TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 24, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #8,508 of 24,683
Crap. That makes Hunter a steal. Now do I cancel PM6 and get the hunter. Ugh.
Great sale Bob thx.

Alas when I got to checkout the BF discount makes if £325 not £ 295, taking it from £500
£450 is for gunmetal only. Duh!!! That gets me to £295

Hmm £95 more bounds for the hunter vs my pre-order PM6. UGH!!!! Bob dang it

Yah, I went ahead and requested a cancellation for my pm6 and others and just went for the HUNTER...  That discount of 295 GBP is unreal
blink.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #8,509 of 24,683
I know I'll be in the firing line for this comment but I'll go ahead and share my honest suggestion. For those who've pledged for the PM6/PM6+Air at £225/£315, could you possibly offer us an add-on such as the TRINITY BLUETOOTH LANYARD considering there's currently a 30 quid difference in price. 

If feasible, I'd love to see this happen considering backers are your first love 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #8,510 of 24,683
Yah, I went ahead and requested a cancellation for my pm6 and others and just went for the HUNTER...  That discount of 295 GBP is unreal:blink: .

I know the Hunter and Master 6 are supposed to be similar in their sound signature but I wonder how the difference in that single voice coil dynamic driver versus the push pull dynamic drivers will affect the higher frequencies

Dang it I hate buying canceling buying canceling

I'm wondering if the size and shape of the hunter will make it an easier fit. Here I go again, getting Bob to draw me in and push my spending even more

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #8,511 of 24,683
I know the Hunter and Master 6 are supposed to be similar in their sound signature but I wonder how the difference in that single voice coil dynamic driver versus the push pull dynamic drivers will affect the higher frequencies

Dang it I hate buying canceling buying canceling

I'm wondering if the size and shape of the hunter will make it an easier fit. Here I go again, getting Bob to draw me in and push my spending even more

I was thinking the same thing...  The hunter looks like it will be a much better fit.  I have a feeling the hunter will be an improvement in sound.

Push/pull isn't my preference so i am excited to try what the hunter has to offer.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #8,512 of 24,683
I actually pre-ordered 4 sets of the Hunter 4. So far the non-damped silver filter on one set isn't threading. I'm going to have to check the other 3 before I can give them as gifts & before I put in a request for replacement filters. I also pre-ordered 2 sets of the Hunter 6, as well as 2 sets of the Atlas Delta. I'm also in for 2 sets of the Phantom Air...and further down the rabbit hole I go

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #8,514 of 24,683
I was thinking the same thing...  The hunter looks like it will be a much better fit.  I have a feeling the hunter will be an improvement in sound.

Push/pull isn't my preference so i am excited to try what the hunter has to offer.

What do you not like about it and how many different IEM's using this have you tried to come to this conclusion?

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #8,515 of 24,683
What do you not like about it and how many different IEM's using this have you tried to come to this conclusion?

I am an outlier when it comes to this.  I have a condition that sensitizes my hearing, so that great detail, which is fantastic and well worth the praise...  it can get to me after a while.  I need something a little more gentle on the detail.  Back in the day before my condition I would have loved that punchy and detailed bass.  

The phantom line up is a special line up that accomplishes some extraordinary feats especially for the price.

Why do you ask?

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #8,516 of 24,683
They're not packed that way.  Sounds like you have a gorilla in your USPS chain somewhere.  :wink_face:
Don't know what to say about the missing tip.

But glad to hear you find them worthy performers.

A little tip:  Since the filters don't have o-rings they can come loose.  I did find that with Auvio tips they didn't for whatever reason.  Regardless it will pay to sanity check their tightness as a standard procedure before each use.  Don't need to be loosing any filters. :bigsmile_face:  

Yeah I'm not sure what happened. Rushed packing to ship or what. Oh well. I'm using the gunmetal filters, so I believe it's the neutral of the bunch. Gonna try Auvio later, just have SFs on now.

