TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Nov 21, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #8,221 of 24,683
Has anyone received PM4 in Australia? I did not get any email from Trinity so far and wondering if anyone who ordered from Australia received their PM4 yet or at least email notification of shipment from Trinity. 

I ordered with regular shipping service but then the following day I asked Jake about paying for a tracked shipping.

Until now I haven't received any tracking notification, guess I still have to hold on lol. SEA here btw.

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #8,222 of 24,683

Has anyone received PM4 in Australia? I did not get any email from Trinity so far and wondering if anyone who ordered from Australia received their PM4 yet or at least email notification of shipment from Trinity. 

Only tracked shipments get the notification. All others have already shipped.

Well noted. Thank you. Does it normally takes 2 weeks from UK to AU? Last time I ordered from your website, it took just over a week.

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #8,223 of 24,683

I ordered with regular shipping service but then the following day I asked Jake about paying for a tracked shipping.

Until now I haven't received any tracking notification, guess I still have to hold on lol. SEA here btw.

Maybe I should have done the same and pay extra get tracking for peace of mind. You may want to check with Trinity that you still have not received tracking notification. According to Bob, it has already been shipped.

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #8,224 of 24,683
Got 'em:

OK here is my critical assessment:

Physical:
I like the long cable a lot!
biggrin.gif

Had trouble with the fit at first due to the shallow fit of the design, I typically use kombi's but the size was just off so I had to removed the foam insertion of the kombi's and put it on the spinfits and the hyrbid spinfits really bring out the sound of these guys...  Something else!  
Wouldn't mind seeing extended filters pop up for sale Mr. @Bobtrinity
wink.gif
.  The vyruses are a great fit cuz they can be inserted deeper and the extended filters on the sabre were perfect.  My ears are fickle and need to buy more filters from you.

Salient Audio Characteristics:

Overall:  This is a mature sound:  It will bring out the shortcomings of tracks that aren't well mastered, especially the upper frequencies that lead to strident sounds, but the dampened filters are a good remedy for this as well as foam tips.  Well mastered tracks simply sound beautiful with the undampened filters, which can almost be forward with the upper frequencies, but controls itself and behaves so that even a treble sensitive person like me can get the most out of the upper frequencies, and if it's too much, it is really nice to have the dampened filters...  I am really happy with that.
I do have to say that a perfect fit/seal makes a big difference for the upper frequencies that may be too forward for some cuz it really enhances the bass...

Bass:  If you haven't tried other filters yet and are looking for bass, please go to the silver filters immediately, cuz this is where the mature sound really provides wonderful options.  Before with the delta vII, sabre, and vyus the bassy filters were too much for me to listen to for prolonged periods of time, but with the pm4 it is well balanced while still having fun.  It has rumble, it punches, and even booms in the bass oriented songs, but doesn't bleed to the other frequencies nor does it dominate the stage.  It stands out, but it shares the performance balanced well with the other frequencies present and even brought out the basshead in me without booming me back into hiding.  

Even in the less bassy filters, the bass is still present and alive, which is a wonderful change to what I am used to.

Undamped gunmetal:  Since I never use the gunmetal on the vyrus, i gutted it and tried it on the pm4...  and it was kind of boring...  Yes theoretically it should sound nice by being in the middle of the beloved silver and gold filters, but it doesn't match the level of balance the surrounding filters have or the gunmetal with the dampener.  This just went to show me how well balanced the sound signature is at each step of the filters...  It also showed me what a madman BOB was to be able to orchestrate them this way.

Conclusion:  This IEM can broaden your musical horizon or progress its development forward into untapped emotions of songs and artists previously hidden by less capable IEM's and even away from songs or artists where there was nothing more than what was on the surface.  The balance is beautiful and the versatility, especially with the more bass oriented filters, is a very nice and novel availability these bring to the table.  Vividness and brightness is tamed to a sparkle, which is nice to see, while maintaining that magic BOB is learning in balancing the upper frequencies, now in a more refined fashioning that has yielded a beautifully more mature sound signature in this IEM.

Can't wait to see what the pm6 has to offer.

I have to say congratulations on this pair.  It is more than a treat to listen to this and be able to feel the emotion it is capable of providing.  But there is definitely room to grow and hoping to see that in the pm6.

