TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 2, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #9,151 of 24,683
OMG! Is the sound getting better? or does my brain start to like it? lol. I was worried last night, but look at me now!
gs1000.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #9,152 of 24,683
All the tips are small for my ear. Can't get proper seal. So i'm using ostry tip, with wide bore. I have a question. Should the cable connector be fully flushed to the socket?

My connector had a small tiny gap. This did not affect anything and they were firmly seated

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #9,157 of 24,683
Absolutely! But the thing is I noticed a difference in sound. Could it be?

Sure, I experienced the same for the first time years ago with my AKG K701, and more recently with the Sabre.
Burn in actually works on some headphones and/or earphones.

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #9,159 of 24,683
I don't know why there has been so much talk of trinity audio in the Chinese / Asian brand thread but it's disappointing to see it turning negative now?

People really are blowing these QC issues out of proportion, especially since the trinity customer service is so great.

Thoroughly enjoying my PM4 and eagerly awaiting my PM6 and AIR, not fluent in audio descriptors so I won't attempt a review but man do I like what I am hearing!

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #9,160 of 24,683
I don't know why there has been so much talk of trinity audio in the Chinese / Asian brand thread but it's disappointing to see it turning negative now?

People really are blowing these QC issues out of proportion, especially since the trinity customer service is so great.

Thoroughly enjoying my PM4 and eagerly awaiting my PM6 and AIR, not fluent in audio descriptors so I won't attempt a review but man do I like what I am hearing!
Thing is, were talking thousands of orders have gone out on their products, the massive majority will be perfect I have zero doubt bout that. My set are superb, genuinely feel like I should have jumped on hunter or pm6 lol ohwell. Maybe down the line but these pm4 are great!

How do people find the dampened version of filters compared to same colour undampened, is there a feneral preference for one over the other IE dampened gold as to undampened?

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #9,161 of 24,683
  I have the Original Delta (OD) and the Delta VII.  I originally loved Bob's silicone tips.  Small size for me.  I ordered the small Kombi tips and they are even better.  They have the sound and silicone feel of the stock tips, but extra firmness like a shure olive or foam tip.  Love them to death.  There is a Kombi tip thread where you can read other's impressions as well.  Here is my post from the Kombi thread.  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/816318/trinity-kombi-tips/15#post_12814030

Kombi tip thread is only 40 posts long.  Not nearly the monster this thread is.  I've ordered a second pack with the black friday discount and an Atlas-Delta.

oh happy days! Ye I will order a large pack. Hey, how do these points work? How do we use them and keep track of them? What are they worth? Cheers

Yah, I ordered an extra set of kombi's for myself as well.  They are the best tips I have ever used.
wink.gif
  That little extra seal is such a night and day difference.  And the silicone used is good quality to you get to keep the richness of the music as well...  Just never expected them to work so well
blink.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #9,162 of 24,683
I've got the Vyrus and the PM4 and the sound and build quality are fantastic I couldn't be any happier with my earphones and if I wasn't happy I could just contact Trinity and they would sort it out for me also the selection of accessories that come with each set of earphones are outstanding I just don't know what more could you ask for? maybe if they could just give us some sort of discount for everyone on headfi or maybe a black friday deal with 35% discount it would make the nice folk on the internet happy or maybe not!
I am running the PM4 from my Fiio X7 with the gunmetal filters and they sound fantastic but when I use them with my desktop setup the extra power really makes them shine
I've also got the Atlas Delta on order and the kombi tips in the post so I think it is safe to say I think Trinity are boss!
cool.gif
keep up the good work.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #9,163 of 24,683
  It's only because of BF sale ,  when you apply the BF code after that you are not allowed to apply any other discount code/coupon/points because they have already gave you a huge discount. 

Oh no, I mean the points are flat out gone from my account. They don't seem to refund those if you cancel the order (i had the PM6 on order.) I'm comfortable with the BF deal on the Hunters, but I would also love my points back! lol

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #9,164 of 24,683
can't give impression of pm4 although using it now, review is also subjective cause it's relative to what each had before.

the twist wire is awful tangle nightmare takes 5 minutes to untangle when in a bag so I put on braided cable. although this isn't any differrent. didn't decide if the preorder was worth it.

bass is nice, I don't get 3D kind of presentation either like on delta.

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #9,165 of 24,683
Hey, got pair one of the PM4s 2 days ago anx today the second pair. Package is awesome. Sound is ok, but promising, though I have the feeling the overall quality of google music is just not that great. And the pm4 shows that. Overall I'm quite happy so far. These two pairs are presents for my dad and brother, so I'm even more picky than usual. That's why I'm posting. Aside from one or two scratches, no probs, and not really fitting silver filters, there are two problems with one oft the pm4s:

First, the two parts of the shell are not fitting well.
Second, one of the two connector pins/holes in the shell is not fitting well.

Don't get me wrong, everything seems to work, but I'm worried that these smaer lroblems could become bigger ones pretty soon, especially yince the pm4s are presents.

Maybe someone can tell me how likely these things can ecome serious problems (soon).

Thanks in advance, I relly like this forum :)

I have pictures but not the permissions to post them, it seems, sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back