TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 1, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #9,107 of 24,683
Whats peoples favourite filters for pm4? What music generally would benefit from undampened gold? Cheers

I've used both gunmetal and gold undamped. Like them both. I haven't tried other filters yet. Undamped gold filter has handled all the genre very easily. Bluegrass, country, Rock, Pop, Fusion, classical .......

The brain has to adjust to this sound signature. Give it time and it will settle down with our brain :)

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #9,108 of 24,683
Whats peoples favourite filters for pm4? What music generally would benefit from undampened gold? Cheers

My favorite are the undampened silver filters, mainly because I listen to EDM/electronic music 90% of the time. With these filters, the bass is punchy and the highs are crisp.

PSA: make sure to take off the filters before installing the tips! My silver undampened filters broke when I was trying to fit on the SpinFit tips so that the filter couldn't be screwed on tightly anymore. What I ended up doing was using a pencil to punch out the dampener from the dampened silver tip and viola, a new undampened silver filter! I probably wasn't ever going to use the dampened silver filters anyway. :)

Just in case, I'm guessing the only difference between the silver dampened and silver undampened is the extra filter near the bottom? So my "mod" wouldn't change the sound?

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #9,112 of 24,683
Got mine yesterday.
L3000.gif
Initial thoughts, impressive soundstage! But the bass is not so impressive. I like the the gun metal filters. Bass is not refined yet. So will give it a burn in.  Can anyone comment on the bass after burn-in? Does is improve?

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #9,116 of 24,683
  Sorry if this has been asked a billion times already but I can't keep up with this thread:

Anyone else in SEA still waiting on their PM4?

Waiting here as well unfortunately. Hopefully it shows up today.

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #9,117 of 24,683

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times already but I can't keep up with this thread:

Anyone else in SEA still waiting on their PM4?

Waiting here as well unfortunately. Hopefully it shows up today.

Pre-ordered and was told that it was shipped 17th Nov but there was 1 week delay by courier. Hopefully arrive next week.

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #9,118 of 24,683
Pre-ordered and was told that it was shipped 17th Nov but there was 1 week delay by courier. Hopefully arrive next week.

At least you got a shipping notification lol.. Oh well, since Jake said that all the orders have been sent out, will just wait to be surprised.

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #9,120 of 24,683

At least you got a shipping notification lol.. Oh well, since Jake said that all the orders have been sent out, will just wait to be surprised.

No. I did not get any shipping notification. I contacted Trinity by email and got response from Jake with extra info.  :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back