TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 25, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #8,611 of 24,683
The only issue here is Bob & Jake have got slightly mixed up between the appreciating and depreciating aspect of their IEMs.

Ideally someone would put in £225 of their capital prior in time because of its appreciating aspect i.e their commodity would be priced at a high rate in due course of time.
Once a new model is set to be released (e.g PM8)  we could all understand that their PM6 would depreciate and start to lose its in store value and probably dip below £225. 

Alternatively they could offer KS backers a BT accessory and/or an option to upgrade their PM6 (£225) to Hunter (£295) by paying them the difference.

£235 really, doesn't the Trinity site have free shipping unless you want tracking? Or am I mixing it up with another retailer?

Nov 25, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #8,614 of 24,683
Quote:
£235 really, doesn't the Trinity site have free shipping unless you want tracking? Or am I mixing it up with another retailer?

I pre-ordered the PM6 on KS for £225 + £10 for shipping. I'm kinda bummed because I would have gone for the Hunter at £295 or paid £195 for the PM6.

At this moment I just don't have enough pounds to shell out for another IEM.
Hope Bob offers KS backers an alternative option.

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #8,615 of 24,683
Just my 2p, but as long as Trinity intend to sell their iems at the stated RRP once they are "out in the wild", then Bob and his team trying to generate some more sales before Christmas with another discount is fine by me. At the end of the day, the bang for buck ratio is always pretty high with Trinity gear, so if this works for them in terms of still making a profit then I'm comfortable with it. I can understand people being frustrated, but at the same time I can see why as a business it makes sense.

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #8,616 of 24,683
  sales from the Trinity site were suspended when I bought my PM6 and we were forced to buy from KS during the campaign.

The pre-order period for it was over, that's all. You could wait for it to come back online at MSRP.
Instead, you chose to back a campaign, and the reward you were offered was a discount close to pre-order price for the PM6 - pretty good if you ask me..

It went on sale on the site first so the "raising funds" thing is kind of irrelevant.  

The funds were raised for the Phantom Air, not PM6..

The fact that there is now a better shopping deal is the irrelevant thing -  as ,again, KS is not a shop
frown.gif

I feel your pain, but it seems to me that your expectations from KS are a bit different from the vision behind it.

The only issue here is Bob & Jake have got slightly mixed up between the appreciating and depreciating aspect of their IEMs.

Black Friday is a crazy time - I'm not sure normal appreciating and depreciating norms apply (as exemplified by other consumer product industries). It's some food for thought (for me as well) .
M.

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #8,617 of 24,683
Just my 2p, but as long as Trinity intend to sell their iems at the stated RRP once they are "out in the wild", then Bob and his team trying to generate some more sales before Christmas with another discount is fine by me. At the end of the day, the bang for buck ratio is always pretty high with Trinity gear, so if this works for them in terms of still making a profit then I'm comfortable with it. I can understand people being frustrated, but at the same time I can see why as a business it makes sense.

It would be one thing if the discount ended up at £235 but to actually drop the price to £40 below what those of us waiting for our KS orders paid just feels unfair.  Especially since we are locked in and can't get any kind of refund, since they diverted all PM6 sales to Kickstarter once the Phantom Wireless campaign went up.  I mean if they did that on something that had already shipped I would feel like I missed out, but not be upset.  

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #8,618 of 24,683

The fact that there is now a better shopping deal is the irrelevant thing -  as ,again, KS is not a shop
frown.gif

I feel your pain, but it seems to me that your expectations from KS are a bit different from the vision behind it.

Exactly, but by diverting all PM6 sales to KS they were treating it as one.  None of the justifications do anything to make those of us that are upset stop regretting our purchase unfortunately.  I wish I could be fine with paying  £40 more for waiting an extra month and all of the other disadvantages that come from ordering it through the KS campaign, but I'm not.

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #8,621 of 24,683

The pre-order period for it was over, that's all. You could wait for it to come back online at MSRP.
Instead, you chose to back a campaign, and the reward you were offered was a discount close to pre-order price for the PM6 - pretty good if you ask me..

frown.gif

Black Friday is a crazy time - I'm not sure normal appreciating and depreciating norms apply (as exemplified by other consumer product industries). It's some food for thought (for me as well) .
M.

I understand your point on the Black Friday aspect but it honestly shouldn't surpass the incentive for backing a project that has yet to be shipped.

To be fair I've never ever seen a further discount added during the pre-order and release date timeline. 

Assume that a product is due to be released in a months time with a MRP of $1000. During the 1st week, group A back the project at $700. By the 2nd week group B back it at $800. Here, group B doesn't have an issue paying an extra $100 because they missed the first round of funding and their wait period is relatively shorter.

Now by the 3rd week group C get an opportunity to back it at $600. From an economic stand point you see how this doesn't do justice to group A & B. Not only does group C have a less wait time but they also get a further discount which kills the whole incentive value for group A & B.

Had their products been ready to go on the date of purchase my point of view wouldn't have been the same. I hope you can understand things from my perspective.

I'm certain that Trinity had good intentions for this deal but they unintentionally forget about those people who were prior in the waiting line. I see it as an honest mistake from Trinity. If feasible they could still make adjustments (not in cashback) to maintain the incentive value for backing their project. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #8,622 of 24,683
I think WhineKnite may discourage Bob from making any surprise discounts in future. Well done, mate.
First of all gravycat, I wasn't the first nor the only one to bring it up. Secondly, I just said it sucks for those of us who ordered by Kickstarter... Almost all of the subsequent posts have been trying to justify why it feels unfair since it seems some of the people replying seem to think we are donating to a charity by buying from Trinity or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back