TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 26, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #8,746 of 24,683
From what I read in the Noble X thread it's delayed til March?

Not a delay, thats just when they estimate they will ship.

But I am definitely considering canceling my order and instead getting the PM6 since its basically the same price. Not to mention that I know what to expect with trinity... with expanded tuning options... yea... im torn, seemed like a really good way to get a noble at a good price, but the PM6... if the sound is more refined (and hopefully without the harshness) along with what, 12 different tuning filters to use? Yea, Im definitely considering dropping the noble x and getting in with this black friday deal. Not to mention it will probably be released sooner too.

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #8,747 of 24,683

But I am definitely considering canceling my order and instead getting the PM6 since its basically the same price. Not to mention that I know what to expect with trinity... with expanded tuning options... yea... im torn, seemed like a really good way to get a noble at a good price, but the PM6... if the sound is more refined (and hopefully without the harshness) along with what, 12 different tuning filters to use? Yea, Im definitely considering dropping the noble x and getting in with this black friday deal. Not to mention it will probably be released sooner too.

I know it isn't about the driver count, its about implementation, Chi-Fi has shown me that but still 6 drivers for under $300. A ton of accessories and tuning options and with a quality track record like TA its a safe bet to put your money on them. 

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #8,748 of 24,683
Haven't had a chance to go through all this thread yet. But is anyone able to upload a photo of the PM4 in ear?

Look at the upper right of your screen when viewing this thread where it shows "recent images".  See the little picture of an ear with an IEM in it?  Click it.  That was uploaded by Podster a few days ago showing him wearing his PM4.  If fo some reason the picture falls out of the summary due to newer ones posted, simply do an advanced search of this thread for posts by Podster to find his picture.

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #8,750 of 24,683
I know it isn't about the driver count, its about implementation, Chi-Fi has shown me that but still 6 drivers for under $300. A ton of accessories and tuning options and with a quality track record like TA its a safe bet to put your money on them. 
If the PM6 were using a true crossover network like most TOTL 6 driver iems you can be sure it wouldn't be as cheap as it is. Not saying it negates the advantage of multiple drivers, but it isn't exactly apples to apples. Still a great deal though assuming Bob pulled off a good tune, which is probably a safe bet based on his reputation.

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #8,751 of 24,683

I'm already in on the Hunter so I'm sticking with the Noble X. I've only had one major problem with Noble's universal line thus far though and it's that the shell looks like it's always the same size whether it's dual-BA (Savant and Noble X) or the K10U. I feel like they could have 2 shell sizes, one for 4 drivers or less and one for 5 drivers or more.

Trinity Audio uses different sized shells for their different driver configurations, though to be fair their shells are also all different styles.

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #8,752 of 24,683
Thank you Bob, for all the hard work you do in developing great products at a killer price!

Just got back from Thanksgiving obligations and what do I find waiting in the mailbox?  Wohoooo, PM4!

True to form, they fit my ears exceptionally well.  Regardless of the actually form and dimensions, trinity products are, for me, are among the most comfortable iems I ever tried.

Couple things that stand out at first listen:

1.  Sound is very cohesive, very smooth mids.  I can see how some may consider the highs to be a tad hot.  I don't find this to be the case, but then again i've lost some higher freq hearing due to age..   :frowning2:

2.  There's strange interplay between detail and soundstage, can't quite put my finger on it.  This is not a negative by any means, makes for a very unique sound and very detailed too.

3.  The pm4's amp very well.  Very listenable with my smartphone but I think I will grab my mobile setup more often than not with these.

4.  Possibly related to #2, there is something very, very fundamentally different about the sound I hear from these earphones... not "in your face" different, something on a very subtle level.  Again, hard to put my finger on it.  Only have 20 minutes on them, I'll have to give a number of tracks a hard listen.  It's kinda like the feeling (physically) you get when turning on a pair of active noise cancelling headphones -- obviously not that pronounced, but it's there on an "edge-of-your-subconscious" level.

All in all, another winner from Trinity, especially when accounting for bang-for-buck value.

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #8,753 of 24,683
If the PM6 were using a true crossover network like most TOTL 6 driver iems you can be sure it wouldn't be as cheap as it is. Not saying it negates the advantage of multiple drivers, but it isn't exactly apples to apples. Still a great deal though assuming Bob pulled off a good tune, which is probably a safe bet based on his reputation.