That BF discount is crazy, kind of sucks that we ordered so early for a discount and now others can jump in at the last second for even more of a discount but oh well. The price I paid is already a steal so I won't go through the hassle of reordering the PM6.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #8,517 of 24,683
I am an outlier when it comes to this.  I have a condition that sensitizes my hearing, so that great detail, which is fantastic and well worth the praise...  it can get to me after a while.  I need something a little more gentle on the detail.  Back in the day before my condition I would have loved that punchy and detailed bass.  

The phantom line up is a special line up that accomplishes some extraordinary feats especially for the price.

Why do you ask?

I understand. I was curious since the only other IEMs that uses push pull that I know of are the highly praised ATH-CKR's (which I love myself) and I was curious if you could hear similarities in the bass between them and the PM4 and if so what you didn't like....

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #8,518 of 24,683
I understand. I was curious since the only other IEMs that uses push pull that I know of are the highly praised ATH-CKR's (which I love myself) and I was curious if you could hear similarities in the bass between them and the PM4 and if so what you didn't like....

I apologize, I haven't heard the ath-ckr's.  I have listened to the sabre's and pm4's.  

But i'm sensitive....   So I get to feel what the normal person feels from these IEM's in the first few listens or first listening session or two and it's wonderful.  The Emotion from the detail of the pm4, especially with well mastered songs, was unparalleled with any past experience.  The detail of the bass made me feel emotions to a threshold that was just a new experience, even relaxing me down to a level that was simply wonderful...  But due to my sensitivity from my condition it can cross that threshold of positive feeling, and the balance is lost and I just want it to tone down.  

So like if i reviewed this product, the pm4, I would review it very well despite the fact that I can't handle it, thus the nature of the sensitivity.  Hence, my search for something like the hunter where it's not punchy all the time, but hopefully punchy where the bass is punchy and not where it's not.  I don't want something to excite me all the time, I need something to sooth me.  And I find this preference to be unfortunately in the upper tiers in terms of price, a level i may luckily be able to reach due to the this black friday discount.  

OMG because when i can lay down, let go, rest, and play music that soothes, and it really helps my condition and aids in my recovery.  And if the IEM is effective enough the music can actually be used as a non-pharmacological means of therapy that, from a quantitative standpoint, allows increased time of relaxation to a level that promotes rest, decreasing the amount of time my body is stressed (stress inhibits the healing process), and healing that literally quickens my own recovery, thus utilizing effectively the healing power of music, but you have to have good quality IEM's for this that play the music naturally:  punchy where it's punchy, not where it's not, so to speak.  The word vibrant comes to mind, where the music is played to that hue of color at that brightness it was intended to be played at, instead of being bold all the time or vivid all the time.  That's why I love the Martin IMS HVA, it allows me to rest with music that lowers my relaxation to a level I can't naturally go to right now, a level that is necessary for more effective recovery.

So I'm kind of hoping for @Bobtrinity's "hunter" side to "vibrant" things down a bit and see how he can really make a difference with his music...

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #8,519 of 24,683
  I know I'll be in the firing line for this comment but I'll go ahead and share my honest suggestion. For those who've pledged for the PM6/PM6+Air at £225/£315, could you possibly offer us an add-on such as the TRINITY BLUETOOTH LANYARD considering there's currently a 30 quid difference in price. 

If feasible, I'd love to see this happen considering backers are your first love 
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, Kind of bummed out that I ordered PM6 early on KS and paid 30 more for it and still have to wait as long as those who buy it now for cheaper 
frown.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #8,520 of 24,683
I apologize, I haven't heard the ath-ckr's.  I have listened to the sabre's and pm4's.  

But i'm sensitive....

So I'm kind of hoping for @Bobtrinity
's "hunter" side to "vibrant" things down a bit and see how he can really make a difference with his music...

Hey, no need to apologize.

And here I was looking for comparison of the bass from the CKRs and (my soon to arrive) PM4's, seems pretty irrelevant in comparison. I'd guess I'm the one who should apologize.

I'm sorry to hear about you condition and truly hope that you eventually find that sweet spot of an iem that you can fully enjoy all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back