll get it soon. 

I guess what we both can do is wait and hope it shows up, mine was shipped on Dec 1st. Exactly a week apart. If yours arrives soon, I've got hope. :joy:

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #10,278 of 24,683
@dpump if you want to learn all about balanced go to the Pono website. Top of page click HOW TO> knowledge. There are wiring guides and designer Ayre/Charles Hansen explains the advantages. Studios use balanced to cut noise in long cable runs. We don't have long cables but running balanced reduces power supply noise. Stereophile tested the Pono and it was more than 10db quieter in balanced mode. Like horn speakers, IEMs are highly efficient. 10 + db of noise reduction is very important to sound quality.

Larger headphones may not gain as much from noise reduction because they aren't as efficient. But balanced also increases power output. This is very helpful with larger headphones.

There is also an advantage of each earpiece not sharing a common ground.

Balanced is the real deal - not just with Pono but with any capable unit.

​Thanks for the info. I will check the Pono out. I am familiar with the benefits of balanced operation and I do have two amps that are truly balanced. Also have some other amps that have a balanced out 4-pin connector that aren't true balanced amps,including one I added a balanced out to-makes it easier to use a balanced cable instead of having to switch back to a regular 1/4" cable. I assume most people are aware that you must have a true balanced amp to get the benefits of a balanced headphone. Just having a balanced out on an amp that isn't truly balanced will not be any different or better than a 1/4" connection. As stated above, a true balanced amp will give you lower noise and more power, as a true balanced amp will have 4 separate amps instead of the normal 2 amps.

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #10,279 of 24,683
​Thanks for the info. I will check the Pono out. I am familiar with the benefits of balanced operation and I do have one amp that is truly balanced. Also have some other amps that have a balanced out 4-pin connector that aren't true balanced amps,including one I added a balanced out to-makes it easier to use a balanced cable instead of having to switch back to a regular 1/4" cable. I assume most people are aware that you must have a true balanced amp to get the benefits of a balanced headphone. Just having a balanced out on an amp that isn't truly balanced will not be any different or better than a 1/4" connection. As stated above, a true balanced amp will give you lower noise and more power, as a true balanced amp will have 4 separate amps instead of the normal 2 amps.

It's worth checking the Cayin N5 out as well. I've recently got one and I love it. Haven't tried the balanced out yet though, waiting for my PM6 and Trinity's balanced cable.

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #10,281 of 24,683
Touché... And ever since I discovered Trinity products (last week), it's been a much harder question :p

Welcome aboard .. destination Audio Heaven, calling at Recrimination Station and Bank (London underground joke)
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #10,287 of 24,683
Just filled out my survey for the KS Phantom Air. Going with the white and black storm trooper color. I'm curious though @Bobtrinity, what kind of color coating is it? Like, is it the same sort of water-resistant coating you put on the original Atlas? Will it be matte, glossy, or semi-gloss? Have you guys tested its resistance to chipping?

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #10,288 of 24,683
  Just filled out my survey for the KS Phantom Air. Going with the white and black storm trooper color. I'm curious though @Bobtrinity, what kind of color coating is it? Like, is it the same sort of water-resistant coating you put on the original Atlas? Will it be matte, glossy, or semi-gloss? Have you guys tested its resistance to chipping?

Hey, where did you find the survey? I've ordered PM6 from kickstarter(indiegogo) but I have no survey...

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #10,289 of 24,683
  Hey, where did you find the survey? I've ordered PM6 from kickstarter(indiegogo) but I have no survey...

If you're with indiegogo chances are they'll be delivered on a later date. I believe the delivery timings are Pre-order > KS > Indiegogo > Normal people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back