TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 28, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #8,851 of 24,683
Mine arrived today , I unwrapped it to make sure nothing was damaged and put the IEMs on just to make sure that sound came out and then had to put them away to wait for Christmas, which , due to work commitments won't happen till Jan 5th for me
frown.gif

The filters all screwed on fine , I tried every single one with no problems . The build quality of this stuff is exceptional, even down to the cylinders that hold the filters they are machined with such precision you you can hardly see the join on them. There is a huge range of options here. I would suggest that there simply has to be a way to tune these to a sound that you would like given the combination of tips and filters at your disposal. 
I will let the others describe the sound as they hear it due to only having 5 minutes, but I am definitely glad I put my faith in @Brooko and @mark2410 who worked closely with Bob on getting the sound tuned for what we are looking for

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #8,852 of 24,683

I'll consider that your reaction is a general message not personally oriented.......

That would be a correct assumption. I think it's sad that many people, that makes good contribution imo, are leaving the thread due to the majority of posts lately being about postal services....

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #8,853 of 24,683
Is someone having issues with the fit of some filters? I can't use gold undamped, because they (both) are narrower in diameter than the hole in the IEM, so they enter directly, no option to screw. I will check all of them tonight, before emailing Jake.

Yup. One of my silver dampened is too narrow and falls out. I had a bad little grill on my gold dampened.
The other issue is some tighten fine others I worry are not threaded right. I am so careful and slow how I thread them. I'm very worried about stripping the IEM threads

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #8,854 of 24,683
Yup. One of my silver dampened is too narrow and falls out. I had a bad little grill on my gold dampened.
The other issue is some tighten fine others I worry are not threaded right. I am so careful and slow how I thread them. I'm very worried about stripping the IEM threads

As always just email jake@trinityaudioengineering.com and all will be sorted asap for you

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #8,855 of 24,683
Mine arrived today , I unwrapped it to make sure nothing was damaged and put the IEMs on just to make sure that sound came out and then had to put them away to wait for Christmas, which , due to work commitments won't happen till Jan 5th for me:frowning2:  
The filters all screwed on fine , I tried every single one with no problems . The build quality of this stuff is exceptional, even down to the cylinders that hold the filters they are machined with such precision you you can hardly see the join on them. There is a huge range of options here. I would suggest that there simply has to be a way to tune these to a sound that you would like given the combination of tips and filters at your disposal. 
I will let the others describe the sound as they hear it due to only having 5 minutes, but I am definitely glad I put my faith in @Brooko
 and @mark2410
 who worked closely with Bob on getting the sound tuned for what we are looking for

Mark has helped in the past but on this occasion it was Brooko and Hisoundfi that helped work on the push pull (we used feedback they have from sabre and hunter etc)

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #8,856 of 24,683
Bob.
Thanks for the fast response.
Your customer service is perfect. I was just letting the other person know he was not alone

by the way, is Hunter sold out?
I placed an order for one Saturday and was charged but there is no counter to know if I was one of 1000 given the awesome BF sale. I do not want to find out later the order is refunded due to limited nature if I cancel my Master 6

FYI it was order#4868

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #8,857 of 24,683
Bob said they all shipped on the 15th, which is later than was initially stated but that's beside the point. Royal mail lists 3-5 working days delivery within Europe on 'International Standard' which is what Bob said they used for their packages.

What Royal Mail say and what happens are totally different things

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #8,858 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity Hey, I ordered a pair of the PM6's with the black friday discount, and just had a question about the filters. The site mentions it has 12 tuning filters, these are the new style ones with the 3 bores like shown back in here a month or two ago for the hunters correct? Was it settled on a single length for those? Any other information about how these 12 filters affect the sound or rather differ from what I am familiar with (the 7 from the vyrus and pm4). I know this has all probably been answered, but this thread is just so massive that I am having a hard time searching and finding it.

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #8,860 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity
Hi Bob, I sent you an email as I'm thinking to get the pm6 to be combined to my order #4769, pending to your confirmation to my request. Please revert.

please email jake@trinityaudioengineering.com.
this thread is strictly for impressions.