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #8,225 of 24,683
The beauties are here and WOW!!!  Bob and the trinity team, please take a bow. Splendid and smooth.

I'm just rocking the default gunmetal filter that it came with. The sound is so clear and clean. Bass has good presence and impact (even on gunmetal filter) The vocals are pristine. There is sparkle in the top. I don't know how much improvement it will be on undamped gold filter. All frequencies are crystal clear. Thanks to Bob and the trinity team. This should be priced $1500 USD minimum. And I'm not kidding. I've 64audio U12 & U4SE, PSB M4U4, Vibro Aria to name a few.

The IEMs are compact and fits without any issues. It is lightweight too. The fine braided cable is so lightweight and it disappears. Very very comfortable cable.

Here are some photos:

Which one is damped and undamped in the silver, pink and gold filters?

The IEM finish and quality is premium. The case, the selection of ear tips, the filters, the adapters - too many and all top notch. I'm listening as I'm typing and I don't want to take it off. The refinements in PM6 and Hunter are going to be unbelievable, given that PM4 has set the bar very very very high. 

Rock on!!!

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #8,227 of 24,683
Just a quick warning - 2 of my filters had metal burrs left over from the machining process. Be sure to check your filters and clean them off. You don't want metal burrs in your ears. Other than that I am really enjoying the PM4. I haven't tried out all the filters yet, but so far I am liking the gunmetal & undamped gold. Unfortunately, neither undamped silver will thread onto the left earphone, they fit all the way in as if they are too small.

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #8,228 of 24,683
The beauties are here and WOW!!!  Bob and the trinity team, please take a bow. Splendid and smooth.

I'm just rocking the default gunmetal filter that it came with. The sound is so clear and clean. Bass has good presence and impact (even on gunmetal filter) The vocals are pristine. There is sparkle in the top. I don't know how much improvement it will be on undamped gold filter. All frequencies are crystal clear. Thanks to Bob and the trinity team. This should be priced $1500 USD minimum. And I'm not kidding. I've 64audio U12 & U4SE, PSB M4U4, Vibro Aria to name a few.

The IEMs are compact and fits without any issues. It is lightweight too. The fine braided cable is so lightweight and it disappears. Very very comfortable cable.

Here are some photos:

Which one is damped and undamped in the silver, pink and gold filters?

The IEM finish and quality is premium. The case, the selection of ear tips, the filters, the adapters - too many and all top notch. I'm listening as I'm typing and I don't want to take it off. The refinements in PM6 and Hunter are going to be unbelievable, given that PM4 has set the bar very very very high. 

Rock on!!!

"This should be priced $1500 USD minimum." Don't give Bob any stupid ideas please. :D

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #8,231 of 24,683
Got mine and was so excited unboxing it. Plugged it in and got dissapointed fast because the left driver is producing static like crazy when in use. Tried changing the cord but the problem still is still present:frowning2:

Oh. bummer. Did you check if the cable is inserted properly and securely? 

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #8,234 of 24,683
Anybody try the Master 4 with BT lanyard and iPhone7?  

I have a huge issue with volume, I can't get it to go low enough.  The lowest setting is too loud.

I unpaired it.  I opened the music app on the iPhone 7 and set volume to zero playing and played a song-of course heard nothing.  Then re-paired it and the lowest volume setting is still just too loud for me.

I went iPhone 7 settings and turned max volume way down and turned off sound check.  nothing works.

The jump from no volume to 1 notch is just too much.

I then paired it to my MacBook Pro and lowest volume setting is much better and can actually move to 2nd nor 3rd volume notch.  I not sure why the volume control is so different between the iPhone 7 and may MacBook Pro.

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #8,235 of 24,683
My silver undampened had the metal burr issue. Had to basically rethread them with a Swiss Army knife and a scratch awl. It worked though, and was TOTALLY worth it.

I was really worried at first about these with the gunmetal filters on. Totally not my style and I was concerned that filters couldn't change the sound that much. Then I switched to the undampened silvers with Trinity Kombis... BOOM! The sound I was looking for!

Being a basshead I could always use a little more subbass... But these are awesome. Incredible clarity, great treble without piercing sound. Super fast and punchy midbass. Well above average soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back