TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 5, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #10,084 of 24,683
I think you get 100 points for joining the reward programme, more for liking on Facebook and Instagram etc. Pretty sure you could get close to a five pound voucher doing all that when the programme first launched, maybe not free but enough to cause a flood of orders!

True, even if it's just half-off, that's still half-off!

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #10,086 of 24,683
cool, thanks midget guy. I assume this is for better fit and/or soundstage?

It just means that the dynamic drivers are firing at each other. This hopefully reduces the distortion

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #10,088 of 24,683
Is it not the pm4 featuring "worlds first push/pull driver"? Is the intended purpose met?

Should say "Worlds First Push Pull Hybrid By Trinity" as there are other IEMS that also are Push Pull so this is not the "Worlds First" unless there is a secrete about Trinity's configuration that is different from the rest.

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #10,089 of 24,683
I was doing an ear test with the Sinegen sine wave generator. IMO, there are spikes in the PM4 at 4100 Hz and 7800 Hz, and maybe a trivial one at 13 KHz. I haven't read all these threads to see if anyone has already said this or done a graph? This is a test after my PM4 has ~100-200 hours on it. I do like it, but am not sure if I think I want to buy the new PM if it is likely the same in imaging and resolution.

Anyone test the PM prototype and compare to the Atlas-Delta hybrid?

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #10,091 of 24,683
Is it not the pm4 featuring "worlds first push/pull driver"? Is the intended purpose met?

No this is the world's first push pull driver AFAIK.
http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/news/9ed464e7dcb8921c/index.html
As Hi-Fi'er said, this is the first push/pull dynamic and BA hybrid IEM. I think technically the PM6 came first in the design process, but I could be wrong.

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #10,092 of 24,683
Is it me, or is only Phantom Sabre being delivered with the long filters? I cannot seem to find a good description for this, or what the 14, 16 etc, different filters do. And then I mean, which ones are delivered with what iem.

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #10,093 of 24,683
Here are my experiences with the PM4 so far.

The BAD:
1. The left side of the memory wire cable is already broken (I can't hear any sound coming from them until I changed the cables) after twisting them a bit to fit my ears.
2. The provided L-plug adapter does not have TRRS so the buttons/mic won't work when using them.
3. For about a week or so, terrible fit gave me terrible sound. This is the first time I thought apple earpods sounded better than a more expensive IEM. They sounded tinny, lacked bass, and gave dreadful isolation. I was about to sell them, but it's a good thing I was patient enough not to do it.

The GOOD:
Best fit will produce wide soundstage, VERY DEEP bass, great detail and instrument separation, and non-fatiguing sound. I do not hear the horrible spike anymore. They sound glorious!
The catch: it is extremely hard to get a good fit, even more so the best fit for your ears. I achieved this by combining wide-bore silicone tips and mandarine foam tips underneath:

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #10,094 of 24,683
Here are my experiences with the PM4 so far.

The BAD:
1. The left side of the memory wire cable is already broken (I can't hear any sound coming from them until I changed the cables) after twisting them a bit to fit my ears.
2. The provided L-plug adapter does not have TRRS so the buttons/mic won't work when using them.
3. For about a week or so, terrible fit gave me terrible sound. This is the first time I thought apple earpods sounded better than a more expensive IEM. They sounded tinny, lacked bass, and gave dreadful isolation. I was about to sell them, but it's a good thing I was patient enough not to do it.

The GOOD:
Best fit will produce wide soundstage, VERY DEEP bass, great detail and instrument separation, and non-fatiguing sound. I do not hear the horrible spike anymore. They sound glorious!
The catch: it is extremely hard to get a good fit, even more so the best fit for your ears. I achieved this by combining wide-bore silicone tips and mandarine foam tips underneath:

Point 2: The included angled 3.5mm jack adaptor is very handy when using dap/mobile inside the jean pocket as its sole purpose.......its a nice addition to accessory bunch from trinity if you ask me. Especially I find it useful when using IEMs that are already 90° 3.5mm jack termination,other than trinity's long springy jacks.

point 3 is purely a fit issue not a BAD, that goes to all monitors for that matter......

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #10,095 of 24,683
agreed.
for example my FLC8s are loved are a lot of people and have had very very good reviews however I cant get most out of them due to fit.
its annoying for sure as these aint cheap but thats what we get for not trying in store first. granted it would have been hard to try these in store as they are a foreign low key iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back