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #8,861 of 24,683
This is just my feedback to anyone anyone wanting to know if the brand new Phantom Pm4s are any good.
Bloody right they are!
I am not fluent in headfi / hi fi decriptions so will try and describe my 'new toy ' to anyone willing to read this in my language.
I have owned several iems over the last few years sennheiser cx300 ,soundmagic pl 11 onto eightball ex811s onto flare audio aluminium onto Trinity Delta and musicmaker shockwave3s. (Makes me sound like a lottery winner or something but I can assure you I aint. I breed moths in my wallet most the time ~)
I will try to be as objective as I can . But my time is limited so dont expect me to reply for a while.
My judgement is based on the gun metal filter (already fitted) and spinfit tips. I have not had time to play around with combinations yet.
Sound quality~ Exceptionally good. I loved the trinity Deltas before a problem occured and solid as they were ,they couldnt handle my rough ways forever.
These Phantoms are Definately a large step up in sound. All those extra drivers seem to shoot out accurate sections of music in different directions and handle the music with ease. (I have just turned around to see what was going on behind me due to some sound effects in one of the tracks I'm listening to.(Wow .that was strange!)
I love the sound my musicmaker shockwaves kick out too . I would say the two are comparable in sound quality . The Trinity Phantom has the edge on its tuning though. I find the SW3 to be amazing but its only sound drawback to be its sometimes a little too treble unfriendly for my ears . Like driving a Rolls royce with an annoying squeak.
The phantom pm4s are a top of the range Jaguar. Nothing to detract from the pleasure at all.
The Sw3 have a little more airy soundspace and its bass can ooze even deeper due to a 11mm driver.But the bass on these PM4s are gorgeous and tight with a good tip . Thats IMO.
Comfort/Design ~ These are my first venture into detachable cables and iems that rest in the curves of your ear,( not bullet type shove them in and job done ) so my initial thoughts were disfavourable to my earlier iems.
This is becoming a less of an issue now though after a weeks worth of practice and extra care. Its still a bit tricky getting them in when you are in a hurry and I have had a few issues with the cable detaching and being a tricky to reconnect due of slippiness of the iem shells. My first detachable cables so cant compare them to any other manufacturer format. I have had severe anxiety though when they disconnect with my unfamiliar attempts to insert them . I do not wish to get the ends sticky over time but I am considering putting tape over the ends as I am paranoid of dropping the iem shell again when walking the dog with them . I was trying to think of a solution that might work to feedback to Trinity like a little lockable grabber that could be relaxed with a push button, like those anorak stringpull things on a minute scale but Im no designer.
Comfortwise , initially I had a uncomfortable experience with left ear piece placement . Luckily it was just a case of jiggling the memory wire a bit here and there. They are sitting in place lovely and I can lay on either side with no discomfort ~only my ear canal is occluded and I cant hear the music anyway. (Note ~ I dont recommend doing this. ) But rest assured they are fine comfortwise and after having 4 hours solid use I dont want to take them out. That's not bad at all.

Finally
Support ~ This company Trinity audio is a breath of fresh air in the world of money chasing hifi. Established by full on effort and passion for getting things done right, Bob and the team in my opinion are amazing.
Not only do they have a mentality to bring so much quality for only moderate money , they look after the consumer quickly and thoroughly .
I have previously gone through the blind faith of ordering through a chinese retail website and unknown shop/ manufacturer and unknown reliability of product. This felt like uncomfortable madness .
Trinity are as safe a bet as you could possibly have. English speaking ,responsive website and here because of the passion of enjoying music.
Conclusion~ Yes. These are simply fantastic.
Bob and Trinity have done it again and its obviously been done by choosing what was right , not what was easy .
It is a fantastic earphone to add to their collection. Amazing value .Very hard to improve upon really.
The PM6 and Hunter must be something out of this world!

