TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 22, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #9,904 of 24,683
As they've sacked the people who did the production for the PM4's and as I believe, the work has either come in house or to another provider, then I doubt very much that we will see any issues with the Hunters, other than the usual hiccups that all suppliers have with their products.

Lol - I think they changed the guy who made the filters, not sure it was anything more than that!

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #9,906 of 24,683
Nope if was filter maker, mould maker and shell maker.

Sounds like a early spring cleaning job 
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #9,907 of 24,683
Nope if was filter maker, mould maker and shell maker.

It was touch and go for a while with the coffee maker too, but they scraped through in the end
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #9,910 of 24,683
It was touch and go for a while with the coffee maker too, but they scraped through in the end
tongue_smile.gif

I'm pretty sure they gave the coffee maker a few extra chances.  I know I always give mine a few mulligans.

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #9,912 of 24,683
  received a pair of PM4's, and am now listening to them.
I come from Hifiman RE400's.

How much time do you guys account for burn-in normally?

ZERO. Plug 'n' play, just enjoy the music. At least that's what I've always done with my audio gear. Brain or physical burn-in, I won't argue with anyone about that, but I've always just popped them into my ears and started listening. They've shown up on my doorstep and I'm still not gonna listen to them? Hell no! I'm an impatient person
tongue.gif

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #9,913 of 24,683
  received a pair of PM4's, and am now listening to them.
I come from Hifiman RE400's.

How much time do you guys account for burn-in normally?

Disclaimer: all usual comments about burn-in, brain burn-in and YMMV apply :p

Many people say around 20-50 hours of burn in.
Others say "go hard or go home" and require at least 150-200 hours
biggrin.gif

For me, it's just when I start noticing the changes in sound signature. I feel I became aware of two separate audio thresholds where I suddenly felt the sound had improved.
One occured at around 20-50 hours (really can't say, as I was just grabbing listening sessions whenever I had time, which wasn't all that often).
Another I guess has been at 100+ hours. So maybe both camps are right
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #9,914 of 24,683
  ZERO. Plug 'n' play, just enjoy the music. At least that's what I've always done with my audio gear. Brain or physical burn-in, I won't argue with anyone about that, but I've always just popped them into my ears and started listening. They've shown up on my doorstep and I'm still not gonna listen to them? Hell no! I'm an impatient person
tongue.gif

Agree. For me, the very act of listening to them from the moment I receive them means that if there *is* any noticeable change after (e.g.) 50 hours of non-continuous play, then at least I'm going to be able to notice and appreciate the difference (and articulate it in reviews and comments).

On the other hand, whether it's brain or electronic burn-in, the fact that I can perceive a noticeable improvement makes me sometimes wish I hadn't waded through 49 hours of sub-standard sound and just started listening after 50 hours of unattended burn-in
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #9,915 of 24,683

Agree. For me, the very act of listening to them from the moment I receive them means that if there *is* any noticeable change after (e.g.) 50 hours of non-continuous play, then at least I'm going to be able to notice and appreciate the difference (and articulate it in reviews and comments).

On the other hand, whether it's brain or electronic burn-in, the fact that I can perceive a noticeable improvement makes me sometimes wish I hadn't waded through 49 hours of sub-standard sound and just started listening after 50 hours of unattended burn-in
tongue_smile.gif

But sometimes you gotta know the change to appreciate it!
biggrin.gif
I think I felt a change when I was listening to the Hyperion. Dunno when it happened and who could say if it was brain or physical burn, but at some point it just seemed to feel less boomy than it previously was. Not like one day was boomy, next day was toned down, I just remembered it sound less boomy like a week or two ago. Which really might not be saying much since audio memory is a fickle thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back