TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 3, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #9,184 of 24,683
more personal opinion of my pm4 and dampened silver filters and medium s or l tips
the dynamic range is kinda nice from strong bass to good vocal and sparkle, no way too harsh in upper freq, not airy and not fatiguing which is also nice.
left has electricity but right has electricity too but only from the metal part of connector. I sellotape left but I need to varnish it with clear varnish. but I ask at customer service. being metal and a cable touching somewhere gives the tingle. I'm sure it has cable next to metal in iem and the cable connector on cable.

Dec 3, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #9,188 of 24,683
I have read that an AMP can help the PM4 shine more. I wonder if the new Sony NW-A35 can drive them better than a cellphone. It only has 35 mW per channel. Can anybody help me? Because I'm planning to get that as a DAP.

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #9,189 of 24,683
I enjoy gunmetal filters but I think my main filter may be undampened silver, deep lows, weighty and clear vocals with nice high notes. Simply red sounds awesome with these. Just need the large kombi tip to complete setup

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #9,190 of 24,683
actually i have the question: was hunter's retail price ever mentioned? I searched a bit but did not find anything.

I really wanna grab it during the BF sales, it's a great deal for sure but unfortunately can't afford it :frowning2: so i guess i feel save a bit for next year and grab them. but wondering how much more expensive that would be since trinity gave those crazy good pre-order discounts.

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #9,191 of 24,683
actually i have the question: was hunter's retail price ever mentioned? I searched a bit but did not find anything.

I really wanna grab it during the BF sales, it's a great deal for sure but unfortunately can't afford it :frowning2: so i guess i feel save a bit for next year and grab them. but wondering how much more expensive that would be since trinity gave those crazy good pre-order discounts.

Hunter had no pre-order discounts, only 20% for head-fiers.

Dec 3, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #9,192 of 24,683
I am not who you were responding to, but I noticed some of the same thing. With certain tracks, the voices would be a bit piercing, and trables, especially cymbals would start to sound distorted and ringing like the other poster said. Mostly with rock/alternative tracks where the drums and cymbals are more forward in the mix combined with a lot of electric guitars.

I am not a big believer in burn in, with the exception of maybe brain burn in and adjusting to the sound, but after a few days they definitely seemed to ease up a bit. I also have found that using dampened filters helps, and I am now trying kombi tips, which also seem to be helping a bit for me as well.

Its kind of a shame about those because a lot of tracks sound really great.

Seems to be the foam ones really make the high tones hurt and muddy guitar. I tested the normal tips it comes with and it's less bad but I lose bass and general fit so I keep with the foam. Maybe I should try those hybrid ones.

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #9,195 of 24,683
I think my PM4 has finally  burned-in. I love it! I'm using gold-damp filter, spin-fit large tip. Wonderful detail and soundstage. Thank you Trinity Audio!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back