That is true, forgot no crossover

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #8,755 of 24,683
  Look at the upper right of your screen when viewing this thread where it shows "recent images".  See the little picture of an ear with an IEM in it?  Click it.  That was uploaded by Podster a few days ago showing him wearing his PM4.  If fo some reason the picture falls out of the summary due to newer ones posted, simply do an advanced search of this thread for posts by Podster to find his picture.

Yeah I know how to find it usually.  I was just on mobile most of the day, which doesn't have the 'recent images'.

All good now, cheers.

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #8,756 of 24,683
  I agree wtih you very much about these. They are kind of an interesting beast for me, I have heard tracks that sound amazing on them and others that dont quite stack up.

I have also just switched to the silver damped filters as well, for two reasons, the first is that I wanted a little more punch than sometimes I feel like I get from the gunmetal, and second, I am one of the few that is having threading issues with the filters and the gunmetal are particularly bad and I cant get the right one to thread in. Whenever the replacements arrive I should have no such issues though.

Since you mentioned smells like teen spirit, I went and played it, and yes that track does not sound good with the pm4. Tracks with heavy cymbals and lots of electric guitar with that distortion pedal effect seem to be the worst offenders. Though it definitely depends on the track. Some are actually presented nicely, but as you said. theres gotta be a peak somewhere up there that certain tracks seem to hit just right and just dont work well. Which is too bad since most tracks sound really good.

I have found acoustic tracks seem to sound really good. Been listening to Above and Beyond Acoustic 1 and 2, and they sound wonderful.

I previously owned the Mee Pinnacle P1 and really like them and was hoping the PM4 would be a good complement offering similar quality with a more fun sound signature, and thats exactly what I got. Also been very tempted with these black friday sales to jump on the PM6, which was otherwise a bit out of my price range... but I just jumped on the Massdrop Noble X. Cancel and switch? Heh maybe not the best thread to ask since I know what you all will say!

how would you rank P1 and Pm4? which is better? still trying to decide which to get. 

mostly for pop song. 

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #8,757 of 24,683

Yeah I know how to find it usually.  I was just on mobile most of the day, which doesn't have the 'recent images'.

All good now, cheers.

Ah, sorry 'bout that.  I'm an old cogger still using an Android v2.4.2 with a tiny screen so I don't do web viewing on it.  Heck I have to tell folks not to send me pictures via text too as they appear basically postage stamp sized.  LOL

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #8,759 of 24,683
I think the main complaints are from those of us newer to Trinity products, whose motivating factor was the bargain. Of course they/we are going to be a little bummed out or upset seeing a product that we have been waiting a month or more for, selling for less. No amount of fanboy justifications will take away that sting. For those of us who bought during the window that I did, the only way to get the PM6 was to get it through Kickstarter. At $50 over the BF price and without any option to cancel it is hard not to regret that. Personally I started out just a little sad about it but all the justifications of that feeling against the fanboyism has done nothing but intensify that feeling, drumming up righteous indignation...

At least there is some comfort in knowing we will be earlier on the list, though I suspect that will only be a few days. I guess lesson learned, I won't back Trinity Kickstarters, but rather buy directly from the site if I buy from them again. I really hate Kickstarter and didn't want to buy the PM6 that way, but it was the only option at that time...

I wouldn't be surprised if those of us who ordered months before the PM6 went on KS receive our product a scant few days before the KS orders ship.

All I see is people who purchased on KS expressing how unfair the BF deal was. Yet nobody who ordered months ago pre-KS has complained.

Frankly, I have a nasty taste in my mouth with regards to the entitlement shown in the past few pages. Bob and his team work very hard to product a high-quality product and to keep the cost to the consumer down.

There were opportunities to order via Trinity's website for months prior to KS, and glean the protection it offers.

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #8,760 of 24,683
Wow, dont know how you do it lol

Anywho, considering putting in an order for the PM4. Only silver in stock at the moment though.
I ordered the silver yesterday, at the price I paid, they could be pink with green spots covered in blue fluffy stuff and I still would have bought, seriously... lol im all bout that sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back