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #8,862 of 24,683
This is just my feedback to anyone anyone wanting to know if the brand new Phantom Pm4s are any good.
Bloody right they are!
I am not fluent in headfi / hi fi decriptions so will try and describe my 'new toy ' to anyone willing to read this in my language.
I have owned several iems over the last few years sennheiser cx300 ,soundmagic pl 11 onto eightball ex811s onto flare audio aluminium onto Trinity Delta and musicmaker shockwave3s. (Makes me sound like a lottery winner or something but I can assure you I aint. I breed moths in my wallet most the time ~)
I will try to be as objective as I can . But my time is limited so dont expect me to reply for a while.
My judgement is based on the gun metal filter (already fitted) and spinfit tips. I have not had time to play around with combinations yet.
Sound quality~ Exceptionally good. I loved the trinity Deltas before a problem occured and solid as they were ,they couldnt handle my rough ways forever.
These Phantoms are Definately a large step up in sound. All those extra drivers seem to shoot out accurate sections of music in different directions and handle the music with ease. (I have just turned around to see what was going on behind me due to some sound effects in one of the tracks I'm listening to.(Wow .that was strange!)
I love the sound my musicmaker shockwaves kick out too . I would say the two are comparable in sound quality . The Trinity Phantom has the edge on its tuning though. I find the SW3 to be amazing but its only sound drawback to be its sometimes a little too treble unfriendly for my ears . Like driving a Rolls royce with an annoying squeak.
The phantom pm4s are a top of the range Jaguar. Nothing to detract from the pleasure at all.
The Sw3 have a little more airy soundspace and its bass can ooze even deeper due to a 11mm driver.But the bass on these PM4s are gorgeous and tight with a good tip . Thats IMO.
Comfort/Design ~ These are my first venture into detachable cables and iems that rest in the curves of your ear,( not bullet type shove them in and job done ) so my initial thoughts were disfavourable to my earlier iems.
This is becoming a less of an issue now though after a weeks worth of practice and extra care. Its still a bit tricky getting them in when you are in a hurry and I have had a few issues with the cable detaching and being a tricky to reconnect due of slippiness of the iem shells. My first detachable cables so cant compare them to any other manufacturer format. I have had severe anxiety though when they disconnect with my unfamiliar attempts to insert them . I do not wish to get the ends sticky over time but I am considering putting tape over the ends as I am paranoid of dropping the iem shell again when walking the dog with them . I was trying to think of a solution that might work to feedback to Trinity like a little lockable grabber that could be relaxed with a push button, like those anorak stringpull things on a minute scale but Im no designer.
Comfortwise , initially I had a uncomfortable experience with left ear piece placement . Luckily it was just a case of jiggling the memory wire a bit here and there. They are sitting in place lovely and I can lay on either side with no discomfort ~only my ear canal is occluded and I cant hear the music anyway. (Note ~ I dont recommend doing this. ) But rest assured they are fine comfortwise and after having 4 hours solid use I dont want to take them out. That's not bad at all.

Finally
Support ~ This company Trinity audio is a breath of fresh air in the world of money chasing hifi. Established by full on effort and passion for getting things done right, Bob and the team in my opinion are amazing.
Not only do they have a mentality to bring so much quality for only moderate money , they look after the consumer quickly and thoroughly .
I have previously gone through the blind faith of ordering through a chinese retail website and unknown shop/ manufacturer and unknown reliability of product. This felt like uncomfortable madness .
Trinity are as safe a bet as you could possibly have. English speaking ,responsive website and here because of the passion of enjoying music.
Conclusion~ Yes. These are simply fantastic.
Bob and Trinity have done it again and its obviously been done by choosing what was right , not what was easy .
It is a fantastic earphone to add to their collection. Amazing value .Very hard to improve upon really.
The PM6 and Hunter must be something out of this world!

I couldn't agree more. The quality of craftsmanship, the audio quality, the ability to easily tune with filters, the exceptional customer care & service - Trinity Audio is the best. I listened to PM4 paired to Onkyo DP-X1 via bluetooth and the audio quality was very very good. The bluetooth lanyard  was light weight and got out of the way. One good accessory for PM models. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #8,863 of 24,683
Mark has helped in the past but on this occasion it was Brooko and Hisoundfi that helped work on the push pull (we used feedback they have from sabre and hunter etc)

Sorry - I'm wrong yet again!
Can't wait to try mine out again in Jan -  they sounded great from the 5 minutes I had this morning , bass and sparkly and all that sort of stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back